Grace Beverley #14 delayed gratification is getting into Oxford on your gap year after being rejected once

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don’t believe what she has said because Oxford had ample hardship funds for students with genuine financial hardship which meant their work would have been affected!

Reactions: 19
I don’t believe what she has said because Oxford had ample hardship funds for students with genuine financial hardship which meant their work would have been affected!
This! Plus as a British born student with no immigration issues, getting a student loan was never a worry for her.

I wonder if (read: hope) someone will pick up on the student finance lie during the press run for the book. It's honestly pathetic

Reactions: 31
Wish she would stop trying to hide the ad gifted food. If you’re so sheepish about getting free food when you’ve got so much money they don’t accept it. Or if she wants to help out a company by advertising them, then maybe say that and donate the equivalent she would pay for lunches that week to a local food bank or something (maybe she does do that to give her the benefit of the doubt)

Reactions: 35
I do really find it bizarre that she hypes up Shreddy as the only app you need for your fitness journey, yet rarely seems to use it herself. It’s always random workouts or F45 classes as you say - it makes no sense from a business perspective
Exactly this! At least with meggan Grubbs new app she’s always promoting on insta and offering free live workouts from the app on the apps insta page. The contrast between them and how involved they are in their own app is huge

Reactions: 17
Exactly this! At least with meggan Grubbs new app she’s always promoting on insta and offering free live workouts from the app on the apps insta page. The contrast between them and how involved they are in their own app is huge
Same with Krissy Cela, and her app is a huge success! Both Meggan and Krissy prove that people don’t dislike Grace for her success, looks or growth, it’s because of her bad attitude/lies. I also found the Shreddy community to be quite immature and bitchy, whereas the T&S (Krissys app) is just incredibly lovely and it seems like Beyond is the same - can’t help but think that’s because of the people representing them 👀

Reactions: 29
This! Plus as a British born student with no immigration issues, getting a student loan was never a worry for her.

I wonder if (read: hope) someone will pick up on the student finance lie during the press run for the book. It's honestly pathetic
I really wonder if a journalist will contact someone from the uni and question this? it doesn't put the uni in a good light at all, especially as they are already always criticised for the lack of lower income students

Reactions: 19
I really wonder if a journalist will contact someone from the uni and question this? it doesn't put the uni in a good light at all, especially as they are already always criticised for the lack of lower income students
Yeah, there are many issues with the university but (in my own experience) financial issues is not one of them - they had super generous bursaries (NOT the scholarship that Grace got) and one time that I had an admin error with my student loan they were very accommodating..

Reactions: 14
Yeah, there are many issues with the university but (in my own experience) financial issues is not one of them - they had super generous bursaries (NOT the scholarship that Grace got) and one time that I had an admin error with my student loan they were very accommodating..
I think most good unis are aren't they? I didn't go to oxbridge but another redbrick, and once you are in they are pretty accommodating to keep you there in my experience

Reactions: 11
I'd love to hear what her claim that she was "struggling for money" in November 2016 meant for her. Because judging from her Instagram during that period, she went on a uni skiing holiday at the start of December. Very relatable; the first thing I do when I'm skint is head over to Val Thorens.

I'm starting to think that 'struggling for money' meant she had to buy avocados from Tesco instead of Waitrose. The heart bleeds.

• Haha
Reactions: 92
Wish she would stop trying to hide the ad gifted food. If you’re so sheepish about getting free food when you’ve got so much money they don’t accept it. Or if she wants to help out a company by advertising them, then maybe say that and donate the equivalent she would pay for lunches that week to a local food bank or something (maybe she does do that to give her the benefit of the doubt)
I'm reporting the one she's done today to ASA, absolutely ridiculous that I'd have to use a magnifying glass to locate her adgifted

Reactions: 33
So she was higher risk this whole time (obviously due to asthma) but was constantly breaking lockdown rules over the summer, refused to wear a mask in taxis, and happily attended that covid-hotbed party in Dubai?! Influencers man... your life is more important than living the bougie London influencer life.
I know a number of people who have managed to get the vaccine early through connections at private firms working with the government ...

• Wow
Reactions: 7
Yep this, I went to her college and even though it's not an extremely wealthy one they have more than enough money to help out students with discretionary bursaries. If she actually needed one they would have known about it and covered her, but they're not stupid. They know who is on loans (or grants in those days) and whose parents are paying and obviously she didn't qualify. In contrast my friend was actually struggling to pay fees (his parents weren't in the picture) and they gave him grants almost no questions asked because they knew it was a genuine need.

Reactions: 17
They won't because it's too much work.

• Sad
Reactions: 5
We need more articles like this in the mainstream media to open people’s eyes to the fact recycled polyester and companies like Tala are simply greenwashing and part of a closed loop economy. Recycled polyester textiles end up in landfill and do absolutely nothing for sustainability. Grace has built Tala on pure lies and deceit.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
We need more articles like this in the mainstream media to open people’s eyes to the fact recycled polyester and companies like Tala are simply greenwashing and part of a closed loop economy. Recycled polyester textiles end up in landfill and do absolutely nothing for sustainability. Grace has built Tala on pure lies and deceit.

Thank you for sharing such an insightful article.
Again it seems the most sustainable option is to not buy at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I know a few people who have just rang up to book it in saying they have received a text to tell them to book (they didn't) and got in straight away

Reactions: 1
I know a number of people who have managed to get the vaccine early through connections at private firms working with the government ...
Sorry that’s just a lie, it’s not how the vaccine is distributed. What kind of firms? And what links to government? Considering even fat old tory boris has only just had his vaccine im calling lies

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Sorry that’s just a lie, it’s not how the vaccine is distributed. What kind of firms? And what links to government? Considering even fat old tory boris has only just had his vaccine im calling lies
Yeah straight up that is actually ridiculous.
I think Grace got the vaccine at roughly the normal time though tbh. I think they’re calling up asthmatics regardless of how severe it is, my boyfriends mum was called up yday and she is severely asthmatic, also 40 and obese (which I thought counted as an underlying condition and you’d therefore get done sooner), on the exact same day as my friend who is asthmatic but also young and healthy and doesn’t really struggle with her asthma. So idk, I don’t think it’s some mad conspiracy that Grace got the vaccine when she did

Reactions: 22
Yeah considering there's about half a million vaccinations happening every day in the UK, I don't think you need to resort to conspiracies to explain when rich/privileged people get the vaccine. 50% of UK adults have received the vaccine - of course some of those are going to be toffs just by chance.

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.