Grace Beverley #10 essential bizniz trips, bras that throw out ur nips, #GirlBoss tips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm 26, almost 27 and what I saw happening in my early 20s was the friends of mine who got jobs and boyfriends straight out of sixth form bought houses and got engaged, whereas those of us who went to uni had different challenges (only one of my uni friends is in a position to buy now, and I have a deposit but not the salary) I have friends who had kids, who have moved countries, who like me went back to do further education or who focused on their careers/looking for love rather than buying because they enjoyed the freedom renting gave them, and I also have friends who live in London who will probably never buy property.

It's a very nuanced thing, purchasing property. Some people do it really early in life, some people don't do it until later. This is a classic case of her comparing herself to other people on social media, which you would hope that she wouldn't get wrapped up in that because she's been an assistant to an influencer so she knows how fake things can be.

Reactions: 31
Such well thought out posts on this thread, I really think everyone has valid points.

For non influencers I find it bad taste to over share and as it has been mentioned, you’ll never get the full story - I had one friend who posted how proud she was to have saved up enough for a deposit and more all on her own at age X. Yes it was an achievement but in my view it was a kick in the teeth to people like junior doctors or teachers who study for longer and earn a lot less but work a lot harder. She never had student loans to pay back as it was funded by parents and she had a very well paid yet relatively stress free job and money gifted from parents but that part was certainly never shared. Bad taste but doesn’t do much societal harm.

However when it comes to influencers I think they fail to fully grasp the harmful influence they have and how the lack of transparency creates unrealistic expectations and a lack of understanding of the true cost. Sorry OT but looking at Zanna van Dijk as a good example here as well as Grace.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I agree with the above. I would happily tell my close friends that my parents have helped with a deposit for a flat and acknowledge that that is very lucky, but when I do move in there, if I was to post it on social media I wouldn’t write “by the way everyone my parents helped with my deposit”. But that’s partly because I’m 28 moving into a one bedroom flat and have 500 Instagram followers. Not Grace’s age moving into a family home which is completely renovated with 1 million insta followers who worship the ground I walk on.

Reactions: 21
I’ll probably get roasted for this but am I the only person who finds it ironic that one of the things people bash Grace for on here is that she doesn’t acknowledge her privilege or if she does she sweeps over it. But now the consensus is that no one should have to (unless it’s Grace lol).

I bought my home at 21, a 2 bed terraced house and certainly not in London lol. I put down a large deposit too (had to to get the bank to trust me with a mortgage as a 21 year old single buyer). Do not come from a middle class family, but wasn’t charged rent when at home at any point. Went to uni but juggled many side hustles.

I personally don’t mind disclosing info if a friend or coworker (when I was still working) would ask.
I kinda agree but like the others mentioned she specifically said "not influencers". Also I think with grace, at least for me, it's about the fact she was pushing this "self made" narrative when everyone can see she's privileged and it helped her get where she is

Reactions: 16
I agree with the above. I would happily tell my close friends that my parents have helped with a deposit for a flat and acknowledge that that is very lucky, but when I do move in there, if I was to post it on social media I wouldn’t write “by the way everyone my parents helped with my deposit”. But that’s partly because I’m 28 moving into a one bedroom flat and have 500 Instagram followers. Not Grace’s age moving into a family home which is completely renovated with 1 million insta followers who worship the ground I walk on.
I agree with this 100%.

I would happily share with my friends and family my history and how I managed to save so much money, I have nothing to hide!

But if I was to set up an Instagram account (like lots of people do) if I'm renovating or just to show my journey in general I wouldn't feel the need to share with everyone my entire life history and how I managed to buy a house.

I think the main issue from the influencer side of this is how unrealistic it comes across when they bang on about how they're soooooo 💫rElAtAbLe💫

Like I would rather see an influencer go yeah, I got help from my parents, or a family member left me money in their will, or I had a trust fund/savings account from my parents, just be honest! People might not be able to relate so much, but they will certainly like that they've been honest!

Reactions: 14
I understand the worry about not being able to afford a house, but people need to understand that worrying about not being able to afford a house in your twenties, is a privileged worry to have. Like its not something that is accomplished by the vast majority of the population, because the housing market is just fucked and its the same for everyone, especially in london.
However, I know a scary number of people who are literally not even able to afford their rent right now, their biggest concern is not getting kicked out of their place, not worrying about if the next person is putting down a deposit on a flat or renovating a bleeping house... idk I just feel like the fact she has excluded influencers and is coming after normal people is what makes her whole argument absurd, she needs to switch off the internet for a while lol, have a look at the real world.

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Looks like the reviews for that half bra have started to come through lol. Turns out, amazingly, it actually isn’t the cosiest comfiest most supportive bra the world has ever seen.

7FD1453A-B60D-4555-B4C5-5477C879CFA8.jpeg

(Girl, fyi don’t bother returning it, it’s not worth the hassle)

On that Emily girl... just unfollow them? Seeing as she specifically said “not influencers”... Why are you following these random unknown people on the internet?? I get it, I’m one of the last people in most of my friendship groups to be entering the housing market, and I’m not going to say it’s been without frustrations, but most of them have done it with a partner, with help from parents/family or bc they were working in well-paid jobs earlier than I was. The reason I know that is because they’re my friends. If you don’t know someone well enough to have some idea of how they did it then don’t follow them.

Or, like others have said, question influencers (who do pretend to put their entire lives on the internet) why they’re not telling you the whole story about how they bought a fully renovated London mansion at twenty-something. Or indeed, question why one of those people, who was your damn employer, wasn’t paying you enough to start saving, and wasn’t investing in your professional development so you could move into better paid work (either with the company or elsewhere)? That’s all part of growing a sustainable business; investing in your staff, and Grez clearly failed miserably on that front.

The brain hoops this gal is jumping through. Lord.

• Heart
Reactions: 28
Take anything you see on social media with a pinch of salt. No point comparing yourself because as a poster above mentioned, the full story is almost never there. Surely as an assistant to an influencer she would have gotten this by now?

One example is a girl from my school who recently “bought a 3-bed house” with her boyfriend, but neglected to say until much later that it was a) shared ownership b) 5% deposit and c) her boyfriend’s parents paid for the deposit! Ergo she didn’t buy tit. Not that there’s anything wrong with all of that, but claiming that you “bought a house” is very far from the reality.

Reactions: 22
I used to be in the Grace Fit Guide FB group and oh my god it made me SO annoyed. Girls would be on there asking for dating advice AND medical advice and the moderators didn’t do tit. I, multiple times, told people to seek medical advice and not the advice of people on the internet and often had people gang up on me (usually when I corrected false science). it was a horrible situation in there and I’m not surprised it hasn’t gotten any better.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I used to be in the Grace Fit Guide FB group and oh my god it made me SO annoyed. Girls would be on there asking for dating advice AND medical advice and the moderators didn’t do tit. I, multiple times, told people to seek medical advice and not the advice of people on the internet and often had people gang up on me (usually when I corrected false science). it was a horrible situation in there and I’m not surprised it hasn’t gotten any better.
It’s the same in lucy mountains fb group. A lot of questions you could ask google 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 6
View attachment 362895Emily (Grace’s old PA)
The hypocrisy of this, when she is still so far up Grace’s arse!
Don’t live your life on Instagram then? Is she thick as duck? I’m sorry but I kinda agree with boomers saying our generation is so entitled and fragile. She literally worked with Grace. People will have more money than you get over it lmao

I'm 26, almost 27 and what I saw happening in my early 20s was the friends of mine who got jobs and boyfriends straight out of sixth form bought houses and got engaged, whereas those of us who went to uni had different challenges (only one of my uni friends is in a position to buy now, and I have a deposit but not the salary) I have friends who had kids, who have moved countries, who like me went back to do further education or who focused on their careers/looking for love rather than buying because they enjoyed the freedom renting gave them, and I also have friends who live in London who will probably never buy property.

It's a very nuanced thing, purchasing property. Some people do it really early in life, some people don't do it until later. This is a classic case of her comparing herself to other people on social media, which you would hope that she wouldn't get wrapped up in that because she's been an assistant to an influencer so she knows how fake things can be.
I agree I’m 23 and the rate I’m saving I’ll have a good deposit in 3-4 years. I’ve had questions on my Social Media saying stuff like ‘why are you buying x car, while living at home?’. Because I never ever want to rent. Do people just assume everyone is like them?

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
Just had a nosey on the tala insta page and the post with the grey bra & pants set... Half of the models boob is hanging out the side of the bra.

Maybe I'm old fashioned or perhaps it's because I am quite blessed in the chest but I would feel so uncomfortable wearing that😌

I would say people will start complaining about it soon but it will become just another product that they never restock because they have more new lines coming out instead! (Which is totally ethical and sustainable🙄)

Reactions: 4
I think given the nature of Grace's very public online presence and thus inevitable status as a role model, she owes a certain amount of upfront honesty to her followers about her #bossbabe narrative. Especially given she purposely minimizes the privileges she has had. It's the dishonesty that seems to get to people the most.
Exactly this. To me it’s totally nonsensical to say ‘well you want Grace, a millionaire influencer to be honest about her background, so that means you think any person on Instagram has to make those same disclaimers’. The whole point is Grace makes a living and a profit from talking about her life, your average person who is just showing the house they bought isn’t remotely the same. Suggesting that wanting more transparency from influencers is at odds with the idea that normal people deserve privacy is just another way of letting influencers get away with what they do in my opinion. It’s not hard to see the difference.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
U cant tell me this aint shadeView attachment 363432
I also thought this was a pointed remark at first, but turns out in the article she wrote she features TALA as an example of the "best sustainable running gear". She's making a good point in this story, but completely contradicts herself by promoting a brand that sells leggings which rip at the crotch after 3 wears.

• Wow
  • Haha

This is going slightly off topic here but I do agree with you. I'm 28 and of all the people I know from school, they either went to uni, had kids got married and are renting or they are still living at home with their parents. Of about 20 of us only 3 of us have a mortgage.
To me there is a lot of 'dead money' in the world today, renting, financing a car you'll never own ect.
Grace's reno doesn't impress me in the slightest as I doubt she even picked up a brush to paint the whole time! I don't feel she's done the house justice with how she's done it either, it hasn't been sympathetically renovated apart from saving that one ceiling!

Reactions: 9
I also thought this was a pointed remark at first, but turns out in the article she wrote she features TALA as an example of the "best sustainable running gear". She's making a good point in this story, but completely contradicts herself by promoting a brand that sells leggings which rip at the crotch after 3 wears.
Nahh thats actually hilarious tbh. It just shows how little these people who preach sustainability actually care about it

Reactions: 4
I am ALL for mole awareness and I am more than happy when influencers remind people to check. But I get confused when they share all of these important messages without saying the most important point that must be in any discussion about skin cancer: stop intentionally tanning! She even implies here that she has family history of melanoma - so I can't believe she still consistently posts content of her sunbathing, and her pictures show her with quite dramatic tan lines so she clearly isn't being cautious. There's no such thing as safe tanning, regardless of whether you've used sun protection or not.

Molly Mae did this as well - posted a lot about her skin cancer scare but not once did she mention how this is linked to sun exposure. And still shows herself sunbathing. You cannot ignore the fact that MOST skin cancers are directly linked to UV exposure - why ignore that fact when it's the single most helpful tip to give your followers?

Attachments

• Angry
Reactions: 37
Please someone tell me I've interpreted this wrong but

Tala are having someone do an NYE takeover on their insta stories tomorrow.... the 30th... a new years eve takeover....

• Haha
I am ALL for mole awareness and I am more than happy when influencers remind people to check. But I get confused when they share all of these important messages without saying the most important point that must be in any discussion about skin cancer: stop intentionally tanning! She even implies here that she has family history of melanoma - so I can't believe she still consistently posts content of her sunbathing, and her pictures show her with quite dramatic tan lines so she clearly isn't being cautious. There's no such thing as safe tanning, regardless of whether you've used sun protection or not.

Molly Mae did this as well - posted a lot about her skin cancer scare but not once did she mention how this is linked to sun exposure. And still shows herself sunbathing. You cannot ignore the fact that MOST skin cancers are directly linked to UV exposure - why ignore that fact when it's the single most helpful tip to give your followers?
Agree 100%, she needs to stop abusing her skin in the sun. Its not safe and it spreads a dangerous message to her followers. I was confused as well because she was going on about NHS waiting times but doesn’t she have private healthcare?

Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.