Gender Discussion #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
again with this breastfeeding tit.
72E50045-430B-46A4-B28F-2C3E3D09CE0F.jpeg

Induce milk duct development” like come on. Men Don’t have milk ducts🤡 hormones won’t magically make you grow them. Leave them babies alone😭

Female:
F8422EFD-52DE-4F91-9968-1ABD10F633A2.jpeg

Male:
C424321C-C7A4-4BAE-82DA-7E08C3E70F33.jpeg

No milk ducts = no nourishment for baby.

When will doctors start caring about the babies being brought into this world by these creeps?
On his Reddit page, he looks like a classic AGP

• Sick
  • Angry
Reactions: 32
View attachment 1775449
Induce milk duct development” like come on. Men Don’t have milk ducts🤡 hormones won’t magically make you grow them. Leave them babies alone😭

Female:
View attachment 1775463

Male:
View attachment 1775464

When will doctors start caring about the babies being brought into this world by these creeps?
Another bleeping loon. 😡

• Haha
Reactions: 11
View attachment 1775449

Female:
View attachment 1775463

Male:
View attachment 1775464

And again as usual refers to "girls " never women, of course. The whole thing is just vile

• Heart
Reactions: 16
tumblr_1bf25192d711bc1a97418c88d6ce8044_8af10012_2048.jpg
tumblr_77e790521c0c833a86f0f595046c3762_dcd98e25_2048.jpg

This really pisses me off. The fact that you don't fit cultural stereotypes of femininity doesn't mean that you are not a woman. If you try to pretend you aren't one, you still won't be excused for not fitting social norms. You should have been told nothing was wrong with you - because it is, in fact, perfectly OK not to be feminine. But you are still female. I've seen this in a lot of online spaces for East and South-East Asian people, and I've seen it in the real world too. These are cultures where gender roles are very rigid, so gay and GNC people start identifying as trans/non-binary to try to escape that pressure. Or they genuinely believe "if I don't fit what society says a man/woman is, that means I'm not really a man/woman." Another example is the Japanese women's footballer Kumi Yokoyama who struggled to be accepted as a lesbian in Japan, then she joined an American team and magically realised she was a trans "man." I have an SE Asian friend who got out of an abusive arranged marriage and was afraid of being pushed to re-marry, so she decided she was "non-binary." We do not need gender nonsense, we need real change and acceptance

The woman in this TikTok is ridiculous, she made this comic and she was criticised for drawing her partner to look nothing like himself so as to obscure that she was dating a white man (not wanting to play into the "all Asian women want white men" stereotype or to admit she really is a straight woman)

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
How do you guys feel about "normal" men wearing skirts?

I've seen so many on bumble/tinder here. Before I thought it was fine. Now I see it as a way for men to mock women. Even when they claim it's not as a joke or sexual there is usually more to it.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
I agree with that. In theory there’s nothing wrong with it, but in practice it’s all about attention-seeking and/or punching down on women.

• Heart

I've seen so many on bumble/tinder here. Before I thought it was fine. Now I see it as a way for men to mock women. Even when they claim it's not as a joke or sexual there is usually more to it.
If they’re not saying they’re female I see no issue? It’s fabric at the end of the day.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Anyone on tiktok is attention seeking, in the wild it doesn't bother me at all.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
View attachment 1775964View attachment 1775967

This really pisses me off. The fact that you don't fit cultural stereotypes of femininity doesn't mean that you are not a woman. If you try to pretend you aren't one, you still won't be excused for not fitting social norms. You should have been told nothing was wrong with you - because it is, in fact, perfectly OK not to be feminine. But you are still female. I've seen this in a lot of online spaces for East and South-East Asian people, and I've seen it in the real world too. These are cultures where gender roles are very rigid, so gay and GNC people start identifying as trans/non-binary to try to escape that pressure. Or they genuinely believe "if I don't fit what society says a man/woman is, that means I'm not really a man/woman." Another example is the Japanese women's footballer Kumi Yokoyama who struggled to be accepted as a lesbian in Japan, then she joined an American team and magically realised she was a trans "man." I have an SE Asian friend who got out of an abusive arranged marriage and was afraid of being pushed to re-marry, so she decided she was "non-binary." We do not need gender nonsense, we need real change and acceptance

The woman in this TikTok is ridiculous, she made this comic and she was criticised for drawing her partner to look nothing like himself so as to obscure that she was dating a white man (not wanting to play into the "all Asian women want white men" stereotype or to admit she really is a straight woman)
Preachhhh, that always pissed me off too. It’s all based off sexist stereotypes 😭 like duck off with that

Reactions: 10
Scottish Women's Aid can duck off as well.
I had watched Dopesick recently and it highlighted how Purdue pharma had funded lots of advocacy groups. The same has happened in Scotland….the likes of woman’s aid and rape crisis Scotland who should have the needs of woman front and centre instead are mouthpieces of Sturgeon. Both receive a sizeable funding from SG so are not going to be critical of any policies.

I also wonder if it is their lawyers/people around them suggesting this as an option? not sure if I am overly cynical...
no probably not as Scottish prisoners had a high proportion on a kosher diet before….just to cost SPS more. This will be individuals playing the system as well as a proportion who are predators as well as some you think it may lead to sex.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
If they’re not saying they’re female I see no issue? It’s fabric at the end of the day.
My husband wears a kilt on formal occasions and when we lived in the south east would occasionally wear one of my skirts at home when it was really roasting hot (2nd floor flat, no garden). Doesn't bother me.

Reactions: 12
I would have used to say that. But now I know about AGP my suspicions are now just raised when I see it. I am much more awake to how men behave when wearing women's clothes. Often they turn it into a joke and start acting in really misogynistic ways. I was at a ceilidh a while back and there was a guy (I assumed he was gay as he was very camp) who was wearing a mini-skirt and he was constantly trying to get attention for himself, he'd go into the centre of the room and do death drops or other sexualised moves in the breaks. It felt very 'hahaha, look at me I'm wearing a SKIRT'. Which, in a room of men literally wearing skirts (kilts), looks bleeping ridiculous ridiculous imo.

It's like a white person wearing dreadlocks doing a mock Jamaican accent and expecting black people to applaud them.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Doesn’t bother me either what men wear. Always telling my wee boy that boys can wear what they want, as can girls. It’s when men are applauded for it, for example that older guy who wears skirts and heels with like suit jackets and things. And he’s hailed as a hero on social media. No. He’s just a guy wearing a skirt and heels. If we’re going to normalise it then we’ll have to stop highlighting it the way we do and also (I’m sorry to say) but women need to stop pandering to men like that. The whole ‘he looks amazing, better legs than me’ things. Just STOP IT. No one has been praising Jean over there for wearing a trouser suit and sensible shoes her whole life, so why do we do it to men?

• Heart
Reactions: 40
I too couldn't give a tit what anyone wears, but men are applauded for it when they're just clothes. Look at the adoration Harry Styles gets for doing what Bowie and Jagger and everyone else was doing 50 years ago.

• Heart
Reactions: 27

I’ve got no problem with it, in theory it’s just an item of clothing. Skirts/dresses/gowns are a common item of clothing in lots of other cultures after all. I’m talking about skirts tailored and designed for men though, not some flippy, floaty floral number from SHEIN or something that’s an obvious attempt to get either some kind of frisson or attention - I think it’s fairly obvious when a man is wearing it as part of a paraphilia. I do love a man in a kilt though, especially if it’s a Feileadh Mor or ‘great kilt’.

View attachment 1775449

Female:
View attachment 1775463

Male:
View attachment 1775464

I feel so sorry for the poor kids who are going to be brought into this situation.
This individual cites their reason for transitioning is because they wanted to be a father and they have written a blog post about how great a father they will be to their imaginary child. I can't even with the delusion.

Also in a different blog post they talk about how they came to the realisation they were trans. Basically they are a comedian and did a crappy joke about being a mother on stage. The joke bombed and that's how they realised they should be a father and not a mother.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
I also used to think men wearing skirts was ok but now I see it as punching down as well. Kind of like cultural appropriation. It’s only appreciation if there’s no power imbalance. In the case of skirts, in modern times they’re so associated with women that for a man to wear one does seem mocking to me.

long hair on a man doesn’t bother me, which is interesting, I guess because that’s not so associated with AGP in my mind.

Reactions: 6
I also used to think men wearing skirts was ok but now I see it as punching down as well. Kind of like cultural appropriation. It’s only appreciation if there’s no power imbalance. In the case of skirts, in modern times they’re so associated with women that for a man to wear one does seem mocking to me.

long hair on a man doesn’t bother me, which is interesting, I guess because that’s not so associated with AGP in my mind.
My advice to men r.e hair is that if you are 25+ and you've still got it then you should flaunt the fact you've won the male genetic lottery, and if you are under 25 enjoy it while it lasts. 😆

• Haha
Doesn’t bother me either what men wear. Always telling my wee boy that boys can wear what they want, as can girls. It’s when men are applauded for it, for example that older guy who wears skirts and heels with like suit jackets and things. And he’s hailed as a hero on social media. No. He’s just a guy wearing a skirt and heels. If we’re going to normalise it then we’ll have to stop highlighting it the way we do and also (I’m sorry to say) but women need to stop pandering to men like that. The whole ‘he looks amazing, better legs than me’ things. Just STOP IT. No one has been praising Jean over there for wearing a trouser suit and sensible shoes her whole life, so why do we do it to men?
Yes I totally agree. Why do women praise men for wearing a skirt? Especially when they don't generally look better than a woman.

I used to admire Eddie Izzard for being an unconventional dresser and having the courage to be different but now he claims to be a woman he can sod off!

Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.