Grace Beverley #13 Double whammy nuanced Grace, freeloading through life with shiny face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is so disappointing, and difficult to understand! Surely the most boss babe capitalist move would be to buy in stock based on customer demand? The only reason I can think is that she doesn't want a high proportion of plus size customers in the tagged photos of the tala Instagram (since she can't select the specific "acceptable" plus size shape like with the photo shoot models and bigger bodies generally make poor cuts/fabric choices more obvious)

Either that or she just doesn't want too many fat people in her clothes 🤷🏽‍♀️.

Pretty gross imo
Or maybe they didn't actually have that many purchases of that size in previous collections?

Reactions: 7
Is it coincidental that a website dedicated for brides sells the exact same pyjama, the only difference being the button colours are white and are not matching the fabric colours like Talal and Grace has this slipped in this post encouraging using it for bridesmaids...
The other point to add is the sizing options.
XL is equal to a 14 according to Plum Pretty Sugar.
I'm gonna assume this is the exact same pyjama so sizing should be the same.
On Talals website they have used a model that generally wears a 16/18 in a XL which means they have given her a size smaller than her usual choice.
I for one think that a tight plastic pyjama ain't my vibe and a bit of a loose fit will help the fabrics limited breathability. Why do they normalize an uncomfortable fit in order to be body inclusive?
Screenshot_20210304-220403_Instagram.jpg
20210304_215905.jpg
20210304_215847.jpg

Already so many people are so happy with their scrunchies. Jeepers that was quick. 🙄 sooo is this an unintended glitch and an issue they are extremely happy to look past. 🤣
20210304_223554.jpg
20210304_223543.jpg

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
The other point to add is the sizing options.
XL is equal to a 14 according to Plum Pretty Sugar.
I'm gonna assume this is the exact same pyjama so sizing should be the same.
On Talals website they have used a model that generally wears a 16/18 in a XL which means they have given her a size smaller than her usual choice.
I for one think that a tight plastic pyjama ain't my vibe and a bit of a loose fit will help the fabrics limited breathability. Why do they normalize an uncomfortable fit in order to be body inclusive?
I think the thing that annoys me most about this is that on her stupid QVC, she kept going on and on about sizing up if you want an oversized look, but this is only possible if you’re smaller than a size 14... that poor model doesn’t even get pyjamas that fit her normally, never mind for an oversized look. It’s just so not inclusive and it pisses me off that she uses inclusivity as one of the main selling points!!

Reactions: 39
Honestly their sizing is one of the reasons I completely went off Tala (yes I used to buy their stuff ahaha I was a big fan don't come for me)

I'm a UK 10 for trousers/leggings and when I bought their size medium they'd be super tight and uncomfortable on me. I wrote a review about this and they replied telling me to check their sizing chart next time I purchased - even though their size chart clearly states that size medium is a 10-12. So if someone who's usually a 10 is thinking that a size large might actually fit them better, it doesn't bode well for any plus size people trying to purchase items

(Also side note I hate it when companies encourage sizing up? Maybe just make your clothes the right size in the first place??)

Reactions: 50
Honestly their sizing is one of the reasons I completely went off Tala (yes I used to buy their stuff ahaha I was a big fan don't come for me)

I'm a UK 10 for trousers/leggings and when I bought their size medium they'd be super tight and uncomfortable on me. I wrote a review about this and they replied telling me to check their sizing chart next time I purchased - even though their size chart clearly states that size medium is a 10-12. So if someone who's usually a 10 is thinking that a size large might actually fit them better, it doesn't bode well for any plus size people trying to purchase items

(Also side note I hate it when companies encourage sizing up? Maybe just make your clothes the right size in the first place??)
This was exactly the same for me!! I’m a size 8-10 bottoms and normally around 10-12 top. I know I have a wider back than a ‘normal’ size 10 through training yet I ended up needing a size large in tops especially, and that was still skin tight and could’ve gone up to XL. This was the first thing that really put me off TALA, it was supposed to be ‘activewear’ yet had no consideration for people who do train and the fact that anyone bigger than me would have really struggled yet they were branding themselves as inclusive was laughable.

Also... it’s the carpet stain for me 🤮

Attachments

• Sick
Reactions: 20
Really odd that they only do up to a size 14 when Grace said in the QVC today that she herself is a size 12 in bottoms. If she puts on couple of pounds she won't be able to wear her own clothes? Size 14-16 is the average for a woman in the UK so when companies aren't catering to those sizes it's just bad business.

Reactions: 30

Yel

So if grace takes her own advice to size up she's an XL? And she couldn't buy it anyway as there were only 13 available to buy. Wow, I had no idea the sizing was that bad

Just over 1/3rd of the stock seems to have sold, apart from the XL that's oos.
Screenshot_20210304-220425_Instagram.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
i don't know if it's been mentioned but it's such a bloody cop out using (what looks like) a filter that auto-adds CCs to the stories, which then doesn't always caption correctly!! :mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 12

Literally same!!!
I brought a pair of the original zinnier leggings when they first came out. You can normally presume and especially with the heavy marketing focus on the leggings being super stretchy. According to tala I should be a size XS and I even decided to buy a small and they were so tight and uncomfortable. How can someone who is a size 6 struggle to fit into something made for 8-10 in sports wear?

• Wow
Reactions: 19
Literally same!!!
I brought a pair of the original zinnier leggings when they first came out. You can normally presume and especially with the heavy marketing focus on the leggings being super stretchy. According to tala I should be a size XS and I even decided to buy a small and they were so tight and uncomfortable. How can someone who is a size 6 struggle to fit into something made for 8-10 in sports wear?
So glad other people had the same experience!! Being excited for new gym clothes to arrive then trying them on and not being able to fit into the size above what you normally wear is a bit of a demoralising experience. Especially on top of the steady stream of Tala groupies gushing about how perfectly the clothes fit them

• Heart
Reactions: 22
This is very random but I've not been on this thread in a very long time... What the hell has happened to graces teeth? Has she got dentures or something because it looks like she's constantly trying to keep them in her mouth

• Haha
This is very random but I've not been on this thread in a very long time... What the hell has happened to graces teeth? Has she got dentures or something because it looks like she's constantly trying to keep them in her mouth
She got Invisalign to straighten them and bonding to make them all the same length and fix chips on her teeth 😂
Maybe it might be an idea to put this in the wiki if anyone knows how, with a before/after picture of her teeth? Just because a lot of people seem to ask about it

Reactions: 9
i don't know if it's been mentioned but it's such a bloody cop out using (what looks like) a filter that auto-adds CCs to the stories, which then doesn't always caption correctly!! :mad:
They’re more accurate than grace’s manual captions tbf 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 13
she got piano keys shoved in her gob

• Haha
Surely there's no way they can say they're not fast fashion after this ASOS partnership. Surely.....

Reactions: 62
Tala is being launched through ASOS. Interesting
LOL are you actually kidding me. ASOS is one the largest fast fashions brands in the UK - they should be everything that TALA stands against... and they're partnering with them?! Probably giving them a cut of their profits?

There is absolutely no way way of justifying this. They will claim they want to give consumers a 'sustainable option' while shopping via a fast fashion outlet and say the same bullshit about how they need to make sustainable options more accessible. B u l l s h i t. How can a supposedly ethical company allow their products to be sold by a company where 98% of their warehouse workers feel unsafe because the conditions are so overcrowded? A company that most definitely throws away "returns" instead of puts them back in stock, a practice TALA has condemned?

I really hope Aja Barber catches wind of this, she criticises ASOS a lot and I know she follows Grace and TALA. Expose them for the greenwashing company they've been all along.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Advertised at £30.00 GBP (£2 CHEAPER THAN solasta bras on the TALA WEBSITE) and ASOS has much better shipping options??
Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 12.56.18.png
Screenshot 2021-03-05 at 12.56.23.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Lol at ‘part of our responsible edit’. Must be an ASOS campaign to try and pretend they’re not as bad. Good pr to sell a few ‘sustainable’ brands etc.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.