Grace Beverley #13 Double whammy nuanced Grace, freeloading through life with shiny face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My flat mate bought the new doze TALA stuff (and no, it’s not me lol I would never). She bought a S and a XL arrived, there’s a tear in the arm and the seams are fucked 😶 so much for improved quality
Wow on that last one you can actually see the poor quality stitching! Just more evidence that tala factory workers are likely under intense time pressure to produce many garments per day (aka fast fashion working conditions)

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Someone with a wikipedia account should flag it as a conflict of interest / advert. It's embarrassing that her or someone she pays is linking to contributor written articles as a reliable source :LOL:

It seems to me to be breaking their clear rules:

• Advertising, marketing or public relations. Information about people, organizations, issues, and products must be written in an objective and unbiased style, free of puffery.
If an article appears to be any of the above, this tag is appropriate.
Grace is literally the definition of puffery

• Haha
Reactions: 13
thread suggestion: book out soon. still out of tune. harping on and on about her mole “wound”

Reactions: 3
Her lies are piling up so rapidly it’s going to take a podcast detective to unravel it all 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Does anyone have any recommendations for a similar sort of book (productivity, navigating the workplace, self care etc.) that isn’t written by someone like Grace?
I feel like it’s something I’d be interested in reading, but would rather take advice/pointers from someone who has experiences of this in the ‘real world’ as opposed to an influencer as I feel I just wouldn’t relate?
Atomic habits is an interesting read and his tips are actually actionable which is helpful

• Heart
Reactions: 10
WRT that recent video of Grace – she definitely does look different, but I’m hesitant to say outright that her face itself looks worse. I don’t think her teeth look great – I think they’ve done a bad job of those – and I don’t like her washed-out makeup or eyebrows. Her hair is also darker. But the main difference between how she looks in that video and how she used to look (in her face rather than her outfit) is fat gain. That has been one of the biggest changes in her appearance, other than styling.

Her eyes look smaller and more hooded, her cheeks look plumper, her face looks rounder and wider, and that’s just what happens when you put weight on. We are making progress with accepting fat bodies, but I still think we have a way to go with accepting any whiff of fatness in women’s faces. It's still completely socially acceptable to dog on hooded eyes and undefined jawlines, both of which are the reality of (even healthy) weight gain for most of us.

We’re not used to seeing weight gain in the face because the beauty standards right now are split between just generally being thin and between having a super sharp face but a slim body with big boobs and a big bum. We see influencers/celebs all the time with huge boobs and arses and super sharp jawlines and big eyes with lots of lid space (like Doja Cat), but it's not realistic for most of us.

I wanted to get thicker and did, but surprise! I put fat on in my face. My eyes looked smaller, my face wider, and my jawline less defined. I pathologized it because I felt that I should be able to have a thick body and a super defined face. As much as I dislike Grace, I don’t want to think of this this change as her getting uglier. I think it’s important that we see this as a natural part of weight gain and not a sign of concerning, inexplicable change and ugliness, especially if we want to break down unfair beauty standards & fatphobia. IMO, it's concerning that beauty standards now require a set of traits that are nearly impossible to achieve simultaneously, naturally.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
It’s on the TALA Instagram page.

The size of the blazer she is wearing is kinda comical. It’s huge and doesn’t fit her at all, it’s kinda like when your mum buys you a giant blazer for school when you’re 11 because you’ll “grow into it” haha. One of my petty gripes is when filthy rich people dress badly or wear ill-fitting clothes. Sorry but when you can afford to get everything tailored, I can’t understand how you end up in such a baggy blazer 😭
Tfw when you can look white when it suits you xx

She looks 45 here
She looks like her mum ?? Tf she looks so old

Reactions: 5
She looks 45 here
she is 100% going to be one of those people who gets surgery/procedures like botox etc at too early an age and just end up looking way older than they actually are

Sorry but in what world is a partial refund for DAMAGED goods okay??? Even if it’s something you can fix yourself it’s just not on...
exactly! I would be wanting AT LEAST a full refund

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.