Grace Beverley #13 Double whammy nuanced Grace, freeloading through life with shiny face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s pissing me off that clothing brands in general are treating photoshoots as essential work. In the first lockdown they were sending clothes to the models at home and they’d do creative pictures at home which worked fine - what’s so different about this (deadlier!) lockdown?

• Heart
Reactions: 52
It’s pissing me off that clothing brands in general are treating photoshoots as essential work. In the first lockdown they were sending clothes to the models at home and they’d do creative pictures at home which worked fine - what’s so different about this (deadlier!) lockdown?
the only differences are that people are sick of being sat in and finding any excuse to do anything even remotely engaging or exciting; and they’ve all seen that there’s no real (legal) consequences for breaking rules (or even this is “within the rules” their moral compasses are so fucked and self centred they don’t care) - obviously the potential consequences for spreading covid are huge but again see moral compass comment, these people do not care about anyone but themselves 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 24
I remember reading before that Tala doesn’t have waste bins, only compost bins or something like that. Yet her fridge is full of plastic and single use items? Hmmmm

• Wow
Reactions: 20
Of course her essential work photoshoot, which entailed getting her hair and makeup done, fell on the same day as her housemate’s birthday.

It’s fascinating how influencers continue to find “work-related” ways to get their hair and makeup done, coincidentally in time for special events (however small), while the pandemic is so bad that rest of us haven’t been able to visit our parents for months.

Reactions: 46
Oo do we have that calendar photo she shared some time back to see what was in her diary for yesterday 😂

Reactions: 2
All, thanks for the reports.

As previously said it's against the rules to promote / mention call out accounts that target someone. It gets messy with people promoting their own account and on other threads people have gone to the high court and facebook / instagram have released the details of the person behind them.

It's for everyone's benefit the keep it on tattle rule. We've got a wiki to store anything important.

Reactions: 6
1613047598406.png

Does anyone else think Grace is buying more followers than usual? She used to lose around 200 a day, & at the end of last month it was closer to 300 (probably due to the viral tweet) - but all of a sudden the average daily loss has dropped.

I just don't buy that she's losing less than 100 real followers on average a day after everything that's happened.

Reactions: 12
View attachment 430552

Does anyone else think Grace is buying more followers than usual? She used to lose around 200 a day, & at the end of last month it was closer to 300 (probably due to the viral tweet) - but all of a sudden the average daily loss has dropped.

I just don't buy that she's losing less than 100 real followers on average a day after everything that's happened.
I feel like her content has been weak the last couple of weeks so perhaps people have just forgotten about her, lol.

Reactions: 11
I was wondering why I hadn’t seen her stories and I just realised I got blocked for this msg after the viral tweet fiasco... I hope she at least read it
(I think the family net worth is less than I said but the principle still applies lol)

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I was wondering why I hadn’t seen her stories and I just realised I got blocked for this msg after the viral tweet fiasco... I hope she at least read it
(I think the family net worth is less than I said but the principle still applies lol)
damn that was an excellent message. she was mad because she hates the truth 🙄

Reactions: 18
To my shame I bought tala in the past. But literally everyone I know that also bought into grace and hashtag sustainability all now think she's a crap bag and wouldn't touch her stuff again. I think she peaked quite a while ago when she bought the house and kitted it out with brand-new $hite with f3ck all to do with sustainability. She blocked me and the only thing I did is like a comment that said saying you acknowledge your privilege doesn't cut it. That wasn't trolling!

Reactions: 29

Watch out Grace

“Global market regulators have thrown their weight behind plans for a new international standards body for company disclosures on climate risks and sustainability, saying it would cut the scope for so-called greenwashing.”

Reactions: 26
To my shame I bought tala in the past. But literally everyone I know that also bought into grace and hashtag sustainability all now think she's a crap bag and wouldn't touch her stuff again. I think she peaked quite a while ago when she bought the house and kitted it out with brand-new $hite with f3ck all to do with sustainability. She blocked me and the only thing I did is like a comment that said saying you acknowledge your privilege doesn't cut it. That wasn't trolling!
No shame - I remember considering it when it came out, plus I'm pretty sure most of us at least own/ed a GraceFitUK band. We are all ex fans!

She's quite block-happy and IMO it's more than just confusing criticism with trolling. If anyone shows any sign of being able to/willing to identify faults in her actions, she blocks them. I think she doesn't want anyone that engages critically with her content to be able to access it - this way, it's harder for people to get & share receipts and catch her out.

It's why she deleted her Twitter account & also why she posts her 'apologies' in long, multiple-part, temporary IG stories - makes it harder to pin her down as having said XYZ. Her message being split into several bits makes it harder to share (that's why she avoided subtitling her stories - makes screenshots useless - presumably until accusations of ableism piled up).

A big thing with the stories is the lack of a visible comments section. It doesn't scream silencing like turning off comments on a post does, but it still stops people from having a space to post receipts and publicly, visibly criticise her. And I think a lot of people feel 'extra' commenting on an issue like this until someone else brings it up. I think the viral tweet had a big element of that - people felt like haters bringing it up independently, but once they had an opening to discuss it (that doesn't carry the bitchy connotations of a gossip site/an anonymous account), they did.

It must take a lot of effort to block all these people. Maybe Gleam are doing it for her, because I honestly don't get how she has the time.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Not one for mocking individuals who spell incorrectly but for a business “disrupting the industry” it would probably be worth disrupting the pages of a dictionary.
Already fixed lol

Is silk considered vegan?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.