Grace Beverley #11 I’m a bestseller-to-be, don’t worry - always keep my roommates on cctv

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
more gaslighting from grace
It’s like when they marketed their protein pouches as refill, because when they’re empty you can put something else in (like literally most packaging of you want to 🥴)
I'm sorry but WHAT. Who reuses empty protein powder pouches and for what

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I’m relatively new to grace’s thread so apologies if this has been talked about before. Does anyone else remember a few months, maybe a year ago, grace talking about how she had got her dream job?? The way she spoke suggested it was outside of tala and Shreddy. I’m thinking maybe it was the book (so the job is author) but would anyone really describe writing a book as a ‘dream job’ ?? Idk if anyone knows what I’m talking about and knows what the job is id be interested to know! Thanks

Reactions: 14
I’m relatively new to grace’s thread so apologies if this has been talked about before. Does anyone else remember a few months, maybe a year ago, grace talking about how she had got her dream job?? The way she spoke suggested it was outside of tala and Shreddy. I’m thinking maybe it was the book (so the job is author) but would anyone really describe writing a book as a ‘dream job’ ?? Idk if anyone knows what I’m talking about and knows what the job is id be interested to know! Thanks
Yes, she talked about this on twitter but has literally never mentioned it since if I'm remembering correctly?

Reactions: 6
They’re clearly just capitalising on the jump rope craze after that Lauren Jumps video went viral 🙄 I can’t think of the last time I saw a cotton rope though, apart from in primary school playgrounds where they’d get all heavy and wet and fray through on the tarmac within a week. Unless they’re meant to be a purely indoor, mid-range, mid-performance, poorly thought-out crappy product (again).

@gracebeverley
I feel like I’ve lost brain cells listening to this dimwit attempting to justify her nonsense.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
She is such a fraud! It is infuriating. She has absolutely no business knowledge, everything has been done for her. I am sure the reason why she looks so awkward in videos/doesn't do many any more is because she's worried about catching herself out with all of the bullshit and faux-intelligence. And why she has to 'revise'!

As for this new skipping rope... it isn't even weighted or a speed skipping rope, it's just a string of cotton for £18? She's a joke. Does she have no other marketing tactics than saying THIS IS THE BEST EVER.

A bit late but does anyone think it's lame how she was calling her housemates her 'family'. They are completely new 'friends' if you can call them that. Is she that desperate for friends? I bet she is insufferable in day to day life! I am sure they just go on outings to take pictures together, spend hours getting ready for a walk and wear identical clothing. She is very delusional and I feel sorry for her.

Reactions: 19
She is such a fraud! It is infuriating. She has absolutely no business knowledge, everything has been done for her. I am sure the reason why she looks so awkward in videos/doesn't do many any more is because she's worried about catching herself out with all of the bullshit and faux-intelligence. And why she has to 'revise'!

As for this new skipping rope... it isn't even weighted or a speed skipping rope, it's just a string of cotton for £18? She's a joke. Does she have no other marketing tactics than saying THIS IS THE BEST EVER.

A bit late but does anyone think it's lame how she was calling her housemates her 'family'. They are completely new 'friends' if you can call them that. Is she that desperate for friends? I bet she is insufferable in day to day life! I am sure they just go on outings to take pictures together, spend hours getting ready for a walk and wear identical clothing. She is very delusional and I feel sorry for her.
I bet they wish that had stayed with family or something rather than have to act as her unpaid assistants and paying her for the priviledge

Reactions: 4

Another bad day on twitter for grace
I 100% agree, I think she is in for a bit of a negative storm when her book launches. There'll be the initial press PR buzz, followed by a lot of backlash on Twitter (a bit like how Zoella's Girl Online went down, but the criticism will be about the centering of yet another privileged voice instead of ghostwriting). Stories about young rich entrepreneurs who were born into wealth and were destined to be successful from the outset are really tired now - those kind of books did well ~10 years ago but people are jaded to this kind of content now.

I think Grace has convinced herself that she is different and unique compared to the other books in this genre, but the critics of the book won't be reading her long rambling size 8 font Instagram stories. They'll see the book at face value for what it is - a white 23 year old rich girl who has only just begun her career, who is now written an authoritative guide on how to be productive/successful. It'll be eye-roll inducing to most people outside of her fanbase.

Reactions: 45
If I wore one of Tala’s sports bras (even without side boob detailing) and a used a skipping rope, I would give myself concussion. The combo somehow being ‘unfit for purpose’ comes to mind 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Is she actually having a laugh... £18 for a skipping rope made from COTTON sorry but anyone who has enough money to burn on that shite deserves for it to break within a week 🤣 I got a men’s health speed rope made from pvc covered with steel for £8 in Argos, I suppose I’m not cool enough to put ✨ aesthetic ✨ ahead of common sense and efficiency though 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I'm really hoping the book gets put online soon after it's released, I am intrigued to see if it's been made readable by her editor.

Reactions: 5
Wonder what ‘WHHW reading list’ is. WHHW obvs stands for her book title. But why a reading list?

Another bad day on twitter for grace

Director saz strikes again
Moya wrote an article (I think for Gal Dem) discussing a trend where young women are pushed forward by management & publishing houses as the face and brain of an issue (like feminism) and then, as very young people are wont to do, blinded by constant validation and assurances that they're always right, eventually duck up in some way, shape or form and end up on the receiving end of floods of criticism. She said that they are predominately white, thin and straight because this is easier for the management/publishing houses to sell. She also said that it's to be expected that any discussions of social issues pushed by agencies in this way will be diluted and made accessible and less radical, as that's usually necessary for discussion of the issues to become mainstream and therefore profitable for the agencies.

The crux of it was that it's not fair to expect so much from these young women and that rather than being surprised and outraged when they duck up, we should be asking why management/publishing houses are putting them in these positions in the first place, and engaging more critically with these girls & agencies ourselves. (OFC, publishing houses do do this in an attempt to gain popularity & business in/from in the new generation of readers.)

However, I think Grace is on a different level to the standard 'face of (issue)' young woman she's talking about, because Grace actively and knowingly contributes to the exploitation of her workers, content creators, and customers. At this point, Grace is more than just a naive young person that thinks she knows everything and is delighted to be platformed to give her two cents. She needs to be held accountable, because it's not just about her/whether it's fair to treat her a certain way, it's about the people she is exploiting. Florence Given, as bad as she was, AFAIK isn't employing people in China to work in dismal standards whilst earning vast amounts of wealth for being an 'ethical' businesswoman. Florence Given didn't rope her late-teenage content creators into making days' worth of free content for her for her own profit and then threaten to sue them, with her dad and a few companies behind her, when they voiced their complaints. And the 'PR surrounding Grace Beverley' isn't out of Grace's hands - Grace has very much been at the heart of that for years, she has been the one forwarding the message that she's middle-working class and self-made. But then we can't say that Grace wasn't encouraged to do this by whichever publisher it was/Gleam.

I really don't want Grace to be able to get away with it as I think it's important to understand that Grace is responsible for her actions. The notion that it's excusable to exploit multiple people continuously because you were "growing" is wrong and unfair, IMO. That being said, I'm in Grace's age bracket and maybe would be horrified that I said this in five years' time. Moya is right to identify that companies like Gleam should be questioned more in this conversation - thinking about opening a 'Gleam' thread here if there isn't one already! /Cliff over

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Moya wrote an article (I think for Gal Dem) discussing a trend where young women are pushed forward by management & publishing houses as the face and brain of an issue (like feminism) and then, as very young people are wont to do, blinded by constant validation and assurances that they're always right, eventually duck up in some way, shape or form and end up on the receiving end of floods of criticism. She said that they are predominately white, thin and straight because this is easier for the management/publishing houses to sell. She also said that it's to be expected that any discussions of social issues pushed by agencies in this way will be diluted and made accessible and less radical, as that's usually necessary for discussion of the issues to become mainstream and therefore profitable for the agencies.

The crux of it was that it's not fair to expect so much from these young women and that rather than being surprised and outraged when they duck up, we should be asking why management/publishing houses are putting them in these positions in the first place, and engaging more critically with these girls & agencies ourselves. (OFC, publishing houses do do this in an attempt to gain popularity & business in/from in the new generation of readers.)

However, I think Grace is on a different level to the standard 'face of (issue)' young woman she's talking about, because Grace actively and knowingly contributes to the exploitation of her workers, content creators, and customers. At this point, Grace is more than just a naive young person that thinks she knows everything and is delighted to be platformed to give her two cents. She needs to be held accountable, because it's not just about her/whether it's fair to treat her a certain way, it's about the people she is exploiting. Florence Given, as bad as she was, AFAIK isn't potentially employing people in China to work in dismal standards whilst earning vast amounts of wealth for being an 'ethical' businesswoman. Florence Given didn't rope her late-teenage content creators into making days' worth of free content for her for her own profit and then threaten to sue them, with her dad and a few companies behind her, when they voiced their complaints. And the 'PR surrounding Grace Beverley' isn't out of Grace's hands - Grace has very much been at the heart of that for years, she has been the one forwarding the message that she's middle-working class and self-made. But then we can't say that Grace wasn't encouraged to do this by whichever publisher it was/Gleam.

I really don't want Grace to be able to get away with it as I think it's important to understand that Grace is responsible for her actions. The notion that it's excusable to exploit multiple people continuously because you were "growing" is wrong and unfair, IMO. That being said, I'm in Grace's age bracket and maybe would be horrified that I said this in five years' time. Moya is right to identify that companies like Gleam should be questioned more in this conversation - thinking about opening a 'Gleam' thread here if there isn't one already! /Cliff over
I agree, I think the difference with changing your opinion like you say, is that you probably never claimed to be an expert at something you had little experience in then changed your opinion a few years later. The issue is Grace just has a level of narcissism, which I see often in white, rich, private school people, who just believe they are some kind of genuis

Reactions: 12
Look mate, understand what you’re saying here, hence why I’ve never come on and said oh shes ugly/fat. That would being insulting her looks, but saying someone looks dirty or greasy, when they post selfies where their face seems to be covered in olive oil isn’t actually insulting their appearance, its saying they look unhygienic.
Honestly think this thread is very tame compared to others ... people are RUTHLESS on this website LOL
I remember someone said she had a piggy nose and some people died over it lol it’s not that deep, you’re on an anonymous tattle website, it’s not like grace listens to ANY of the constructive criticism we point out (which is the majority of what this thread entails), when it comes like that I couldn’t care less about someone making fun out of someone’s looks when they’re out here being a hypocrite whilst exploiting and lying to people, she’s got so many bad traits that has been pointed out I couldn’t care less about people pointing out she needs an acne cream lol

Reactions: 12
That skipping rope for £18 is an absolute joke!!!! I do crossfit where we use actually adjustable ropes (you know, can go back and forwards on length unlimited times) and you can buy them for £8. Made of steel aswell. I can't stand her lol

• Heart
Reactions: 22
I just find it funny at this point that a CEO of an activewear and gym products/guides business uses F45 classes, GVT, and now a gifted e-bike alongside gifted activewear. Girl at least pretend you use your own app

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.