Grace Beverley #14 delayed gratification is getting into Oxford on your gap year after being rejected once

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's been on another blocking spree. I finally got hit. Don't know why since I haven't commented or liked anyposts for a few weeks now.

I bet she thinks that blocking people on social media is work. Probably set aside an hour of her schedule for it.
Probably going over old posts and looking for negative comments late at night, she claims she doesn’t care if people like her or not yet is absolutely obsessed with blocking people who she deems as haters even if they haven’t done anything more than just liking a comment 😩

Reactions: 24
Oh my god will she give it a rest?
toxic productivity level 10 whilst about to realise a book which explores:
“the pressure of feeling like we should be grinding 24/7 while simultaneously being told that we should ‘just relax’” i’d agree grace that “this seemingly impossible choice” couldn't be further from YOUR reality.
really not sure why she felt she is the best person to write on this topic when she goes on like this? so many young people will look up to her and feel like they aren’t doing enough, seeing her working out and reading a book all whilst her insides are hanging out 🥴 when in reality they are probably working harder than she has ever had to (all while she is hardly working).
she is so heavily entrenched in hustle culture yet on other occasions tries to make out like she’s nailing the balanced life style? yet simultaneously promoting grind til u die mentality.

someone make it make sense please

Reactions: 65
I came here just to post this as well, it's such a bleeping joke at this point. The hypocrisy is just so apparent???? I've had the urge to read whilst on my exercise bike but that's just reading for fun and because I'm well into a book at that moment. But even then it's just felt like a bad idea because reading for fun still requires some level of concentration. Just cringe.

Also about her asking about bra's, 100% also waiting for the river of #adgifted items in the next few weeks.

Reactions: 33
“the pressure of feeling like we should be grinding 24/7 while simultaneously being told that we should ‘just relax’” i’d agree grace that “this seemingly impossible choice” couldn't be further from YOUR reality.
really not sure why she felt she is the best person to write on this topic when she goes on like this? so many young people will look up to her and feel like they aren’t doing enough, seeing her working out and reading a book all whilst her insides are hanging out 🥴 when in reality they are probably working harder than she has ever had to (all while she is hardly working).
she is so heavily entrenched in hustle culture yet on other occasions tries to make out like she’s nailing the balanced life style? yet simultaneously promoting grind til u die mentality.

You took the words right out of my mouth, it’s all just a big joke at this point. I don’t know how anyone can take her seriously when she doesn’t even follow her own advice (or her own fitness guides). Seemingly the only thing of hers that she actually uses is tala. I do wonder how many pairs of leggings she’s gone through though 😂

Reactions: 18
I genuinely don’t understand how you can write a book supposedly advocating for a better work life balance and against ”hustle culture” but post stuff like this! I feel real anger looking at this story 😂

Exactly!! She is the one telling other people they have to be working 24/7 through the content she produces 😭 how can you be part of the problem and then pretend that you’ve come up with the solution!?

I know someone from university who started their own business (in a similar way to Grace I guess except from the fact hers isn’t glorified merch). Grace has honestly made her feel terrible for years, she compares herself to her and thinks that she isn’t doing enough but in reality she’s likely doing so much more!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I genuinely don’t understand how you can write a book supposedly advocating for a better work life balance and against ”hustle culture” but post stuff like this! I feel real anger looking at this story 😂

Exactly!! She is the one telling other people they have to be working 24/7 through the content she produces 😭 how can you be part of the problem and then pretend that you’ve come up with the solution!?

I know someone from university who started their own business (in a similar way to Grace I guess except from the fact hers isn’t glorified merch). Grace has honestly made her feel terrible for years, she compares herself to her and thinks that she isn’t doing enough but in reality she’s likely doing so much more!
To me it's like through all this she's saying "hustle culture is bad, you shouldn't fall into it, obviously I have cause I'm superior to everyone and such a hard worker but you all can't handle it" lol

• Haha
Reactions: 40
how can you be part of the problem and then pretend that you’ve come up with the solution!?
YES THATS IT!! was struggling to articulate hence the waffle but you’ve hit it with this 👏🏾👏🏾

To me it's like through all this she's saying "hustle culture is bad, you shouldn't fall into it, obviously I have cause I'm superior to everyone and such a hard worker but you all can't handle it" lol
yes and this!!!! it’s defo that constant air of superiority that’s one of the biggest issues here, like oh you peasants could never be hustle culture and actually productive and manage to self care so here’s some advice that i’m not going to follow because i can handle it all
u ain’t handling anything hun you’re 23 and look at least mid thirties 🥴

Reactions: 22
So she has time to sit around blocking people for liking comments, but no time to have a wash? My god the tough life of a boss babe
71DDB585-486E-41F6-BC22-7C623F17BDD6.png

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
So she has time to sit around blocking people for liking comments, but no time to have a wash? My god the tough life of a boss babe
View attachment 500065
She worked out this morning and obviously showered, did her make up and had the time to blow dry her fringe. Then just bleeping wash your hair as well lol? You're going to blow dry it anyway?? People, the dirtier your hair is doesn't equate to how productive you are. LOOOOL smh

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
She worked out this morning and obviously showered, did her make up and had the time to blow dry her fringe. Then just bleeping wash your hair as well lol? You're going to blow dry it anyway?? People, the dirtier your hair is doesn't equate to how productive you are. LOOOOL smh
should have called the book “hardly working hardly washing”
disgusting

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
So she just walks around with sweaty hair all day after she works out? 🤢

Also I’m sure her blocking spree is to do with the book. She hates criticism no matter how constructive and gets so defensive whenever anyone brings up her privileged background, and those comments are all going to be amplified once the book is out.

Reactions: 9
should have called the book “hardly working hardly washing”
disgusting
Next thread title! Make it coincide with her book release 😭😭
Nah but fr it’s gross, how can you post yourself exercising and then 2 hours later post another story saying you haven’t washed smh

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I don’t follow many (or any, for that matter) influencers so I’m not sure about this, but is it common for influencers to constantly use filters when they do stories? I don’t think I’ve seen a story of Grace without a filter on and idk if this is a normal influencer thing or her insecurities coming to play.

Reactions: 14
I don’t follow many (or any, for that matter) influencers so I’m not sure about this, but is it common for influencers to constantly use filters when they do stories? I don’t think I’ve seen a story of Grace without a filter on and idk if this is a normal influencer thing or her insecurities coming to play.
I'd say most influencers use filters. Some will even go as far as to film the Instagram story with the filter on, then save and reupload so that their followers can't see the little notification that says a filter has been used. They'll often do this when doing adverts for skincare and makeup products. It's really frustrating.

I've followed Grace for a while and she didn't used to use filters nearly as much. In fact, she was pretty open about sharing her natural skin and didn't do silly things to her face with FaceTune like some influencers. She does still occasionally share her natural skin but I think she has become pretty attached to the filters as of late, and a lot of her selfies in her feed posts have filters on too which she didn't used to do. I think it's incredibly toxic and unhealthy.

Reactions: 26
Also how does she have time to do her makeup but not wash hair. I would much rather just wash my hair!

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.