Grace Beverley #11 I’m a bestseller-to-be, don’t worry - always keep my roommates on cctv

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
LMAO her replies just make me laugh

“GRACE PAID FOR OXFORD AND MADE THIS COMPANY FROM THE GROUND UP!” girl get your head out of grace’s ass!

edit: also, grace has no idea how to be a business woman. she took one online class and had her companies handed to her. she fights with people in comments and blocks any criticism. she’s NOT a business woman, megan.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Tbh it bothers me a bit people saying her parents bought her company for her, because technically they did not, and if Grace acknowledges the criticism she will cling onto that technicality. When the real point is she was born into so much wealth and privilege it had a domino effect that meant she ended up in a position, unlike those without that wealth and privilege, that enabled her to comfortably take risks and launch her own companies.
🤮
but there was also no real risk on her part tbh!
she started off selling ebooks and did well...

the bands came through genflow because of her big following (from the ebooks)
genflow's model is tried and tested so failure was never really an option because she'd proven that she has an army of people that will buy whatever she thrusts their way (except overpriced bags lmao)

and then based off the success of that, tala's investors jolyon and crew came running to get their piece of the pie

Reactions: 18
What the duck is the housemate talking about? The whole point is that people don’t start with an equivalent amount of money - Grace has had a huge head start so not sure what point she’s trying to make here

• Haha
Reactions: 41
What the duck is the housemate talking about? The whole point is that people don’t start with an equivalent amount of money - Grace has had a huge head start so not sure what point she’s trying to make here
And if even if we allow the stupid analogy of giving people £100 each, it’s not just about the money, it’s about the knock on of wealth and privilege, the schools you go to and how they equip you to handle uni interviews and applications, having enough money you don’t need to get a job young to support yourself / your family... I’d go on but nobody here really needs to be told this 😆

Reactions: 40
LMAO her replies just make me laugh

“GRACE PAID FOR OXFORD AND MADE THIS COMPANY FROM THE GROUND UP!” girl get your head out of grace’s ass!

edit: also, grace has no idea how to be a business woman. she took one online class and had her companies handed to her. she fights with people in comments and blocks any criticism. she’s NOT a business woman, megan.
Is she a moron? Being privileged can absolutely teach you to be a business woman - because these days, the biggest thing you need to be a successful business owner is to have money to start with. There's plenty of successful "business people" who really have no special business acumen... they're just rich and got lucky.

Reactions: 34
also people keep saying that she's acknowledging her privilege but I literally have to disagree - she actually keeps downplaying it by saying that she went to private school "on a scholarship"... as if she wouldn't have been able to go without it?

at no point has she ever noted who her maternal grandfather was and how much privilege he and his wife had, nor the fact that she's swimming in generational wealth and is a trust fund baby

the whole "I almost got kicked out of uni for not paying" and "my mum worked full-time" bs is honestly insulting - both to her minions who take everything at face value and those are from genuinely wc backgrounds who have almost been kicked out of uni for not paying rent/being able to afford aspects of student life

• Heart
Reactions: 48
also people keep saying that she's acknowledging her privilege but I literally have to disagree - she actually keeps downplaying it by saying that she went to private school "on a scholarship"... as if she wouldn't have been able to go without it?

at no point has she ever noted who her maternal grandfather was and how much privilege he and his wife had, nor the fact that she's swimming in generational wealth and is a trust fund baby
this, she’ll admit being white and going to good schools has given her a leg up, but she’ll never admit to how wealthy her family is and how that safety net is so important when starting a business - something most people don’t have

Reactions: 21

Another bad day on twitter for grace

Director saz strikes again
omg hilarious. one of my straight male friends legit sent me this tweet and i came straight over here as i knew you’d all have found it already.

viva la duck the influencers pretending to be self made revolution

Reactions: 13

the whole "I almost got kicked out of uni for not paying" and "my mum worked full-time" bs is honestly insulting - both to her minions who take everything at face value and those are from genuinely wc backgrounds who have almost been kicked out of uni for not paying rent/being able to afford aspects of student life
Quoting myself (lol narc) to add that a huge part of how she was able to launch Tala and Shreddy at university was because of Genflow and her external investors.

I find it absolutely crazy how she's been able to build her career a "girl-boss CEO" off of smoke and mirrors.

Even if she has more control and plays a more active role now, I would feel like such a fraud making out like I started it from the ground up. As if she found the suppliers, leveraged deals etc. instead of being handed a CEO ready mix...
Irdk how she does keeps up the facade?? Would set my anxiety through the roof

Reactions: 24
it's actually so infuriating!!!! ALL 3 of her siblings went to BOARDING SCHOOL and private schools their entire lives, her parents or grandparents could have absotutely paid for her to go to Oxford.

In the UK you just get a student loan like everyone (or so I thought) does. There's really no pressure to pay tuition if you can't bc the loan GETS PAID FOR YOU. UGGGGGHH if she didn't want a loan then THAT IS PRIVILEGE IN ITSELF. NO ONE FORCED U TO PAY YOUR WAY THROUGH UNI 😩😩😩😩😩

• Heart
Reactions: 53
it's actually so infuriating!!!! ALL 3 of her siblings went to BOARDING SCHOOL and private schools their entire lives, her parents or grandparents could have absotutely paid for her to go to Oxford.

In the UK you just get a student loan like everyone (or so I thought) does. There's really no pressure to pay tuition if you can't bc the loan GETS PAID FOR YOU. UGGGGGHH if she didn't want a loan then THAT IS PRIVILEGE IN ITSELF. NO ONE FORCED U TO PAY YOUR WAY THROUGH UNI 😩😩😩😩😩
Exactly, the idea that we should be in awe of her "paying her way" through uni is laughable. This is rich people playing at being poor for a challenge - she chose not to take the loans which were freely available to her.

Reactions: 43

This is probably why she thinks she really is self made business woman of the year- in her head she’ll think all my sisters have the same privilege (aka got given same £100 Megan 🙄) and she is most successful

it’s the way she’s cheated herself into the position. E.g the bloody fitness ebook (which I saw someone say she made 80k from, don’t know accuracy of figure). But to be obnoxious enough to sell a fitness guide when you have no actual training, qualifications or knowledge is initself privilege and shouldn’t actually be allowed to happe . There needs to be some sort of trading standards and laws around tit like this

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Exactly, the idea that we should be in awe of her "paying her way" through uni is laughable. This is rich people playing at being poor for a challenge - she chose not to take the loans which were freely available to her.
Totally!!!! And I HIGGGHHHHLY doubt she's the only one who went to those schools who has a strong work ethic 😩 i'm sure they all do and I'm also sure they're all really successful and are content knowing they don't sell holey leggings for a living and don't have to buy friends ❤❤❤

Reactions: 9
This is probably why she thinks she really is self made business woman of the year- in her head she’ll think all my sisters have the same privilege (aka got given same £100 Megan 🙄) and she is most successful

it’s the way she’s cheated herself into the position. E.g the bloody fitness ebook (which I saw someone say she made 80k from, don’t know accuracy of figure). But to be obnoxious enough to sell a fitness guide when you have no actual training, qualifications or knowledge is initself privilege and shouldn’t actually be allowed to happe . There needs to be some sort of trading standards and laws around tit like this
Yeah she said the 80k figure herself on Patricia Bright’s interview... but given Grace’s reputation for spouting bullshit, it could be exaggerated or downplayed

Reactions: 9
Yeah she said the 80k figure herself on Patricia Bright’s interview... but given Grace’s reputation for spouting bullshit, it could be exaggerated or downplayed
Made £80k in the space of a month but still complains endlessly about how Oxford's no job rule was an impediment to her and how she struggled to pay her way through uni. Pick a side Grace - you can't be making tens of thousands every month but also be a poor student lol.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.