Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

rosemarina

VIP Member
It gets worse than cervical cancer not being a female issue. Action Aid UK, a charity devoted to working with women and girls living in poverty, has declared that “there is no such thing as a biologically female/male body”.

I’ve got nothing. When a charity working for the most marginalised women and girls across the globe is unable to acknowledge basic biology (and acknowledge that the charity wouldn’t need to exist if females weren’t disadvantaged due to their biology) then... 🤯

They do great work, and STILL don’t have the balls to stand up for women. Argh!
Headed by a man, by any chance?

Reactions: 1

Pundertaker

Chatty Member
Without Greer, Dvorkin, Butler and the many women who came before now in Feminist academia there wouldn’t be a discipline. It’s pretty sad if departments don’t teach anything at all about feminist theory as it evolved over time. Do I agree with everything Greer says? No. But a degree in women’s studies/gender studies that didn’t teach her work wouldn’t be worth the paper it’s printed on.
Sorry--what I meant is that a WS degree will not "affirm" older models of feminism. The current gender criticism is very much evolved from Greer-style models, so if someone is expecting a WS degree to be anything like some of the discussions on this thread, they would be disappointed. Butler, obviously, is still very relevant in terms of her gender theory. The whole point of a degree like WS is that it questions what it is to be a woman; current gender criticism views this as an absolute that should not be questioned at a biological level.

Zenchick101

VIP Member
not s
My daughter is 18 and has drunk the kool aid 🙁. She thinks I’m a dreadful old dinosaur. 6 months ago she was conflicted by it all but now she seems to be sucked in by the social media campaigning for ‘allyship’.
Hi I don't know your daughter but I left north america right when this was getting overwhelmingly popular a couple years ago and being in a place that isn't dominated by this helps you think critically.. just a thought.

My sibling has completely drunk the kool-aid by now and sexual preference doesn't mean much apparently.

openbook1

VIP Member
Oh! That's interesting. I wonder if that will be banned too or if it will be alright because it's clearly for men
Edit: genuinely gutted about the gc subreddit
I was about to say, funny how the men's one is still up... There is talk it could be banned too though.

barmj

Chatty Member
@Mamacita

Do you also think bi people are greedy, cheating sluts too?
I brought it up because it’s implied almost every time, I hear it all the time. Bi people are confused, greedy, whores, cheaters, pretend to be straight, etc. It’s disheartening tbh

• Sad

Sheeeet

Chatty Member
What's least surprising about the article above is The Guardian doesn't mention any of that.
Yes, that's really the problem with all interviews with any feminist, they never say, "but men have it much worse"

• Heart

barmj

Chatty Member
I’m sure you’d also be screeching “biphobia” if a woman dared to request an MSM partner have an STI screening.
Hmm, nope. That’s what everyone should be doing, regardless of their sexuality. It’s just common sense. Especially if you fall in a long term relationship and want to forgo condoms/protection. You just don’t want to sleep with a man who previously slept with men in the past because, what? Because it’s gross? Did you know that straight guys enjoy anal stuff too?

Anyway, you should be asking for full transparency with straight men before you sleep with them. But you just assume bi men are riddled with diseases and incapable of using protection. It’s usually straight men who kick up a fuss when they’re asked to get tested and to wear condoms. They’re such pissbabies about it and yet your focus is on bi men.

🤷‍♀️