Gender Discussion #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This is so disturbing. They are literally talking about harvesting womens bodies for their fetish. It reminds me of that sad video of frozen children from China getting their organs illegally harvested.
1B03B606-B98E-4EA2-BF1B-C6FED128A666.jpeg

“free range uterus” like they talking about collecting chicken eggs.🤢

• Sick
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Men just have so many paraphilias that I'm generally suspicious of them wearing 'women's' clothes.

• Heart
Reactions: 27
If they’re not saying they’re female I see no issue? It’s fabric at the end of the day.
That's how I feel and I might be weird but I enjoy seeing men have fun with fashion!!
This is one thing that I think has been a more positive recent change!

That said, if I am buying a dress off a website and they want to show it on a man's body, they better ALSO have it shown on a woman's body!! 🙄

Reactions: 8
That's how I feel and I might be weird but I enjoy seeing men have fun with fashion!!
This is one thing that I think has been a more positive recent change!

That said, if I am buying a dress off a website and they want to show it on a man's body, they better ALSO have it shown on a woman's body!! 🙄
Yeah and I feel there’s some contradiction here. Most people agree that we shouldn’t adhere to gender roles - so if a girl likes traditional “boy” things that doesn’t make her a boy and vice versa.

But then when it’s applied to certain things, like men wearing skirts but still saying they’re men - some of those same people will then change their minds and say it shouldn’t happen. So then they’re saying men should adhere to gender roles in their eyes.

I’m a man with zero interest in wearing skirts but I don’t care what others choose to do.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
This is why I opt out of organ donation. I don't want some bloke getting my uterus. It's tit, because people might lose out on other healthy organs but it's not a risk I'm prepared to take.

• Sad
Reactions: 19
@The True Venus ♀ I think it’s time to stop looking at these Reddit threads. You will only find scary and disturbing things! I’d rather go my whole life never knowing what these people are saying online, for the sake of my mental health.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Yeah and I feel there’s some contradiction here. Most people agree that we shouldn’t adhere to gender roles - so if a girl likes traditional “boy” things that doesn’t make her a boy and vice versa.

But then when it’s applied to certain things, like men wearing skirts but still saying they’re men - some of those same people will then change their minds and say it shouldn’t happen. So then they’re saying men should adhere to gender roles in their eyes.

I’m a man with zero interest in wearing skirts but I don’t care what others choose to do.
I take your point that there’s a contradiction but - as previous posters have been saying - a man dressing in a skirt is so rarely a “neutral” act. There’s always an undertone of something suss, be it blatant autogynephilia, a subtle mockery of female behaviour, or at the very least the expectation of attention and applause for being SO progressive.

@BlairWaldorf86 made a really interesting point about cultural appropriation that I hadn’t considered before. It kind of is. The power imbalance of a man adopting dress belonging to an oppressed group.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
This is why I opt out of organ donation. I don't want some bloke getting my uterus. It's tit, because people might lose out on other healthy organs but it's not a risk I'm prepared to take.
I’ve just went on the organ donor website to double check what you can opt out on. I’ve opted out of eyes and tissue. Yes to the rest (it specifies heart, lungs etc). Uterus isn’t on the list so I’d imagine they couldn’t take it. It wouldn’t be life saving if it was going to a TIM
so there’s no way they’d take it. The thought haunts me too but it’s not a possibility. It’s still important to me to be a donor though.

Reactions: 11
Uterus transplants from females to females aren’t considered reliably safe at the moment. I don’t see this happening from females to males any time soon to be honest.

There would be so many factors to consider - even if you were to transplant a female uterus into a male body, we don’t know if it would be functional.

It would be hugely complicated - they’d need to widen the pelvic canal, they’d need to create a vaginal canal, there are loads of other involved parts of human anatomy that are required to support the uterus that a male wouldn’t have, and for the organ itself not to be rejected they’d need to be put on a tonne of hormones. I also read that where women have received uterus transplants, they don’t keep the uterus in the body for long after a child has been birthed because they have to be on immunosuppressant therapy which isn’t ideal to be on forever.

I suppose the point wouldn’t necessarily be for trans women be able to have children but it sounds like if it’s dangerous to keep a uterus transplant indefinitely, they at least wouldn’t transplant it into a male that just wants a uterus/has no immediate intention to become pregnant, even if they could do so. “Vaginal” birth would be extremely unsafe and even a Caesarian seems unlikely. The odds in favour of this working are tiny.

I know it’s a crazy world and nothing seems impossible, but I just want to reassure people I guess. If women can’t reliably receive safe uterus transplants from other women yet, we must be decades off being able to transplant a uterus into a man successfully.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
@The True Venus ♀ I think it’s time to stop looking at these Reddit threads. You will only find scary and disturbing things! I’d rather go my whole life never knowing what these people are saying online, for the sake of my mental health.
I mean I spent my whole childhood online, me and my friends back in high school have seen worse things 😂 I won’t mention it here tho. But this goes to show how they view female anatomy, it’s not something you treat like a new tire for a car - it’s a female human organ😵💫

Reactions: 8
I too couldn't give a tit what anyone wears, but men are applauded for it when they're just clothes. Look at the adoration Harry Styles gets for doing what Bowie and Jagger and everyone else was doing 50 years ago.
I never get this, does no one have any memory? It never seems to be pointed out jn the media that men wearing makeup and "women's " clothing is not a new thing, what Harry styles etc is doing is nothing revolutionary. Ditto the whole "non binary" thing for women, the androgynous look was completely normal, no one needed to pretend they weren't a woman to wear "masculine" clothes. Society is just regressing in so many ways, it is depressing

Uterus transplants from females to females aren’t considered reliably safe at the moment. I don’t see this happening from females to males any time soon to be honest.

There would be so many factors to consider - even if you were to transplant a female uterus into a male body, we don’t know if it would be functional.

It would be hugely complicated - they’d need to widen the pelvic canal, they’d need to create a vaginal canal, there are loads of other involved parts of human anatomy that are required to support the uterus that a male wouldn’t have, and for the organ itself not to be rejected they’d need to be put on a tonne of hormones. I also read that where women have received uterus transplants, they don’t keep the uterus in the body for long after a child has been birthed because they have to be on immunosuppressant therapy which isn’t ideal to be on forever.

I suppose the point wouldn’t necessarily be for trans women be able to have children but it sounds like if it’s dangerous to keep a uterus transplant indefinitely, they at least wouldn’t transplant it into a male that just wants a uterus/has no immediate intention to become pregnant, even if they could do so. “Vaginal” birth would be extremely unsafe and even a Caesarian seems unlikely. The odds in favour of this working are tiny.

I know it’s a crazy world and nothing seems impossible, but I just want to reassure people I guess. If women can’t reliably receive safe uterus transplants from other women yet, we must be decades off being able to transplant a uterus into a man successfully.
Safe or not, no doubt soon some unscrupulous doctors will try it out with probably disastrous results

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
I never get this, does no one have any memory? It never seems to be pointed out jn the media that men wearing makeup and "women's " clothing is not a new thing, what Harry styles etc is doing is nothing revolutionary. Ditto the whole "non binary" thing for women, the androgynous look was completely normal, no one needed to pretend they weren't a woman to wear "masculine" clothes. Society is just regressing in so many ways, it is depressing

Safe or not, no doubt soon some unscrupulous doctors will try it out with probably disastrous results
yeah, I can see it happening in countries where organ harvesting is prevalent, and where surgery is unregulated, to disastrous results. just want to reassure those of us in the UK RE organ donation.

I agree with you about your first point too like I think the fact all this talk has become more popular now signals a tightening of gender roles. There’s so much pressure on women to conform to femininity now that people ask you if you’re nonbinary if you’re under 35, don’t wear makeup and have short hair.

• Sad
Reactions: 9
yeah, I can see it happening in countries where organ harvesting is prevalent, and where surgery is unregulated, to disastrous results. just want to reassure those of us in the UK RE organ donation.

I agree with you about your first point too like I think the fact all this talk has become more popular now signals a tightening of gender roles. There’s so much pressure on women to conform to femininity now that people ask you if you’re nonbinary if you’re under 35, don’t wear makeup and have short hair.
Yeh, but i do worry it will end up like surrogacy, ie people going to poorer countries and exploiting the lack of regulation

• Sad
Reactions: 11

It is absolutely impossible. It is science fiction. Women are not baby ovens. They create the baby from their own tissue, nourish it through their blood, grow a whole organ to keep it alive. It’s convenient for the oven theory for commercial surrogacy, but the reality is all babies start as part of her body. A uterus transplant would be rejected by a man’s body because it does not belong there. As you say, if a transplant can no be made from woman to woman to allow her to carry a child, why can’t the research be done on that, rather than science fiction for men with a birth fetish.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Mermaids now facing a full, official enquiry. No way they can possibly survive this. By bye you poisonous charlatans

• Heart
Reactions: 46

David Bowie wore a dress on the cover of The Man Who Sold the World in 1970. It's all been done before.

Reactions: 23
It is absolutely impossible. It is science fiction. Women are not baby ovens. They create the baby from their own tissue, nourish it through their blood, grow a whole organ to keep it alive. It’s convenient for the oven theory for commercial surrogacy, but the reality is all babies start as part of her body. A uterus transplant would be rejected by a man’s body because it does not belong there. As you say, if a transplant can no be made from woman to woman to allow her to carry a child, why can’t the research be done on that, rather than science fiction for men with a birth fetish.
Yes! It just seems so far-fetched. I am not an expert in this area at all so don’t want to give a definitive opinion but the odds are stacked so far against it. There are loads of issues around female reproductive health that are more urgent and more realistic to research. The level of scientific understanding isn’t surprising given it comes from the same bunch of people who think a vagina is just a hole.

Gov.uk statement on Mermaids - a lot of emphasis on trustees here but the whole lot of them are being examined. Probably has something to do with Breslow id imagine. I wonder if the CC have found anything else? https://www.gov.uk/government/news/regulator-announces-statutory-inquiry-into-mermaids

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.