Gender Discussion #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nothing to add. ☺
If you are new here, please read the Wiki and a few posts (the most liked ones if possible).

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Mansplaining drives me crazy. Have a male colleague who does this to me even though we are on the same level and I have more experience and length of service. Always trying to get someone else to do the work and him taking the glory. Makes me seethe!

Reactions: 20
(By the time I finished writing this the thread had moved on, so this is from the previous thread)

LGB was a community that was formed because mainstream culture did not accept homosexuality. People created their fashions and clubs and places they could be themselves. By adding all the letters and all the made up letters especially Q - everyone can be part of it. It’s the ‘everyone is special so no one is’ conformity. It leads to social contagion where young people all want to join the cool club. And for actual LGB people - doesn’t it feel like everyone has joined your club and taken all the tables and left you without a place to sit?
bib: I personally think that the gender identity half of the alphabet should be it’s own movement. I quietly get on with life, no one knows I’m a lesbian unless my relationship status pops up in conversation and I don’t shout it from the rooftops. I’m very average! I find the majority of people within the gender movement make it their entire personality and it feels like you have to tiptoe around them so as not to offend over something.

The LGB community has fought over the years for their right to not be vilified for their sexuality, for it to be decriminalised, to not be fired for it, for the right to marriage, to just be able to live a boring, mediocre life. It’s thanks to those people that I don’t have to hide a part of me.

Now however, the gender identity movement has came along jumped on the back of it and made outrageous demands that we should suspend disbelief when they tell us men can become women and vice versa, that we’re bigots if we’re not interested in them, that they want access to spaces that wouldn’t ordinarily be open to them etc etc etc and are vicious and demanding when all those needs aren’t met. They’re taking the absolute piss out of hard won gains from those before them and thrown it back in their faces.

It used to be that the LGB community, although not perfect, was welcoming because it understood what it was to feel on the outside and I think that’s why the gender identity part latched on. Now it’s full of petulant bullies who threaten to cancel you if you don’t do what they say. I hate telling people I’m gay now, not because of any kind of shame, but in case they think I’m like one of the gender cultists.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I've asked the mods if they can put a wiki button at the top of these threads to make it easier to find.

Reactions: 20
I wonder how long Brian will keep up womanface now that he has the scholarship 🤔

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 23
I’m not bothered if men win beauty pageants. They can have them. But I did expect that the inevitable first trans Miss America would be more like a Blaire White type. This is… odd to say the least. Will he be going to the national pageant?

Reactions: 12
I’m inclined to agree, I really don’t like what they stand for BUT aren’t there often scholarships associated with the prizes? It seems like a financial reward or opportunity has been taken from a woman and given to a man. That’s what bothers me about his winning.

I’m not bothered if men win beauty pageants. They can have them. But I did expect that the inevitable first trans Miss America would be more like a Blaire White type. This is… odd to say the least. Will he be going to the national pageant?

Reactions: 25
Many people with similar ideas in the comments;

Let’s be honest. It doesn’t matter now who else competes in these types of things. The trans person will always win because everyone is too scared to let them lose in case they are cancelled or called transphobic. There is literally no point in any one else showing up Or doing anything. There never had a chance.
It’s not stunning and brave if you are nominated and win womens awards and accolades. It’s political for that organisation to save face and reputation. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if they actively looked for trans people to compete to help boost their profile.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Let’s be honest. It doesn’t matter now who else competes in these types of things. The trans person will always win because everyone is too scared to let them lose in case they are cancelled or called transphobic. There is literally no point in any one else showing up Or doing anything. There never had a chance.
It’s not stunning and brave if you are nominated and win womens awards and accolades. It’s political for that organisation to save face and reputation. In fact I wouldn’t be surprised if they actively looked for trans people to compete to help boost their profile.
This exactly ^^^
The only way that women are going to beat this, is by not participating. As I said at the time, the (female) UPenn swimmers should have refused to compete with a man in their team. If they all stick together, what is the school going to do, get rid of all of them? There would be an outcry.
The beauty pageant contestants should have refused to participate, there are plenty of drag beauty contests where Brian could have cut his teeth as a contestant. Of course, I don't suppose he feels quite so stunning and brave when up against 20 other transvestites. And he won't get a woman's scholarship prize there either 😡

Reactions: 39
Yes, just look at the winning men in the “non binary” category in the NY marathon recently. The fastest time was like 25 mins slower than the fastest women. Pathetic.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Yeah… poor trans who lack self confidence and suffer from dysphoria…

Blatant homophobia.

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 32
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.