Grace Beverley #10 essential bizniz trips, bras that throw out ur nips, #GirlBoss tips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am ALL for mole awareness and I am more than happy when influencers remind people to check. But I get confused when they share all of these important messages without saying the most important point that must be in any discussion about skin cancer: stop intentionally tanning! She even implies here that she has family history of melanoma - so I can't believe she still consistently posts content of her sunbathing, and her pictures show her with quite dramatic tan lines so she clearly isn't being cautious. There's no such thing as safe tanning, regardless of whether you've used sun protection or not.

Molly Mae did this as well - posted a lot about her skin cancer scare but not once did she mention how this is linked to sun exposure. And still shows herself sunbathing. You cannot ignore the fact that MOST skin cancers are directly linked to UV exposure - why ignore that fact when it's the single most helpful tip to give your followers?
I found this set of stories very confusing as well tbh, it wasn’t clear when she was talking about breast vs skin cancer and what the consultation was for. When she said she had to send a pic I was thinking how uncomfortable I would be sending a picture of my boob to a doctor, but I think she was talking about her mole?

I’m all for raising awareness about making sure you’re checking yourself and stuff, but there’s surely a more articulate way of getting your point across?

also disappointed that she didn’t mention sun tanning as a risk factor for melanomas and other skin cancers, given the amount she shows off her tanning on beaches all over the world (and in her London garden tbh), like she surely knows how dangerous it is?? Not even a little comment like “make sure to wear SPF”

I kind of get the feeling the she thinks it’s totally fine to tan regularly as long as you’re getting your moles checked regularly...

Reactions: 17
I found this set of stories very confusing as well tbh, it wasn’t clear when she was talking about breast va skin cancer and what the consultation was for. When she said she had to send a pic I was thinking how uncomfortable I would be sending a picture of my boob to a doctor, but I think she was talking about her mole?

I’m all for raising awareness about making sure you’re checking yourself and stuff, but there’s surely a more articulate way of getting your point across?

also disappointed that she didn’t mention sun tanning as a risk factor for melanomas and other skin cancers, given the amount she shows off her tanning on beaches all over the world (and in her London garden tbh), like she surely knows how dangerous it is?? Not even a little comment like “make sure to wear SPF”
Yeah, it is confusing - I interpreted as she gets her boobs checked because of a biopsy she had the past and she was recommended she got her mole removed based on family history (presumably of skin cancer? or maybe that's referring to family history of breast cancer. who knows i'm confused now too)

It's worrying because I remember her posting stories saying how she always wears SPF when she tans, as if that magically makes it safe to sit out in the sun for hours. So I don't think she fully grasps the danger of tanning and how it links w/ risk of skin cancer. A tan is skin damage - all the SPF is doing is made you tan slower. Lying out in the sun for 2 hours with SPF is no safer than lying out in the sun for half an hour with no SPF if the result you get (i.e. the tan) is the same. You've still got the same level of sun damage.

Reactions: 16
I feel like Flora probably has quite a hard time and a bit of a moral dilemma when it comes to Grace - she probably doesn't support how unsustainable and greenwash-y TALA is but is torn between that and supporting her sister.

I have to say though, if it was one of my sisters doing that I would sit down with them and try and have a sensible, mature discussion with them about why I think what they're doing is wrong and morally reprehensible. That being said maybe Flora and Grace don't have that kind of relationship so Flora just shoves her into her blog posts every now and then to "support" her and then shades her on Instagram which inevitably more people will see.

Reactions: 22
I've never seen a brand with so many negative comments made on their photos. Unless it is just you lot 😂

Reactions: 25
I've never seen a brand with so many negative comments made on their photos. Unless it is just you lot 😂
Trust its not even me, I’m blocked on all my accounts. I bleeping love all the people who comment on there though, they just take the absolute piss. This one made me laugh earlier
8ACB7A1B-0A9A-4A0B-BB19-9C91902C5F52.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 56
I think the first commenter has put it on a few photos and no response but weirdly not blocking them. There releases are so hard to keep up with I can't even remember seeing Zinnia before.

Reactions: 3
I think the first commenter has put it on a few photos and no response but weirdly not blocking them. There releases are so hard to keep up with I can't even remember seeing Zinnia before.
That's the first leggings I thought?

I am ALL for mole awareness and I am more than happy when influencers remind people to check. But I get confused when they share all of these important messages without saying the most important point that must be in any discussion about skin cancer: stop intentionally tanning! She even implies here that she has family history of melanoma - so I can't believe she still consistently posts content of her sunbathing, and her pictures show her with quite dramatic tan lines so she clearly isn't being cautious. There's no such thing as safe tanning, regardless of whether you've used sun protection or not.

Molly Mae did this as well - posted a lot about her skin cancer scare but not once did she mention how this is linked to sun exposure. And still shows herself sunbathing. You cannot ignore the fact that MOST skin cancers are directly linked to UV exposure - why ignore that fact when it's the single most helpful tip to give your followers?
She didn’t want to go to the hospital because of coronavirus, but doesn’t mind going on multiple holidays...

• Haha
Reactions: 46
If you check out their Trustpilot the predictable weekly batch of glowing 5* reviews are coming in again. It's weird how the positive reviews always come in at the same time, and always have the same tone (e.g. it's always a customer service review for something minor like requesting a change of shipping address, then they'll nearly always name-drop Mel). I wonder what's happening - maybe they e-mail a select number of customers who've had an issue resolved and offer them a gift card/discount off a future purchase if they write a review? I just really don't believe these reviews are organic.

Reactions: 14
The stuff with sunbathing is so stupid. as someone whose mum had melanoma when pregnant with me, it’s no joke. You’d think you could clock that a mole is changing but hers was on her belly, so as her baby bump got bigger, it was hard to tell whether the mole was changing or whether her skin was being stretched by her bump. I also have had some skin cancer scares and I’m only 24 and have never tanned on purpose.

They (Grace, molly Mae) could easily get profitable ad deals with Bondi Sands/St Tropez and I doubt it’s a lack of education on the matter, so to me it looks like they can’t be bothered to have a fake tanning routine, which is so bleeping lazy. They could even get ad deals for an SPF product, like La Roche Posay’s stuff. Sometimes I wonder whether they aren’t bothered by the ageing effects of sun damage because Esho etc. will give them free treatments and fillers anyway, as if that changes the risk of skin cancer. Sometimes I also think white women can be weirdly obsessed with tanning naturally

Reactions: 18
The stuff with sunbathing is so stupid. as someone whose mum had melanoma when pregnant with me, it’s no joke. You’d think you could clock that a mole is changing but hers was on her belly, so as her baby bump got bigger, it was hard to tell whether the mole was changing or whether her skin was being stretched by her bump. I also have had some skin cancer scares and I’m only 24 and have never tanned on purpose.

They (Grace, molly Mae) could easily get profitable ad deals with Bondi Sands/St Tropez and I doubt it’s a lack of education on the matter, so to me it looks like they can’t be bothered to have a fake tanning routine, which is so bleeping lazy. They could even get ad deals for an SPF product, like La Roche Posay’s stuff. Sometimes I wonder whether they aren’t bothered by the ageing effects of sun damage because Esho etc. will give them free treatments and fillers anyway, as if that changes the risk of skin cancer. Sometimes I also think white women can be weirdly obsessed with tanning naturally
But grace always used to go on about fake tan? So many uni videos included some mention of fake tan, so what happened?

Reactions: 4
She’s deleted more pictures on Instagram again, she’s gone from 1515 posts to 1496 - any notable posts missing?

But grace always used to go on about fake tan? So many uni videos included some mention of fake tan, so what happened?
I remember that! It’s a pretty weird shift. All I can think of is maybe she had a sponsorship deal with fake tan companies and she let it go? she had a video where she went to a dermatologist and they scanned her face and the sun damage was really bad. so unless she just got battered by the sun when she was a kid living in France, it looked like she had a history of abusing sun exposure even then

Reactions: 8
also here for mole checking/breast checking awareness raising but why does she have to do it in the most attention seeking all
about me way 😫 all hospital gowned up ffs get a grip grez

• Sick
  • Haha
Here for boob checking awareness but I'm very confused about the hospital gown when I went in to get a lump checked there was none of that, just told to whip off my top!

I do recommend everyone checks, like I said before I'm only 26 and I found a lump last year (it's a "Fibroadenomas" which is a benign lump). Obviously Grace and her money went private but when you let the NHS know if you found a lump they move QUICK to get you in and seen.

Reactions: 15
If she really wanted to help she could include a diagram/explanation/link of how to properly check your 'boobies' (🙄) and what to look for when checking your skin.

But typical Grace using something serious as a front to talk about herself and get attention and sympathy from her minions.

Reactions: 14
What she's saying is ridiculous as heck. Just because people share or document their journey online doesn't mean they have to disclose anything to you.

Sounds like she's a right nosey and bitter witch to me.
Do we know why she stopped working with grace?

Reactions: 1
View attachment 362895Emily (Grace’s old PA)
The hypocrisy of this, when she is still so far up Grace’s arse!
i rarely comment here but this is acc disgusting.

my fam isn't vv rich actually the complete opposite and it sucks but i don't get bitter at other ppl's achievements. THATS the real toxic behaviour going on: being bitter about others achievements. its not toxic to post the nice things you have. lol wtf is wrong w her. how did she think it was ok to post this??

ETA: i think its normal to feel jelly especially bc many of these young ppl buying expensive houses that aren't influencers come from well off families (cough cough like grace) but tbh i think being jeleous over that is a waste of time and its better for ur mental health to just forget about it so i think grace's friend should just unfollow or get off ig

Grace yes but I wouldn’t include Molly-Mae in that, it’s very well known she has her own tanning brand and talks about using it a lot, you can also tell when she goes on holiday she is in the shade a lot and stays very pale. Grace on the other hand would kill for an unhealthy leather looking tan

• Wow
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.