Grace Beverley #13 Double whammy nuanced Grace, freeloading through life with shiny face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
From how she reacted I worry how the staff within TALA were made to feel about this situation. I don’t mean that they’d be blamed, but when your CEO acts like the world has ended over damaged stock, I imagine it results in an expectation for everyone else in the company to feel/express the same emotional distress. I worked somewhere which had a similar startup/"cool company" vibes, and it had a toxic culture of when something went wrong - even when in the grand scheme of things it wasn't a huge setback - the low-paid overworked staff are expected to agonise and be so upset over it just like the CEOs. I think it's because these companies encourage you to blur your work/life boundaries to the point where your work becomes your personal life, so when something bad happens at work it's as devastating as something going wrong in your personal life. If that makes sense.

A launch being ruined because of damaged stock is obviously a tit situation, but I feel like it's her job to not bring her staff's mood down with her. Absolutely express that upset privately but I think there's a duty to your staff to encourage everyone not to get down in the dumps about a mistake that they couldn't control (and ultimately are probably not paid enough to invest that much emotional energy into it) 😅
Absolutely - It's all about how you handle the situation and try and turn it into a positive situation. I think by her trying to be transparent on her stories, has actually come across not-so-great. If you see your CEO so down about it (or so she claims) it doesn't set a good message - can't imagine how they feel.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m sorry, I still can’t quite believe that their pj sets are priced between £45 and £65
(Add another £10 if you wants matching bobble 😱)

how they ever called themselves affordable is beyond me

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Also I don’t know how to explain it, but after watching graces stories I’ve just got a hunch that they’re gonna be doing something shady (as in unsustainable) with that faulty stock. Feel like they’ve really gone hard on the pity party tonight so that they can later play the “guys you saw how upset we all were literally had no other choice”
Also think she showed her true colours about being financially driven and not that bothered about sustainability. Kept going on about cost of yarn, and finances. I dunno, all a bit iffy to me
Well shady grace as already deleted her stories crying about it...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
It's probably nothing to do with Tala staff and it's Genflow's fault? It's still them that source it etc, maybe the only blame Tala staff can have is the late check, but will it even be them that handles the distribution?
I'm pretty sure Genflow are only involved with Shreddy and what was B_ND, Tala does seem to be run as itself

Reactions: 4
I imagine lots of tala's customers are too young to have ever had a professional job and it's giving a really bad message about how you conduct yourself professionally. Only influencers can get away with behaving like this, the other 99.99% of people would be ridiculed.
I agree with you there. Sometimes I click on the comments and I’d say a good 90% are students

Reactions: 7
I’m pretty sure Gleam are involved with Tala, when you look up Grace’s profile on their website it seems like they gave her lots of help setting it all up like they do with all the other influencer ‘merch’

Reactions: 9
Yeah, admittedly I know nothing about the fashion industry but it seems bizarre to announce and set a launch date (a few days before you intend to launch) before your product has even arrived in the UK from wherever it was made. Or if it has arrived, verifying you have the stock and all is fine and dandy before announcing.
It actually reminds me of that In The Style documentary from last year, there was an episode where they only received the stock for launch the day before.

Now I'm not SAYING Tala are fast fashion, but I mean if the shoe fits....

• Haha
Reactions: 36
I was wondering whether the whole ‘receiving clothes last minute’ is a money-saving thing? Obviously if they expect to sell out straight away all the time, the stock won’t spend much time in the fulfilment centres which = not having to pay for storage in the UK right? (Someone please correct me if wrong)
If they don’t pay to hold the stock in the UK centres for long quality control will be low as its a ‘receive and send’ asap.

ETA: I don’t agree with poor quality control, but from a business perspective its an easy way to save money if you never ‘hold’ clothes in the UK. Makes sense why they hype market bc they won’t want to pay to hold onto stock.

Reactions: 12
I was wondering whether the whole ‘receiving clothes last minute’ is a money-saving thing? Obviously if they expect to sell out straight away all the time, the stock won’t spend much time in the fulfilment centres which = not having to pay for storage in the UK right? (Someone please correct me if wrong)
If they don’t pay to hold the stock in the UK centres for long quality control will be low as its a ‘receive and send’ asap.

ETA: I don’t agree with poor quality control, but from a business perspective its an easy way to save money if you never ‘hold’ clothes in the UK. Makes sense why they hype market bc they won’t want to pay to hold onto stock.
Yes its definitely a thing and it makes total sense from business perspective. Quality control is a separate issue but nothing wrong with getting stock close to when it's needed

Reactions: 11

Yel

To be fair pretty much all places use a just in time method. Even supermarkets don't really have a storeroom anymore as most deliveries go from the van to the shelf.

However they've still messed up somewhere to have received all the stock for skus that doesn't meet their low standards. Maybe they skipped steps on due diligence in order to sell as quickly as possible?

Reactions: 12
To be fair pretty much all places use a just in time method. Even supermarkets don't really have a storeroom anymore as most deliveries go from the van to the shelf.

However they've still messed up somewhere to have received all the stock for skus that doesn't meet their low standards. Maybe they skipped steps on due diligence in order to sell as quickly as possible?
yeah I don't think the delivery time for them is the issue, the issue is more they don't deliver on time for their customers

Reactions: 7
Lol the launch hasn’t happened on time. So embarrassing for her

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Yel

Checked the stock levels of one item as soon as it launched by adding hundreds to basket and it tells you how many they have.

Looks like around 600 of each of the 3 colours of the top. ASOS it isn't with that influencer level of stock

PSX_20210304_181449.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: 29
Checked the stock levels of one item as soon as it launched by adding hundreds to basket and it tells you how many they have.

Looks like around 600 of each of the 3 colours of the top. ASOS it isn't with that influencer level of stock

View attachment 466891
It's the complete under-stocking of XL for me ✨ so inclusive

Reactions: 47

Yel

To be fair to them in 40 minutes they've only sold 3 XL while selling around 80 of the large and 50 of the medium so they're probably stocking levels that reflect what sizes people buy

Screenshot_20210304-184015_Instagram.jpg

Edit I take that back 😆 15 mins later and they've ran out of the XL with loads left of everything else

Screenshot_20210304-185838_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Real lack of inclusive sizing, the XL pyjamas are quite obviously too small for this model.
Screenshot_20210304-192933.jpg
Screenshot_20210304-192914.jpg
Screenshot_20210304-192800.jpg
Screenshot_20210304-192733.jpg

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 55
They really aren’t cute or flattering at all and they’re £45 geezz. R people really buying this?!!

I just noticed the TALA stitching on the side, it looked like the fabric was accidently pulled, it’s really bad and the way it’s see through and you can see all the seams. And oh god the shoe lace tie on the shorts🤢🤮

Reactions: 22
This is so disappointing, and difficult to understand! Surely the most boss babe capitalist move would be to buy in stock based on customer demand? The only reason I can think is that she doesn't want a high proportion of plus size customers in the tagged photos of the tala Instagram (since she can't select the specific "acceptable" plus size shape like with the photo shoot models and bigger bodies generally make poor cuts/fabric choices more obvious)

Either that or she just doesn't want too many fat people in her clothes 🤷🏽‍♀️.

Pretty gross imo

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.