Grace Beverley #13 Double whammy nuanced Grace, freeloading through life with shiny face

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Noticed that after being called out for not having disabled models, Tala have now used a model with downs syndrome. She's gorgeous, and I'm glad they've hired her, but I can't help but wonder if they would've hired her if they hadn't been called out

Reactions: 51
Noticed that after being called out for not having disabled models, Tala have now used a model with downs syndrome. She's gorgeous, and I'm glad they've hired her, but I can't help but wonder if they would've hired her if they hadn't been called out
Indeed, so glad they’ve hired her and she’s great but agree with what you said and it feels like virtue signalling to me - also are their products suitable for someone with a disability? Genuine question, I’m not sure.

Reactions: 19
Indeed, so glad they’ve hired her and she’s great but agree with what you said and it feels like virtue signalling to me - also are their products suitable for someone with a disability? Genuine question, I’m not sure.
their products seem to be such bad quality i would argue they are probably not suitable for anyone

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Fashionfolklore mentioned this on her insta story a few days ago. She said that people with down syndrome often have issues with motor skills so the buttons on the tala pj shirts would likely be unsuitable. It's not something I thought of personally so I'm glad she mentioned it and specifically called out tala

Actually have a look on Fashionfolkloreblog on instagram now, she's just had a bit of a rant about Tala and the asos fiasco in her latest stories!

Reactions: 33
Fashionfolklore mentioned this on her insta story a few days ago. She said that people with down syndrome often have issues with motor skills so the buttons on the tala pj shirts would likely be unsuitable. It's not something I thought of personally so I'm glad she mentioned it and specifically called out tala

Actually have a look on Fashionfolkloreblog on instagram now, she's just had a bit of a rant about Tala and the asos fiasco in her latest stories!
Cab someone post here to save the receipts & for those who don’t have IG anymore

Reactions: 6
Where is the post saying tala will be on ASOS? Can’t find it anywhere
It was a sneak peek on asos’ insta stories the other day and Grace put up a story like “can anyone guess our next move, some of you have already”

Reactions: 9
Completely right about them digging their own grave
I disagree. Yes, she will lose some of the original fanbase but Tala will be exposed to an entirely new audience who have never heard of Grace, her greenwashing and the poor quality products. She will finally get sales beyond her influencer sphere, increase revenue and allow her to exit for a hefty fee.

Reactions: 27
I disagree. Yes, she will lose some of the original fanbase but Tala will be exposed to an entirely new audience who have never heard of Grace, her greenwashing and the poor quality products. She will finally get sales beyond her influencer sphere, increase revenue and allow her to exit for a hefty fee.
I agree, in terms of making a load of money before the reputation dies completely, this is the best move she could've possibly made for Tala

Reactions: 16
Tala systematically destroy every one of their original promises and claims and do it with a smile. It's absolutely unthinkable that they still have such support and just goes to show who they target and the 'cult' like vibe that they procure. Any dissenters are silenced or attacked violently. Any free speech is faded into oblivion with the mute button. From all sustainable clothing, small quantities, made in Portugal with a fair wage. Now, made in China, "finished" elsewhere, huge quantities, flown around go knows where, partnering with some of the biggest fast fashion and unsustainable brands imaginable. Fans still heap praise upon them. It's total 'Animal Farm' vibes. "Wait, I thought Tala said they were sustainably made in Portugal?".. "No. It says China on the website (now)". I'm not sure if they ever claimed to be at a reasonable price, but the prices seem to be climbing higher and higher to see at what point they can get away with. From impressionable and easily led younger fans. The scarcity mindset they fester. I stopped following anything to do with them a long time ago, just come on here to catch up every week or so, as it was really mentally draining to see a company tit on everything they claim to be, twist and manipulate every situation and then get praise and win awards for it. There's no incentive to change, they're only going to get worse.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I can't wait to see what nonsense she comes out with today for international women's day 🤣 TO ALL THE BOSS BABES OUT THERE!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
God I hate how International Women’s Day has been latched onto by brands and turned into one big #AD. It’s just brands being like "hey boss babe kween! 💅 here’s a discount code for being such an independent woman", acting like buying their crappy product is some kind of feminist statement.

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Lol her rambling justifications of the TALA x ASOS collab have started on her stories. Anyone wanna take one for the team?

edit to add the justification from the TALA page, I don't have the energy to commit to listening to Grace just yet. But you can tell these were written by her anyway (take a shot every time 'disrupting' and 'game-changing' is mentioned). So they say they're "proud" to work with a brand where 98% of their warehouse workers feel unsafe - so game-changing and sticking to your ethics there, TALA! 🥰

Also, notice how they've made sure to put this in a story and not a feed post so people can't respond with any criticism.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
Lol her rambling justifications of the TALA x ASOS collab have started on her stories. Anyone wanna take one for the team?
Tried watching on silent with the captions but it didn’t make too much sense. I don’t think sound would have helped either 😆 Repeated a few key phrases about wanting to make sustainable and ethically made clothes ‘the norm’. It felt very much justification for a decision made for profit over ethics.

Reactions: 13
Not saying they are well written but they are better written than usual - must have been done by the PR firm lol

Reactions: 6
There are so many flaws in their justification that I just don't have the energy to reply to their stories with lol. Hoping that someone calls them out publicly about this

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Tried watching on silent with the captions but it didn’t make too much sense. I don’t think sound would have helped either 😆 Repeated a few key phrases about wanting to make sustainable and ethically made clothes ‘the norm’. It felt very much justification for a decision made for profit over ethics.
a lot of waffle saying 'erm' and 'you know'

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.