Grace Beverley #13 Double whammy nuanced Grace, freeloading through life with shiny face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How have they only inspected the stock the day before launch? Or maybe that’s how disorganized they are and how late they receive stock prior to launch

Reactions: 41
How have they only inspected the stock the day before launch? Or maybe that’s how disorganized they are and how late they receive stock prior to launch
Ah yes, and imagine if they sent it all out without checking and loads of people got faulty products haha! Oh wait... that’d just be a normal day at TalaHQ

• Haha
Reactions: 31
My thoughts exactly! Terrible business decisions being admitted to in that awful, OTT self-pitying announcement from Tala. I had to laugh 😆

Reactions: 14
I really hope they get some heat for this. Receiving stock SO close to the launch (which explains their usual quality control failures) that’s all damaged and probably going to be binned is just not acceptable

Reactions: 21
I really hope they get some heat for this. Receiving stock SO close to the launch (which explains their usual quality control failures) that’s all damaged and probably going to be binned is just not acceptable
i hope people start calling her out over what will happen to this damaged stock

Reactions: 12
I can’t even understand how so much stock could be damaged so badly in transport. Surely all the pieces will be individually packaged ready for shipping already and In box boxes just in a transport lorry? What could possibly have happened that it’s completely beyond even depop selling? What has someone gone in and just burned entire boxes or just specifically the tops 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 17
Which factory is responsible for the pyjamas? The one in Portugal or China?

I wonder if Grace does in fact read tattle.
She has been sharing videos that show her skin more often than not.
Even though she is emotional about the cash, I guess it did feel like she brought a bit of realness across in her stories. Something similar to the vlogs she use to do.
Also appreciated her honesty about not knowing the next step until figuring out what happened and move from there to make rational decisions in line with their values.
(Although it could have also been her way of foretelling that stock will be thrown out fast and cheap to save on cash, and then also getting out of the promise to save any and all stock from going to landfill..hmmm..)
Those pyjamas look so flammable. Imagine chilling with your pj's and lighting a candle to relax with for the evening and boom, the pyjamas are melted on top of a 3rd degree burn.

Does anyone have experience with product recalls? I'd love to hear about it to learn more.

So if Grace is reading: next step, girl, is getting strict on your staff to execute things to a higher standard.
Change takes time, one step at a time is understandable.
I'm sure a lot of people can agree that change for the better is more valuable than no change at all.

They are seriously lacking internal controls.
When are they getting a qualified and experienced chartered accountant or legal business consultant to look at their business structure.
I'm not even qualified at auditing but I know enough to tweak the main issues. I'd offer to help for free at this point.

Reactions: 22
Everywhere I go this girl has to follow me smh!! Just trying to get into a potential uni gc and look who comes up 🤡🤡🤡
Ahhh the lazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzy student, I really hope she does her ‘why grace beverley deserves to be rich’ or whatever nonsense it was video soon

• Haha
Product recalls can be done either through the company themselves recognising there is a problem and recalling it - usually in the event of an undisclosed allergy or something good related. Otherwise companies can be forced to do product recalls for safety reasons by trading standards - if they have to get involved it is a very long and boring process (I used to work there that’s how I know these things)
I don’t understand how product recalls would work for pjs though

Reactions: 5
I feel it was nice to see Grace’s honesty and vulnerability in those stories, but my god was she incoherent. I was listening whilst reading the captions and it was rough. I know she wanted to come on to say something herself, but it might have been good for her to have made notes on what she wanted to say so it didn’t come across so messy?

Reactions: 9
her instagram story on this "tragedy" has said literally nothing.

ill transcribe it for people who don't want to or can't watch cause they've been blocked:

"thank you for all the love, one thing I wanted to quickly say, I've got a lot of questions about damaged stock and what happens to it. um, obviously rest assured the is a huge priority to us to get right. because I mean on top of everything um its incredibly expensive to buy yarn. we want to you know, these products are made, they've been made, they've spent time being made, and um and its heartbreaking to think that they can't do what they were meant to do, and the process is long so it involves obviously many different parties, that needs to be, you know that needs to workout what happened, and then what happens as a result of that, and it is a long process, it's not something where we can say 'ok lets stick this up on depop' whatever it might be, but our top priority is ensuring that nothing goes to landfill, um so yeah on top of everything its a very lengthy process at this stage and nothing can be said as to definitively what happens but we know that first things first, we work out what happened and then we go from there.

um and yeah thank you for all the love, um tit happens.

I do think its important as well um to show that, although you'll see like flashy amazing like entrepreneur and like brands doing really well too, and if you run a business you know how much these thing affect everyone and also affect you know projections, you've got finances, you've got cash flow, you've got everything, and its all of these things, all of these things are a reality of running a business and being in this world and you know you've had 20 problems like this thrown at you every day and then its the big ones that come along and its like fucks sake, they're just so just you just kind of sit and you just stare at the message that told you it happened and you're like, surely not, like and it, when I say it rains it pours, it always just comes a group at a time, but that's the reality"

then she makes a post that she loves her job and is the luckiest person ever in so many ways, but it needs to chill a bit.

how you gonna be the CEO and not know what happened to your stock??

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Yeah, admittedly I know nothing about the fashion industry but it seems bizarre to announce and set a launch date (a few days before you intend to launch) before your product has even arrived in the UK from wherever it was made. Or if it has arrived, verifying you have the stock and all is fine and dandy before announcing.

Don't forget Turkey and Morocco! Or perhaps yet another undisclosed factory location? The possibilities are endless!

ill transcribe it for people who don't want to or can't watch cause they've been blocked:

"thank you for all the love, one thing I wanted to quickly say, I've got a lot of questions about damaged stock and what happens to it. um, obviously rest assured the is a huge priority to us to get right. because I mean on top of everything um its incredibly expensive to buy yarn. we want to you know, these products are made, they've been made, they've spent time being made, and um and its heartbreaking to think that they can't do what they were meant to do, and the process is long so it involves obviously many different parties, that needs to be, you know that needs to workout what happened, and then what happens as a result of that, and it is a long process, it's not something where we can say 'ok lets stick this up on depop' whatever it might be, but our top priority is ensuring that nothing goes to landfill, um so yeah on top of everything its a very lengthy process at this stage and nothing can be said as to definitively what happens but we know that first things first, we work out what happened and then we go from there.

I do think its important as well um to show that, although you'll see like flashy amazing like entrepreneur and like brands doing really well too, and if you run a business you know how much these thing affect everyone and also affect you know projections, you've got finances, you've got cash flow, you've got everything, and its all of these things, all of these things are a reality of running a business and being in this world and you know you've had 20 problems like this thrown at you every day and then its the big ones that come along and its like fucks sake, they're just so just you just kind of sit and you just stare at the message that told you it happened and you're like, surely not, like and it, when I say it rains it pours, it always just comes a group at a time, but that's the reality"

then she makes a post that she loves her job and is the luckiest person ever in so many ways, but it needs to chill a bit.

This literally sounds like a transcription of a Donald trump speech

• Haha
Reactions: 46

I wonder if Grace does in fact read tattle.
She has been sharing videos that show her skin more often than not.
Even though she is emotional about the cash, I guess it did feel like she brought a bit of realness across in her stories. Something similar to the vlogs she use to do.
Also appreciated her honesty about not knowing the next step until figuring out what happened and move from there to make rational decisions in line with their values.
(Although it could have also been her way of foretelling that stock will be thrown out fast and cheap to save on cash, and then also getting out of the promise to save any and all stock from going to landfill..hmmm..)
Those pyjamas look so flammable. Imagine chilling with your pj's and lighting a candle to relax with for the evening and boom, the pyjamas are melted on top of a 3rd degree burn.

Does anyone have experience with product recalls? I'd love to hear about it to learn more.

So if Grace is reading: next step, girl, is getting strict on your staff to execute things to a higher standard.
Change takes time, one step at a time is understandable.
I'm sure a lot of people can agree that change for the better is more valuable than no change at all.

They are seriously lacking internal controls.
When are they getting a qualified and experienced chartered accountant or legal business consultant to look at their business structure.
I'm not even qualified at auditing but I know enough to tweak the main issues. I'd offer to help for free at this point.
Agree!! It does seem like she’s been reading here. someone complained about how she uses subtitling on her stories incorrectly & uses it to add notes to what she’s been saying rather than what she actually said. But she’s now using some sort of live captioning thing that writes everything she says as she says it, and adds any comments in with the regular Instagram story text feature.

Maybe I’m feeling soft as I was watching her old videos the other day, but if she’s trying genuinely to change, then that’s great. That being said I heard she is still blocking people that like critical stuff so 🤷‍♀️

She needs to start doing the whole slow fashion thing and actually bring out fewer, but high-quality ranges etc..

I do still think she has been so so harmful and fucked up in her business pursuits and I’m not diminishing her accountability in this. However, I can’t help but think of the big businesspeople that would have taken a cut of her businesses’ earnings before they started to falter, jumped ship, avoided criticism, and will rinse and repeat with another influencer whilst Grace takes all the heat for the exploitative, unethical business practices. I think it would be interesting to see if Grace’s ex business partners get involved in dodgy stuff with other inexperienced women influencers in the future.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
At least they'll have plenty more offcuts to turn into groundbreaking scrunchies now 🥰🥰🥰

Also, this isn't just something that happens to every business, this is a direct consequence of repeatedly cutting corners, and choosing to spend business profits on sending staff to party in Dubai rather than complete quality checks on suppliers and factories. Hopefully this is a wake up call for her!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
I feel it was nice to see Grace’s honesty and vulnerability in those stories, but my god was she incoherent. I was listening whilst reading the captions and it was rough. I know she wanted to come on to say something herself, but it might have been good for her to have made notes on what she wanted to say so it didn’t come across so messy?
"honesty and vulnerability" she is just upset she has probably lost money. nothing honest about that, she is not upset her fans won't get their awful pjs from her Chinese factory

Agree!! It does seem like she’s been reading here. someone complained about how she uses subtitling on her stories incorrectly & uses it to add notes to what she’s been saying rather than what she actually said. But she’s now using some sort of live captioning thing that writes everything she says as she says it, and adds any comments in with the regular Instagram story text feature.

Maybe I’m feeling soft as I was watching her old videos the other day, but if she’s trying genuinely to change, then that’s great. That being said I heard she is still blocking people that like critical stuff so 🤷‍♀️

She needs to start doing the whole slow fashion thing and actually bring out fewer, but high-quality ranges etc..

I do still think she has been so so harmful and fucked up in her business pursuits and I’m not diminishing her accountability in this. However, I can’t help but think of the big businesspeople that would have taken a cut of her businesses’ earnings before they started to falter, jumped ship, avoided criticism, and will rinse and repeat with another influencer whilst Grace takes all the heat for the exploitative, unethical business practices. I think it would be interesting to see if Grace’s ex business partners get involved in dodgy stuff with other inexperienced women influencers in the future.
but she SHOULD be the one held accountable, she has claimed constantly that she has made her own business, not used anyone else to help her, been in control over everything etc etc. you cannot have your cake and eat it

• Heart
Reactions: 28
but she SHOULD be the one held accountable, she has claimed constantly that she has made her own business, not used anyone else to help her, been in control over everything etc etc. you cannot have your cake and eat it
100% agree! inexperience is not an excuse to do a million stories arguing that her micro-influencer payment scheme was fair, or for at the very least being complicit in critically underpaying her garment workers & paying her TALA employees improperly, overworking them, or releasing a line of terrible-quality clothes and blocking customers and charging them outrageously. Doesn’t excuse her taking a platform that she didn’t deserve, either, or contributing to this idea that rich kids’ success has nothing to do with their opportunity. Or bringing beauty standards into fitness and disguising it as wellness

I just hate the idea of anyone that was involved in this being able to continue to profit silently from it, avoid accountability (including grace! - I have been a critic of her for a long long long time haha), and then do it all over again

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19

She's got a real skill for using an overwhelming number of words to say absolutely nothing.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Saw onoene using this app for captions earlier today, this is the second time I’ve noticed grace doing something straight after Oenone does, could be coincidence as I bet loads of people use a caption app.
Is she wearing eyeshadow or does she have bad exczma (sorry can’t spell) above her eyes?

also this made me laugh: “sorry we can’t bring you the pyjama collection that you deserve”
BC434EBB-CA51-45A6-AF3E-EDD3BC192F50.png

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.