Girls Aloud #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
why didnt they do a one off concert when sarah was still alive?
Sarah mentions in her book that she hoped to have the kind of event Kimberley is talking about now and that she was asking Cheryl for help since she has her own foundation, but Sarah was too unwell by the time Covid restrictions ended for it to go ahead.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
I still will never forgive Cheryl for drawing such a line under them 😣 they could have said they'll largely pursue other projects but may come together from time to time to perform and record new music.

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I still will never forgive Cheryl for drawing such a line under them 😣 they could have said they'll largely pursue other projects but may come together from time to time to perform and record new music.
I thought it was really crappy how during the Ten era they said if the new music is well received by the fans then they’ll stick around. Next thing you know a few hours after the last tour date they announce a split. It just felt really unnecessary.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I thought it was really crappy how during the Ten era they said if the new music is well received by the fans then they’ll stick around. Next thing you know a few hours after the last tour date they announce a split. It just felt really unnecessary.
I know! Nicola even corrected a reporter that they'd "never split up", Kim did as well.

I specifically never got tickets for the TEN tour cos I couldn't really get any of the dates to work but thought never mind, Kim and Nicola said they arent splitting up, so there will be more tours at some point 🤷🏻‍♀️

Then when the announcement came out I felt cheated 😖 if I'd have know it was my last chance I'd have made it work come hell or high water.

Really don't get it 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 3
I do wonder how close Cheryl is with the other girls now. Or if she just won't be put on social media. She never posted a happy bday for kimberley as it was her 40th. And didn't see her in any of the Insta stories from the party

I do wonder how close Cheryl is with the other girls now. Or if she just won't be put on social media. She never posted a happy bday for kimberley as it was her 40th. And didn't see her in any of the Insta stories from the party
Kimberley and Nicola are Cheryl's closest friends. Cheryl didn't post anything for Kimberley's birthday because she stopped using social media near the start of the pandemic. Anything that's posted now is by her manager and is just promotional stuff for the vitamins or other projects.

I hate to say it but I'm glad Girls Aloud ended when it did. I think the announcement could've been better, but apart from the tour the reunion wasn't that successful. Something New missed #1, Ten scraped into the top 10 and still isn't certified platinum ten years later, and Beautiful Cause You Love Me is the biggest flop of their career. I would say Xenomania lost their touch too after Girls Aloud went on hiatus in 2008, so I don't think any new Girls Aloud music after 2012 would've been that good (the best new song on Ten was the one song Xenomania weren't involved in). I think it was easy for their record label to look at the situation and see there was more chance of a new Cheryl solo era being successful after 2012 than a new Girls Aloud era.

Kimberley and Nicola are Cheryl's closest friends. Cheryl didn't post anything for Kimberley's birthday because she stopped using social media near the start of the pandemic. Anything that's posted now is by her manager and is just promotional stuff for the vitamins or other projects.

I hate to say it but I'm glad Girls Aloud ended when it did. I think the announcement could've been better, but apart from the tour the reunion wasn't that successful. Something New missed #1, Ten scraped into the top 10 and still isn't certified platinum ten years later, and Beautiful Cause You Love Me is the biggest flop of their career. I would say Xenomania lost their touch too after Girls Aloud went on hiatus in 2008, so I don't think any new Girls Aloud music after 2012 would've been that good (the best new song on Ten was the one song Xenomania weren't involved in). I think it was easy for their record label to look at the situation and see there was more chance of a new Cheryl solo era being successful after 2012 than a new Girls Aloud era.
The reunion wasn't the huge commercial success it could have been in my opinion purely because it was so half hearted.

To say it was meant to be a big career event for the girls, Kim was doing strictly during the reunion and Cheryl's solo tour had literally finished 2 days before. Their focus was 1000% elsewhere.

There were 3/4 new songs on the album slapped in amongst a lazy reissue of dozens of songs everyone had heard countless times before. Fans were expecting an album of new music and a tour to go with and it was an anti climax.

I disagree about Xenomania, they weren't winding down, they produced Nadines solo stuff in 2017 which was 👌, they've produced music for other artists in that time ( Sara Aalto, my touch for example- absolute banger!!!) they also produced "every now and then" from Ten which was the stand out track, IMHO.

Rumour has it Chimola were sick of Bryan and Nadine, so they actively pushed to work with other producers over him and why they released BCYLM which had virtually no Nadine vocals on it 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Had the desire been there internally to do the reunion well it could have been epic, but for some in the group (largely Cheryl) it came across like she was completing a box ticking exercise which was the reason it went out with a fizzle rather than the bang it should have been.

Reactions: 7
Jesus scarlet for her! How did nobody cop it and correct it sooner?

Reactions: 2
I remember the girls aloud doc, when they were in the minivan. I can’t remember where they were going but Cheryl was affronted at being so close to the others and asked if everyone could breathe in a different direction so she didn’t have to smell anyones breath 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I remember the girls aloud doc, when they were in the minivan. I can’t remember where they were going but Cheryl was affronted at being so close to the others and asked if everyone could breathe in a different direction so she didn’t have to smell anyones breath 😆
This episode 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 5
The entire Off The Record series was and still is absolutely iconic. So many lines that me and my friends still quote daily. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I can’t decide which is better. Their lines or Cheryl’s face when they reach the top

8DCEAEE6-F5F5-4AE1-8234-70764B43FE32.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
The reunion wasn't the huge commercial success it could have been in my opinion purely because it was so half hearted.

To say it was meant to be a big career event for the girls, Kim was doing strictly during the reunion and Cheryl's solo tour had literally finished 2 days before. Their focus was 1000% elsewhere.

There were 3/4 new songs on the album slapped in amongst a lazy reissue of dozens of songs everyone had heard countless times before. Fans were expecting an album of new music and a tour to go with and it was an anti climax.

I disagree about Xenomania, they weren't winding down, they produced Nadines solo stuff in 2017 which was 👌, they've produced music for other artists in that time ( Sara Aalto, my touch for example- absolute banger!!!) they also produced "every now and then" from Ten which was the stand out track, IMHO.

Rumour has it Chimola were sick of Bryan and Nadine, so they actively pushed to work with other producers over him and why they released BCYLM which had virtually no Nadine vocals on it 🤷🏻‍♀️.

Had the desire been there internally to do the reunion well it could have been epic, but for some in the group (largely Cheryl) it came across like she was completing a box ticking exercise which was the reason it went out with a fizzle rather than the bang it should have been.
For me the reunion wasn't half hearted in terms of promotion or the tour. They had a fairly busy promotional schedule and the tour was really well received. What I found half hearted was the music. I think the solo Nadine Xenomania tracks are ok but nothing Xenomania did in the 2010s comes close to what they were doing in the 2000s with Sugababes, Girls Aloud, and other artists. If GA had continued into the 2010s, we would've had albums full of stale EDM like what Brian is producing for CuteBad. I'm content with them having split in 2013 because no new music would've came close to Chemistry, Tangled Up, or Out of Control.

Cheryl and Nicola have been open about the fact they didn't work with Xenomania because they wanted their solo music to be of a different sound than GA tracks. And Kimberley was never going to work with Xenomania considering she didn't want to release pop music. I don't think it stacks up that Chimola were sick of Bryan and Nadine and wanted to work with other producers when 3 out of the 4 new tracks were Xenomania ones, including both singles. I'd imagine they know Xenomania are what made GA special, and they were happy for Nadine to do the demos and then go in to record their parts after. No part of that process suggests to me that they wanted to push Nadine and Brian out of the way. I think Chimola are attached to BCYLM because Nicola wrote it, and Nadine only has the "my baby" vocals on it because she personally doesn't like the song.

Reactions: 2
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.