Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
A transgender pool champion says she received "vile" and "horrific" abuse online after her opponent refused to play her in a final.

Lynne Pinches shook hands with Harriet Haynes before conceding the final of the Women's Champion of Champions tournament in Prestatyn, North Wales.

Pinches said she did it out of "fairness", claiming male-born female players have a competitive advantage.

Haynes says she was "shocked" Pinches went through with a plan to forfeit their final in November after playing a lag shot to officially start the contest.

Many in the crowd at Prestatyn's now-closed Pontins resort applauded Pinches as she walked away from the table with shouts of 'yes Lynne!', while the incident made worldwide headlines, including on Fox News in the United States.

I have to say I found that article very confusing 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 8

PryingPenny

Chatty Member
This is a very crass thing to say but I'd wonder in this situation "who is going to w@nk to this?" and the answer is perverts with an interest in preteen bodies of either gender. Gross

PryingPenny

Chatty Member
Yet another time the majority of what is shown is pandering to the trans population (apparently a very small %). This poster was up in a health centre alongside one the same size saying how to 'check your chest'View attachment 2684954
Sorry to quote myself but it was at a sexual health clinic, and the form I had to fill in asked me my gender and then asked if that was the gender at birth. I mean surely there's an easier way? Some of the tests are the same if you're male or female, like the blood tests, but the last thing the clinic needs is Bob going in there and getting a vaginal swab kit and a pee in a cup pregnancy test when really that's not going to help anyone.

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
German is even worse because it has male, female and neutral. ( But I guess the weirdos would like that ).
Some of the neutral nouns are utterly random - car, museum, bed.
I could never get my head around why a table is male but a bed is neutral.
Or why a girl is neutral 'das madchen' 😀

I think that statement is still wishy washy. She's not coming right out and saying that women's sports are for women only.
---
Not Alan Cumming!

There are very few gay men who aren't men's rights activists - and why shouldn't they be? If it were the other way round I'd fuck men over with glee.

• Sad

Mugglewump

VIP Member
Aww shit. Now I don’t believe in invading the privacy of children and I wish this was not all over the papers - but if he is a parent of a kid going through this he cannot be trusted, he is emotionally invested. Helen Joyce is absolutely right about this.
Exactly, he'll inflict the ideology on all of us.

Scotch Mist

VIP Member
Yep, Edinburgh is hoaching. You can’t walk for a few minutes out of Waverley before spotting one. Glasgow isn’t far behind.
Is this all thanks to Nicola Sturgeon?

I live in London and I haven’t spotted any recently at all round my way.

VeniVidiVicki

VIP Member
Lmao as if the courts would pay any attention to change.org 😂😂😂 cope harder troons
But they did. Hudson only spent a week in a men’s prison and then was moved to a women’s for the rest of his sentence. He was supposed to be suing the MOJ but I can’t find anything out about what happened other than the date got moved.

• Angry
  • Wow

Notworthy

VIP Member
It's interesting that Paula Radcliffe has issued that statement. In the DM yesterday, there was a report about that interview and what they reported was her saying that it was a pity that there was so much 'viciousness flowing around' the debate of transathletes and 'insults being thrown from one side to another'. She also talked about everyone needing respect and us being all in it together. It was a classic 'sitting on the fence' position.

So I'm surprised that she says that the interview highlighted her view that commonsense fairness of competition must always be protected in women's sport. Did the DM completely misrepresent her position? Or has she had some backlash to her wishy washy comments?

I hope it's the former because I was extremely disappointed what was reported yesterday. I suspect it's the latter though, because she hasn't said in that statement that she was misrepresented and the DM is pretty good with its reporting on this issue as we know.
She's back tracked before

• Sad
Reactions: 7

weeweegie

VIP Member
Aside from JKR, who are some GC women you respect and admire pls? Not necessarily 'celebs' but those who speak out and do so in a considered and eloquent way.
Stella O’Malley and Sasha Ayed (they have a podcast together called gender a wider lens).
And Milli Hill.

• Heart

weeweegie

VIP Member
Just listening to the news on radio 4. The only headline mentioning the police was about a lack of officers. Even the story in the Mail has slipped quite far down the page. Women’s safety and dignity is not a priority.
I hope women’s hour pick the story up. Doubtful though.

petitspois

VIP Member
Is this still the case (women benefitting)? My friend’s daughter learned to drive recently and I made a comment along the lines of ‘at least the insurance will be cheaper than if it was a son learning’ and she said that insurance companies are no longer allowed to discriminate based on sex so the insurance was the same price irrespective of whether your son or daughter was learning.
Bastards! really? we just can't win

• Sad

Glaschelle

VIP Member
Men already did ballet. This doesn't make him any more of a woman.

Me and the old dear like drag queens. Goes back to the days of Danny La Rue, Lily Savage and old Mother Riley - no judgement please 😉😉😉

Anyway we went to see Funny Girls in Blackpool in September.

The show wasn't a patch on previous shows, from the backing dancers to the actual numbers. There was one drag queen who was fabulous!!! But to be honest, I've seen this guy doing his own act and thought he was great. Obviously more money to be made as a drag queen these days.

But!!! They had one queen who basically looked liked a rugby player!!! He was massive - big broad shoulders and muscles. You could practically see the stage vibrating when he was dancing.

There was nothing feminine about him. He just didn't "fit in" especially with the rest of cast.

Tofino

VIP Member
Oh this is what triggered the Davina issue. She’s had a chat with “Kenny”. It’s 40 minutes long so I’ve not watched it yet.

KJK and others in the comments. Looks like Davina just wants to ‘be kind’. She’s more captured than I thought.

241D8E83-9E0C-4C4A-93A4-58D00FDE8535.jpeg

• Sad