Grace Beverley #13 Double whammy nuanced Grace, freeloading through life with shiny face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I find it bleeping hilarious that tala’s first two highlights are “sustainability” and “slow down” and now they’re partnering with ASOS .... do you have any integrity ?????? what a joke

Reactions: 50
LOL are you actually kidding me. ASOS is one the largest fast fashions brands in the UK - they should be everything that TALA stands against... and they're partnering with them?! Probably giving them a cut of their profits?

There is absolutely no way way of justifying this. They will claim they want to give consumers a 'sustainable option' while shopping via a fast fashion outlet and say the same bullshit about how they need to make sustainable options more accessible. B u l l s h i t. How can a supposedly ethical company allow their products to be sold by a company where 98% of their warehouse workers feel unsafe because the conditions are so overcrowded? A company that most definitely throws away "returns" instead of puts them back in stock, a practice TALA has condemned?

I really hope Aja Barber catches wind of this, she criticises ASOS a lot and I know she follows Grace and TALA. Expose them for the greenwashing company they've been all along.
Fast fashion aside, ASOS as a company is terrible. My cousin works at ASOS and has experienced and witnessed bullying, racism, micro aggressions. Their ethics are so terrible and they treated their staff horribly during lockdown. Only perk is 40% off full priced items though that’s standard staff perks for most places. They spent a few millions on a TV (yes a TV!) yet they can’t pay their staff and contractors a good wage 🙄🙄🙄 no doubt that greasy Bentley and asos are a fast fashion - terrible ethics match made in heaven

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I find it bleeping hilarious that tala’s first two highlights are “sustainability” and “slow down” and now they’re partnering with ASOS .... do you have any integrity ?????? what a joke
is anyone calling her out on this??

Reactions: 17
Remember when Flora called out H&M for their sustainability section, saying that it is greenwashing because it is not enough and bigger companies should be held accountable and to give smaller companies leeway. Weeellll I guess she'll make the same post about ASOS and their responsibility section to be fair in her big corporation judgements? Right?

Ahhh sh*t I guess not.

Reactions: 40
whoever buys it is an idiot, without her fan base who the hell would be buying anything?
It’ll be spun as a profitable business which she bas no role in (expect her to step down as CEO of both companies once the book’s sold). Will be interesting to see who buys!!

Reactions: 6

Yel

She'll talk about how amazing it is to be able to bring such green and sustainable clothes to the masses. :rolleyes:

It was no doubt always the plan from the start to end up partnering with the biggest fast fashion online shops.

When she sells the brand and makes a few million more there's no chance she'll go into social enterprises, it'll be another scammy product as that's all she has any interest in.

Reactions: 23
She'll talk about how amazing it is to be able to bring such green and sustainable clothes to the masses. :rolleyes:

It was no doubt always the plan from the start to end up partnering with the biggest fast fashion online shops.

When she sells the brand and makes a few million more there's no chance she'll go into social enterprises, it'll be another scammy product as that's all she has any interest in.
yeah really, how else will she make her dream of being a billionaire come true?

Reactions: 8
Just another way for them to sell stock they can’t do on their own. Partnerships like this are really cheap and easy way or reaching new audiences and brand exposure

Reactions: 18
How will Tala sell stock without the hype tactic?
I think this probably means the business is not really going well...only so many times you can mess up deliveries/run out of stock etc before people give up, there is no way she can be gaining new (real) fans

Reactions: 19
I'll be forever shocked by how she had all the odds stacked in her favour and she still failed. she's the daughter of a multi-millionaire family, had access to some of the best quality education in the world, from an educated family, went to Oxford, conventionally attractive and white, had agencies partnered with huge media outlets like the BBC backing her and covering her PR, never had to make ends meet, developed an audience that acted as a pre-existing customer base for her businesses...and she just fucked it, because she was greedy and lazy

What a wasted opportunity. Sure, she got wealthy, but TALA has not made a dent in the fashion industry, no matter how many gleam-funded articles and students in her comments say otherwise. Maybe she'll get richer selling the companies, but she still completely failed to make anything worthwhile with TALA & Shreddy

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
I’m honestly shocked that tala have a collection on ASOS - it goes against everything they stand for supposedly.... Ive already seen a comment I Talals page saying maybe it’s a different brand, well it’s not :( it seems like such a sell out move... asos are gonna have fun with alll the returns with the holey leggings. Also the colours / fabric look gross.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
I'll be forever shocked by how she had all the odds stacked in her favour and she still failed. she's the daughter of a multi-millionaire family, had access to some of the best quality education in the world, from an educated family, went to Oxford, conventionally attractive and white, had agencies partnered with huge media outlets like the BBC backing her and covering her PR, never had to make ends meet, developed an audience that acted as a pre-existing customer base for her businesses...and she just fucked it, because she was greedy and lazy

What a wasted opportunity. Sure, she got wealthy, but TALA has not made a dent in the fashion industry, no matter how many gleam-funded articles and students in her comments say otherwise. Maybe she'll get richer selling the companies, but she still completely failed to make anything worthwhile with TALA & Shreddy
yeah exactly, especially at a time when people generally are becoming more interested in the environment/not using fast fashion etc. she has based the whole company on her as a person which, imo, is a mistake

• Heart
Reactions: 16
And Asos allow reviews now. She won't have control over those!
I can't wait to see these reviews 👀 although I feel grace will try and scam the system somehow, like offering a ~game changing scrunchie~ to anyone who leaves a review. They must have done something to get the flood of suspicious 5 star reviews on trustpilot

Reactions: 20
Advertised at £30.00 GBP (£2 CHEAPER THAN solasta bras on the TALA WEBSITE) and ASOS has much better shipping options??
View attachment 468183View attachment 468184
Surely the returns etc will be better as well? I wouldn’t shop TALA at all but I can’t see why anyone would shop through their official site now. I also can’t see how they can continue to seriously think of themselves as a sustainable brand. Selling through one of the UK’s biggest fast fashion retailers, how disruptive of them!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.