Grace Beverley #11 I’m a bestseller-to-be, don’t worry - always keep my roommates on cctv

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Few screenshots here - the first one being one of her 'book reviews'. Does anyone else think this "review" is incredibly generic, and just repeats the language that's used in the description of her book/the press release? I've seen the phrase 'authentic voice' and 'transparency' used to describe her book a few times now, and I feel like this person has just lifted those phrases from the press release they were given alongside the book. Would put money on this person not reading the book at all and is just doing the required generic response. Funny how all these initial reviews say the exact same thing.

And secondly, her response to this person's concern about the infographic she shared was "buy my book". 🙄

Attachments

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Few screenshots here - the first one being one of her 'book reviews'. Does anyone else think this "review" is incredibly generic, and just repeats the language that's used in the description of her book/the press release? I've seen the phrase 'authentic voice' and 'transparency' used to describe her book a few times now, and I feel like this person has just lifted those phrases from the press release they were given alongside the book. Would put money on this person not reading the book at all and is just doing the required generic response. Funny how all these initial reviews say the exact same thing.

And secondly, her response to this person's concern about the infographic she shared was "buy my book". 🙄
wtf is the netflix thing, you watch netflix to relax, how can you compare that to working on your goals?!
I think all of these reviews have been written by her staff and highly policed by her tbh

Reactions: 15
excellent as in actually make a difference for the people of the uk or excellent as in she just chats tit aligning her with other policitians?
remember when she shared a dm of someone telling her she should be prime minister 😫
Excellent as in she chats complete tit and avoids the question at hand 😂

OMG duck off did she 😂😂 I didn't see that!

Reactions: 5

Bruh I looked at the page she shared it from and the entire account is just cringe quotes from Jeff bezos, elon musk, richard branson and steve jobs 🤣🤣

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 27

yeah there must be some sort of briefing with buzz words 😂
What I don’t get is, is how people with normal jobs working as an employee are saying things like “can’t wait to apply this to my own life”
I’m not sure what tips grace is sharing, but her position is so different and far removed from reality. The theme seems to be rest (which is wild because, as many have mentioned, it’s only in the past few weeks she’s spoken about it. Even when she started writing this book she was blagging the 24/7 hustle culture- can’t go to the gym with my phone because I’ll stop working out and start writing down projects and dissertations on my notes instead #werk

but most people’s day jobs are moderately controlled. I couldn't just take 40 mins out to do some journaling and self care. Couldn’t just start my day at 11 because that’s when I’m feeling creative etc. Couldn’t just duck off the other side of the world for 2 months if abig project was launching. Even the stuff about pressure to have everything worked out- come on grace, there wasn’t really that much pressure when you’d had an ibm internship, Oxford degree and we’re already making thousands taking pictures of your arse. It’s not like you came out uni like tit, where do I go 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 31
yeah there must be some sort of briefing with buzz words 😂
What I don’t get is, is how people with normal jobs working as an employee are saying things like “can’t wait to apply this to my own life”
I’m not sure what tips grace is sharing, but her position is so different and far removed from reality. The theme seems to be rest (which is wild because, as many have mentioned, it’s only in the past few weeks she’s spoken about it. Even when she started writing this book she was blagging the 24/7 hustle culture- can’t go to the gym with my phone because I’ll stop working out and start writing down projects and dissertations on my notes instead #werk

but most people’s day jobs are moderately controlled. I couldn't just take 40 mins out to do some journaling and self care. Couldn’t just start my day at 11 because that’s when I’m feeling creative etc. Couldn’t just duck off the other side of the world for 2 months if abig project was launching. Even the stuff about pressure to have everything worked out- come on grace, there wasn’t really that much pressure when you’d had an ibm internship, Oxford degree and we’re already making thousands taking pictures of your arse. It’s not like you came out uni like tit, where do I go 🙄
exactly, and probably couldn;t spend your day posting endless selfies/stories of you being "so busy"

Reactions: 6
Long time lurker, first time poster here. First of all, I’d like to thank you all for the entertainment and keeping me sane during the pandemic! Staying in has become so much more fun since I’ve found these threads 😅.

Anyone else finding her pose she does to show off her bum on all pictures a little bit 2017? lol
Ughhh I hate myself for this but I actually really like the jeans (though the pictures are tacky). Does anyone know what brand they are?

I’m also annoyed at how she somehow does have the time to post 10+ insta stories and respond to/cherry pick criticism, but simply tagging the brands or replying to comments about her outfit is too much effort 🙃 especially considering 90% of the comments are asking where she got the jeans and her coat.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

she talks so much tit 😫😫😫 in one breath it seems like she’s saying “i used to work so hard so i started to chill but i’m also a ceo working sooOo hard don’t forget how hard i work but i am
also hardly
working and i wrote a book about it which i worked so hard doing” and in the next breath seems like
she’s calling people out for watching a netflix series like using your time like that is almost a waste of time? when your time could be better spent “reevaluating goals”?! does she even know what her stance
is cos tbh i don’t know what she’s getting at anymore
feels like she’s trying to put herself out as so super ambitious go
getting and driven and it doesn’t feel the time for that, most people i know have kinda stopped planning or hoping to do anything other than make it thru the next few months alive 🤷🏽‍♀️

Reactions: 18
she talks so much tit 😫😫😫 in one breath it seems like she’s saying “i used to work so hard so i started to chill but i’m also a ceo working sooOo hard don’t forget how hard i work but i am
also hardly
working and i wrote a book about it which i worked so hard doing” and in the next breath seems like
she’s calling people out for watching a netflix series like using your time like that is almost a waste of time? when you
could be reevaluating your goals? does she even know what her stance
is cos tbh i don’t know what she’s getting at anymore
Agreed, she just says whatever words come to her mind that she thinks sound good.

I don't take the netflix post like that. To me it means that we often persist with watching boring episodes of a show cause we know its meant to get better after the initial slog. But we don't apply the same to our life, we often think that if it's bad now it will not get better. At least that's how I understand it

Reactions: 10
Agreed, she just says whatever words come to her mind that she thinks sound good.

I don't take the netflix post like that. To me it means that we often persist with watching boring episodes of a show cause we know its meant to get better after the initial slog. But we don't apply the same to our life, we often think that if it's bad now it will not get better. At least that's how I understand it
yeah maybe so but still kicking back and mindless watching 3 hours of whatever is so different to making changes in life. it’s like comparing a cake with a pigeon- they just aren’t comparable in any way to me 🥴

Reactions: 5
Long time lurker, first time poster here. First of all, I’d like to thank you all for the entertainment and keeping me sane during the pandemic! Staying in has become so much more fun since I’ve found these threads 😅.

Ughhh I hate myself for this but I actually really like the jeans (though the pictures are tacky). Does anyone know what brand they are?

I’m also annoyed at how she somehow does have the time to post 10+ insta stories and respond to/cherry pick criticism, but simply tagging the brands or replying to comments about her outfit is too much effort 🙃 especially considering 90% of the comments are asking where she got the jeans and her coat.
Yeah she's really weird about saying where her clothes are from, probably because most of them are fast fashion or from an obnoxiously expensive designer brand - basically, decidedly not from the "small sustainable woman-owned" brands she claims to champion.

And this case, I'm pretty sure the jeans are from Versace (based on the logo on the pockets). Hence why she doesn't tell her followers because she knows it isn't relatable.

Reactions: 19
yeah maybe so but still kicking back and mindless watching 3 hours of whatever is so different to making changes in life. it’s like comparing a cake with a pigeon- they just aren’t comparable in any way to me 🥴
Yeah it's just one of the dumb motivational posts that don't really mean much. Bet her book will be full of them

• Haha
Bloke spitting facts. Love it when an account with 40k followers tweets tit about her haha
FF11BB0C-227D-4B8C-B0D3-778F93B66D89.jpeg

Cue all the idiot stans commenting to tell him she built it through 100% of her own hard work and determination

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
When I talk about the content creators thing IRL (over the phone...) everyone compares it to a pyramid scheme or MLM but it’s more like it’s just the content creators on one level and Grace on another. How has it been made acceptable that those content creators should work for her for next to nothing?

Also that book review is so bleeping stupid, how is she transparent when she won’t even answer questions about the conditions in her factories or how much she pays her employees? How can you say that about her? Are we looking at the same person?

It really frightens me that people continually praise her when in my eyes she’s so blatantly in the wrong most of the time. I reckon she has friends in high places, especially with all the stuff she does with the BBC (that’s probably Gleam, who I’m convinced are bad too)

Reactions: 11

Am I the only one failing to see what a motivational post about ‘just keep going through tit times’ has anything to do with “working hard” or whatever bullshit she’s claiming to have written about? Can she not respond to anyone anymore without mentioning it? 🥴

I just don’t understand how a book solely about maximising productivity is supposed to be helpful. Even if a business person I really respected came out with a book like that I don’t think I’d buy it, because productivity is different for everyone depending on how they think and like to organise things. You can be equally as productive as someone else using totally different methods.

I think she would’ve been better off doing a biography interspersed with productivity and business tips, as cringe as it would be, because then at least the book would be about more than just how to organise yourself?

Reactions: 19

they look like Levi’s from the back pocket. Pretty sure she used to rave about the Levi 501s but I don’t know if that’s that specific pair x

edit: on closer inspection, they’re defo Versace! The Levi’s are very similar though so a good alternative :)

Reactions: 3

Thankfully I’ve written a whole book.

Oh piss off grace no one is thankful for it apart from your bank account

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.