Grace Beverley #10 essential bizniz trips, bras that throw out ur nips, #GirlBoss tips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t believe she’s suggesting babysitting is “working since I was 13”. Lol I used to go and sit and watch tv in someone’s house once a month or so and eat the snacks they left out, whilst their child was in bed. Wouldn’t ever dream of saying I’ve worked since I was 13

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Can’t believe she’s suggesting babysitting is “working since I was 13”. Lol I used to go and sit and watch tv in someone’s house once a month or so and eat the snacks they left out, whilst their child was in bed. Wouldn’t ever dream of saying I’ve worked since I was 13
sorry just quoting myself to say actually it’s disrespectful to the people who actually had to go out to work at 13 to help support their family etc, why is she trying to put herself in the same category

Reactions: 26
this annoys me so much. As soon as I was of legal age to work I got a job in a kitchen, worked 4 nights a week in 2 jobs throughout high school and sixth form in various kitchen/waitressing jobs, worked Christmas and new year, all the bank holidays, Father’s Day, Mother’s Day, Easter Sunday etc every single year (with a few exceptions) since I was 14. In uni I was lucky enough not to need to work but chose to - partly because I liked having the extra money (who doesn’t), but also because I’d grown to really enjoy it after so many years. Many people who grew up in working class families know exactly what it’s like to (actually) work from such a young age out of actual necessity (not just rich mummy wants to teach me a lesson), so I find it so insulting that she’s claiming to be such a hard grafter from her babysitting job... like I’ve done that before and it’s such easy money!
Also want to add that throughout uni, Grace made me feel like I wasn’t working hard enough all the time through her constant bragging of all the hard “work” she did on her YouTube channel, so finding out it was all a bunch of lies really upset me. I did find her quite motivational to work hard but she made the impression that she was literally working from the moment she woke up to the moment she went to bed, so when I obviously couldn’t do that, I did question whether or not I was really doing my best, or if I was just being lazy.
She’s honestly just toxic toxic toxic all round

• Heart
Reactions: 44
My 4+ year old Nikes don’t even look like that and I’ve done literally everything in them + gained weight lol
My nike shorts I've had since high school that I still wear literally do not look like that either LOL

I'm a DD cup and I most certainly wouldn't be asking get what bra she is wearing. How doesn't she have black eyes 🤣
Dude seriously what is wrong with her face. I don't know if I agree with anyone who says she hasn't had her face done.

Reactions: 7
I'm a DD cup and I most certainly wouldn't be asking get what bra she is wearing. How doesn't she have black eyes 🤣
if her workout app is that good why doesn’t she use it consistently?
in the past week and a half this
must be the third different thing she’s mentioned in training which is telling me her app is shite 🤷🏽‍♀️
also can’t wait for her “ShrEddY fOr sUmMeR body” which she’ll undoubtedly attribute to
her dedication to using the shreddy app when
all the while she’s been doing fitness classes and german volume
training (which is renowned for helping add muscle quick) and none of the techniques/exercise groups i ever saw when i used shreddy 😬

Reactions: 15
I’m looking up German Volume and I’m seeing that each workout consists of four exercises, ten sets of ten reps for each one? That’s so time consuming - over an hour just for the core workout if you allow proper rep time & rest time. Then there’s stretching, glute activation, cardio etc.. Spend another fifteen minutes stretching, 25 on GA and doing a bit of cardio and it pushes it up to nearly two hours, and that’s without considering getting to and from the gym (a problem Grace doesn’t have - she just has to go downstairs)

Im sure it’s great for muscle building but after work, people have about 5 hours to relax, make dinner, do chores, a hobby, and exercise - I’m not sure I wanna spend nearly half of that total time in the gym 😂1 hour and 10 minutes is plenty for me, or 40 for the core workout. after lifting for 2 years (though I’m rusty cos covid), a short f45 workout on YouTube I did the other day really got me. you can get a good workout without spending lots of time doing it

She’s preparing her figure as a big advert for Shreddy and its short and sweet workouts by using a training method that is the complete opposite to Shreddy and its selling point. It’s funny because she’s unwittingly suggesting that Shreddy is the total opposite of what you need to do to meet her goals/get her figure

Reactions: 22
I’m looking up German Volume and I’m seeing that each workout consists of four exercises, ten sets of ten reps for each one? That’s so time consuming - over an hour just for the core workout if you allow proper rep time & rest time. Then there’s stretching, glute activation, cardio etc.. Spend another fifteen minutes stretching, 25 on GA and doing a bit of cardio and it pushes it up to nearly two hours, and that’s without considering getting to and from the gym (a problem Grace doesn’t have - she just has to go downstairs)

Im sure it’s great for muscle building but after work, people have about 5 hours to relax, make dinner, do chores, a hobby, and exercise - I’m not sure I wanna spend nearly half of that total time in the gym 😂1 hour and 10 minutes is plenty for me, or 40 for the core workout. after lifting for 2 years (though I’m rusty cos covid), a short f45 workout on YouTube I did the other day really got me. you can get a good workout without spending lots of time doing it

She’s preparing her figure as a big advert for Shreddy and its short and sweet workouts by using a training method that is the complete opposite to Shreddy and its selling point. It’s funny because she’s unwittingly suggesting that Shreddy is the total opposite of what you need to do to meet her goals/get her figure
I thought you just pick one exercise, eg squats and do 10x10

Reactions: 8
I thought you just pick one exercise, eg squats and do 10x10
That’s not what I saw - I am seeing some where you do a couple of exercises 10x10, then two more 3x6-8, though, which seems more manageable. Still totally different to Shreddy

Reactions: 1
People like this are so tapped I swear to god, she left this comment on the tala blog post. Just bleeping say you love rimming grace and move on love, but don’t try and defend something that is obviously tit
8EE9C2AB-746C-4E13-935B-0AC5CB53147A.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Yeah just grace being a hypocrite again
Telling us how much she loves doing a quick shreddy20 session in the morning and that’s all you need to get you feeling and looking good 🙄 (long as you’re gifted f45 sessions and have a squat rack to do your own strength building on top)

telling you now not a chance does grace every use shreddy and sit there whipping up some mountain climbers and planks. Can tell from the choice of sports bras she’s not doing anything with a remote bounce!!!

People like this are so tapped I swear to god, she left this comment on the tala blog post. Just bleeping say you love rimming grace and move on love, but don’t try and defend something that is obviously tit View attachment 376101
Grace really has them all believing she’s disrupting the industry 😂😂 (also which industry- fitness/ fashion???)

telling you now, real brands won’t even know what tala is. They’re not encouraging any brands to do anything. Sustainability is a trend* (not one grace invented!!) so any brands taking positive moves to be more sustainable are not doing so because grez put up an insta story.

*edit Trend is not the right word, not suggesting it’s a fad. Just mean it’s getting more airtime and there’s pressures on all businesses to look at their ethics particularly relating to planet

Reactions: 16
That’s not what I saw - I am seeing some where you do a couple of exercises 10x10, then two more 3x6-8, though, which seems more manageable. Still totally different to Shreddy
She'll have done 10x10 squats and maybe another 3x8 and she'll call that gvt. Doubt she's following it to the letter, it's all for show as usual

Reactions: 2
Yeah I mean, let's not kid ourselves, she's not even doing German volume training, she'd do one workout like that every so often which doesn't really count, then shreddy some days, then some other random workouts she makes up. Basically telling their fans that's the way to do it, but it's not. She's not teaching her followers anything about fitness, like the main important things consistency and progressive overload

Reactions: 9

Grace says she’s not an influencer but all these influencer tik toks describe her perfectly

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Yeah I mean, let's not kid ourselves, she's not even doing German volume training, she'd do one workout like that every so often which doesn't really count, then shreddy some days, then some other random workouts she makes up. Basically telling their fans that's the way to do it, but it's not. She's not teaching her followers anything about fitness, like the main important things consistency and progressive overload
This is not meant to be offensive at all but you can just tell she doesn't work out consistently. She's just not muscular-toned people are when they're working out and lifting consistently. Even I, who works out all the time year round, didn't work out for three months bc of lockdown and I lost all my definition and mass (and ofc strength).

Reactions: 11
I agree about how people and companies are using sustainability to gain following/audience/consumers for profit rather than to actively try and make a difference. IMO that is why Tala's audience can't be bothered cos tagging the latest "sustainable trend" will get you noticed/more followers (exactly how previously tagging boohoo/ plt would get more attention) and the added "I'm making better decisions because Tala said I am." gives you a seemingly one up against someone still purchasing "fast fashion".

I've checked out Tala's employees as well as their models, it really baffles me that little to none of their insta accounts have a focused vibe of sustainability activism and passion to make an actual change in the fast fashion industry. And the employees just don't seem to have any background in sustainability.

Like I get one can be an entrepreneur and start a business but like surely if you are really wanting to make a solid change you'd be hiring people that are either passionate about the environment and/or most importantly those with qualifications and experience in line with the business model?

I mean it would be super easy for them to respond honestly to the fair and reasonable questions posed at them if they knew what they were doing and didn't need to hide anything. But they rather keep quiet because that can of worms is just waiting to burst open.

Their business feels like a high-school project, one kid has a great creative idea, but it is so poorly executed by the group because some don't care about the end result and are just there to do what they have to do, others copy and paste from wiki, another gets their mother or father involved in their part (and buys them expensive colour paper and trendy highlighters) and on top of that, the teacher that marks the work couldn't be bothered about what they have done because she just wants to go home, binge Ben and Jerry's while watching The Queen's Gambit.

Reactions: 25
A girl in the Grace fit guide Facebook page
Asked if shreddy was worth it and there’s 43 comments and every single one is suggesting a different app hahahahaha

• Haha
This is not meant to be offensive at all but you can just tell she doesn't work out consistently. She's just not muscular-toned people are when they're working out and lifting consistently. Even I, who works out all the time year round, didn't work out for three months bc of lockdown and I lost all my definition and mass (and ofc strength).
It comes back to the same thing as ever with Grace, where she puts out the image that she either has it hard or is constantly working so hard, trying all these established, no-BS training methods, and where she’s always on the cutting edge of innovation in every field she touches – except she’s not.

She pretended she worked sOoO hard throughout her degree and nearly got a first – now it’s come out that she didn’t and probably got a low 2:1.

She pretended she’s worked since she was 13, but she just babysat here and there (i.e., sat in a nice house with a child, probably with dinner left in the fridge to warm up).

As a non-runner, she went on a run with apparently terrible lung capacity and somehow managed to get a good distance & time – except she’s behaved like she is immune to respiratory diseases throughout the pandemic.

She pretended her business is ethical and groundbreaking but refuses to fix the manufacturing issues and has selected factories based in China, whose manufacturing costs are so low precisely there is barely any union presence and there's minimal provision for workers' rights and pay.

She pretends that she works long, hard hours, but she only works 2 days a week, and when it came to a PERSONAL PR CRISIS where she went to a sesh in Dubai, she couldn’t be bothered to handle it, blocked all the commenters and let her £20K-A-Year staff at her ‘businesses’ clean up the mess with seemingly little to no instruction. Think about how bleeping crazy this is – imagine if your boss did this in their personal life, blocked commenters and let you and your coworkers handle it?

And now she’s pretending that she’s doing all this intensive training when it’s apparent she barely does anything at all, despite having a home gym. And if she knuckles down and trains properly, she’ll pretend she got her results from a training programme she made and won’t credit anyone else’s research.

If she put as much effort into actually being good at something as she does at pretending, maybe she would have made an actual worthwhile dent in society and she’d have a ‘rave about’ page on here instead. She's so obsessed with putting forward an image of herself where she does more than the normal person ever could (from pretending she does lengthy workouts to pretending she got prestigious internships off her own back) but in reality she does less than the normal person and had more help getting started, had one blip of earned success with the bands and otherwise just got lucky and gamed the system.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.