Grace Beverley #10 essential bizniz trips, bras that throw out ur nips, #GirlBoss tips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was in the GFG Facebook guides for aaaages (saw it mentioned on another gossip site a few years ago and wanted to see all the stuff for myself haha). I only recently left cos nobody was ever talking about grace or tala or shreddy on there anymore (which says a lot really) it was just girls asking the same stupid qs over and over lol

Reactions: 9
5150F195-D9EA-4066-944C-C7358564F1EB.png
Emily (Grace’s old PA)
The hypocrisy of this, when she is still so far up Grace’s arse!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 63
View attachment 362895Emily (Grace’s old PA)
Lol. This sounds stupid anyway, should people need to disclose how old they are with every post? She said herself "young looking couples", does it matter if they're 23 or 27? I don't understand

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Lol. This sounds stupid anyway, should people need to disclose how old they are with every post? She said herself "young looking couples", does it matter if they're 23 or 27? I don't understand
Agreed - and what exempts influencers lol

Reactions: 26
Yeah I don’t really understand why age is her most important point there

Reactions: 10
What a weird post. Is she talking about influencers or ‘normal’ people? If it’s influencers, they are grossly overpaid so no surprises. If normal people - mind your own business quite frankly? They don’t have to disclose how they afforded anything.

Common sense dictates that if someone in their early 20s can afford to buy and do up a house they usually either a) didn’t go to uni and so started saving younger/longer or b) had help from their parents, mostly combined with c) live in an area which is cheaper to buy in, unless parents are very wealthy. Normal people who aren’t influencers aren’t going to put ‘disclaimers’ on everything 😂 unfollow if you’re too jealous.

editing to say I missed the ‘not influencers’ bit 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 35
What she's saying is ridiculous as heck. Just because people share or document their journey online doesn't mean they have to disclose anything to you.

Sounds like she's a right nosey and bitter witch to me.

What a weird post. Is she talking about influencers or ‘normal’ people? If it’s influencers, they are grossly overpaid so no surprises. If normal people - mind your own business quite frankly? They don’t have to disclose how they afforded anything.

Common sense dictates that if someone in their early 20s can afford to buy and do up a house they usually either a) didn’t go to uni and so started saving younger/longer or b) had help from their parents, mostly combined with c) live in an area which is cheaper to buy in, unless parents are very wealthy. Normal people who aren’t influencers aren’t going to put ‘disclaimers’ on everything 😂 unfollow if you’re too jealous.
I didn't go to uni and worked pretty much from when I completed my a levels so I am in a much better financial position than others my age.

I wouldn't, however, feel the need to disclose that if I brought a property to renovate, that's just unnecessary no one needs to know that🤣

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Wtf. What does she want people to do? Tell her their salary, deposit and how much debt they’re in?

My issue with this is if you were to say your parents helped you or you got inheritance or something people would be so judgemental and bitchy about it..

• Haha
Reactions: 20
It’s just horrifically intrusive IMO to think you’re entitled to information other people’s family finances. There will always be people better and worse off than you. I can’t imagine being so bitter that someone else had some help, I’m sure if my family could afford to they would have helped me out. If she’s that bitter it sounds like she needs to take a big step back from social media 🙄 ‘leading people to believe they’re not good enough’ ok but the only person doing that to you is yourself!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
It's none of her business if they are not sharing. People get their first property at different ages, that's life. Sounds like shes having a breakdown. If she's getting so upset by it it's time to get off social media. Comparison is the thief of joy.

Reactions: 15
Also she’s 23, I don’t think any of my friends owned a house at 23. Does she expect people to put “* my parents leant me the deposit for this flat” on their insta stories to make her feel better

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’ve just read again what Emily posted and it just makes no sense. I do understand feeling like you’re a bit behind everyone else, I’m 27 and living at home whilst my friends are buying houses. But it’s completely ridiculous to expect people to disclose that they are 30 for example when buying their house just to make her feel better. Like someone else said, there’s just no point in being bitter as everyone is different with different circumstances. I had a friend who made digs all the time about people being helped out by parents etc- she suddenly became quiet on that topic when her own mum helped her buy a flat.
Emily clearly knows that people get help and have to save for years, as she says it herself l. surely that is enough for her without people “disclosing” it on their Instagram?

Last edited:
Reactions: 32
This is absolutely wild to me 🤯 I went to Cambridge (state school, Law degree and knew absolutely nobody there - I’m a year or so older so I finished before her) and alongside my degree, social activities and sports I could never understand how she could run these businesses. Now it makes sense, she barely even did her degree and had a substantial leg up to get in. It makes me absolutely furious that she holds her Oxford degree as some kind of badge of honour or indicator of her intelligence and superiority when she didn’t get there through her own grit and hard work, and clearly didn’t graduate because of these things either. She’s a complete fake, screeches on social media about equality of opportunity whilst taking every upper class leg-up she can get, and making hard working people feel as though they aren’t good enough. Her ‘how I got into Oxford’ video should just be her saying the words “because I’m full of shite” over and over again.
Yes I forgot to say 2 people actually replied and confirmed this to be an accurate account of what she was like there, and apparently she was even accused of plagiarism as well. It sounds like she was a total user and scrounged off other people all the time instead of doing the work herself, which tbh is typical behaviour from her and exactly what I expected

• Wow
Reactions: 27
I’ll probably get roasted for this but am I the only person who finds it ironic that one of the things people bash Grace for on here is that she doesn’t acknowledge her privilege or if she does she sweeps over it. But now the consensus is that no one should have to (unless it’s Grace lol).

I bought my home at 21, a 2 bed terraced house and certainly not in London lol. I put down a large deposit too (had to to get the bank to trust me with a mortgage as a 21 year old single buyer). Do not come from a middle class family, but wasn’t charged rent when at home at any point. Went to uni but juggled many side hustles.

I personally don’t mind disclosing info if a friend or coworker (when I was still working) would ask.

Reactions: 17
I’ll probably get roasted for this but am I the only person who finds it ironic that one of the things people bash Grace for on here is that she doesn’t acknowledge her privilege or if she does she sweeps over it. But now the consensus is that no one should have to (unless it’s Grace lol).

I bought my home at 21, a 2 bed terraced house and certainly not in London lol. I put down a large deposit too (had to to get the bank to trust me with a mortgage as a 21 year old single buyer). Do not come from a middle class family, but wasn’t charged rent when at home at any point. Went to uni but juggled many side hustles.

I personally don’t mind disclosing info if a friend or coworker (when I was still working) would ask.
I think given the nature of Grace's very public online presence and thus inevitable status as a role model, she owes a certain amount of upfront honesty to her followers about her #bossbabe narrative. Especially given she purposely minimizes the privileges she has had. It's the dishonesty that seems to get to people the most.

Reactions: 28

I personally think it's really healthy for people to be completely open and transparent about these things esp in terms of a wider society perspective to discuss openly and honestly how to access life rather than keep things hidden, be bitter, and internally compete bc a capitalist society has told us that earnings + wages and expenses should be kept secret. But like should that be blasted on social media (since that's the context here)? Are we entitled to this information about anyone's life? No, I think it's someone's right to withhold that information if they want to and that should be respected. However, my close friends and I will update each other (bc we agree and are comfortable to) on how we've managed to get jobs, how much we earn, and how we've increased our salaries (yes literally during a pandemic) so that we know what we can and cannot ask for (tho granted it makes it easier that we are in the same literal field). I am 25 and live at home with my parents because it allows me to save a lot of money, which is currently my primary goal during this time. I was personally just grossed out at Emily's post because she sounds super bleeping entitled and exempts influencers when they should be held even MORE accountable for being transparent. They earn much more at way younger ages and when they're not open, people will constantly compare themselves to them. It makes no sense for them to be like "oh yeah we earn like nothing from instagram or YouTube lololllol" but then go and buy mansions?? Not just a Grace thing for me, but an influencer thing overall. Sickening brat probs just speaking like that bc of her "connection" to Grace; she can go to hell.

Reactions: 32
That Emily person specifically said not influencers - ie people who put their lives on SM when no one asked them to lol - so she wants the info from lay people. That would be intrusive. Grace actively spreads lies about how she’s got where she is aha I just want her to stop misleading people I guess 😅

Reactions: 15
I see what you mean. I find it annoying when people try to monetise their renovation projects on Instagram when I’m certain they got the money from their parents. It’s because I find the culture of “money generates money” annoying and I’m much happier to support someone’s ventures if it’s not a “my parents gave me a casual million to play with” game. My parents were both working class when they bought a 100k house when they were about 40, and now it’s worth nearly a million (by the time I was 10, I was middle class). The people moving in now are gentrifiers - my next-door neighbours (when I lived at home) are people in their late twenties and the house they bought was nearly worth 1mil at the time. They launched into renovation projects rightaway, whilst people who grew up here a couple decades ago have to buy further away from their families if they want to own their own place. I want the neighbours to acknowledge what’s happening in the area because I want them to care, but I think really what I wish was that there wasn’t this level of inequality anyway. I don’t hate my neighbours, but I do wish they expressed more awareness and participated in community outreach events (they very much keep to themselves/their social circle), because while they get their fun renovation project in a steal of an area, it won’t be a possibility for me to buy close to my parents for the foreseeable future.

I think Emily is viewing a situation like the one above, where she is at a disadvantage. But because she rides so hard for Grace and other “boss babe” private school influencer types, she can’t/won’t call a spade a spade. She would rather paint herself and anyone in her shoes as jealous, which is not coincidentally the same tit people always accuse girlboss critics of. It’s sad that she’s actually internalised the “you’re bitter and jealous” stuff, is unwilling to criticise Grace etc., and would sooner aim all her frustration at regular people buying regular houses for not disclosing their age of all things. It’s either classic Tory “blame anything other than what’s responsible for this issue” crap, or she’s just being a bootlicker. Emily, if you’re reading, your brain is trying to tell you that it’s sad that mean people who became stupidly rich for stupid reasons are able to buy and renovate a house by the time they’re 23 while you could work a thousand shifts at a restaurant and not even get close to affording a house like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.