Gender Discussion #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
JK Rowling has sent a crate of Champagne to the woman who heckled Sturgeon 😍 brilliant

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
The hate JK Rowling has received is unjustified and insane.

I have read so much of her posts and articles and I haven't been able to find anything Transphobic at all. It feels like certain groups wanted her to come out as a staunch advocate and when she didn't they decided to tear her apart (because that's what we do with women we don't agree with). I have asked for examples (in a not arsy way just to be clear!!) and have never been given any, just been told she is and not to question it basically.

I was told to not read my children her books because not only were the transphobic but racist. Apparently the female character Dolores Umbridge was actually a tans women who had been vilified... something to do with her having large hands or a hairy chin.. because as we all know, "cis" women are only allowed to to petit and delicate and hair free 🙄.

I have read her books countless times and NEVER got that impression, perhaps my focus was more on seeing an abused child like myself (Harry locked in a cupboard, unloved) finding his feet and place in the world. Once I heard the accusation I read back over it and I can honestly say their claim is a reach of a reach because even looking for it I couldn’t find it!!

It just feels like a lot of hate comes from a total misunderstanding of and fetizistion of what it means to be a woman. Like they resent us for for some imagined privilege that we don't actually have.

On the other side trans men seem to get on in the world just fine, they never seem to demonise "cis" men and want to tear them appart or want to be placed higher than them.

I just think it's all so bizzare, and I can't believe so many people are going along with it unquestioningly because they fear being labelled as anti-trans. No one is allowed to discuss anything anymore and women are just expected to put aside their trauma and fear for someone else's comfort, AGAIN!!

• Heart
Reactions: 44
The hate JK Rowling has received is unjustified and insane.

I have read so much of her posts and articles and I haven't been able to find anything Transphobic at all. It feels like certain groups wanted her to come out as a staunch advocate and when she didn't they decided to tear her apart (because that's what we do with women we don't agree with). I have asked for examples (in a not arsy way just to be clear!!) and have never been given any, just been told she is and not to question it basically.

I was told to not read my children her books because not only were the transphobic but racist. Apparently the female character Dolores Umbridge was actually a tans women who had been vilified... something to do with her having large hands or a hairy chin.. because as we all know, "cis" women are only allowed to to petit and delicate and hair free 🙄.

I have read her books countless times and NEVER got that impression, perhaps my focus was more on seeing an abused child like myself (Harry locked in a cupboard, unloved) finding his feet and place in the world. Once I heard the accusation I read back over it and I can honestly say their claim is a reach of a reach because even looking for it I couldn’t find it!!

It just feels like a lot of hate comes from a total misunderstanding of and fetizistion of what it means to be a woman. Like they resent us for for some imagined privilege that we don't actually have.

On the other side trans men seem to get on in the world just fine, they never seem to demonise "cis" men and want to tear them appart or want to be placed higher than them.

I just think it's all so bizzare, and I can't believe so many people are going along with it unquestioningly because they fear being labelled as anti-trans. No one is allowed to discuss anything anymore and women are just expected to put aside their trauma and fear for someone else's comfort, AGAIN!!
This is (yet another) problem of social media, I would bet my flat on the fact that the majority of people complaining about her have not read any of what she wrote, just saw a quick tweet and made up their minds without questioning it checking for themselves

Reactions: 30
The way they think all the horrible side effects are natural in females. I remember reading one who'd had the op and was elated because he'd started smelling "fishy" down there. It must have been a nasty infection but to him it was a sign of womanhood.
Lmaoo reminds me of this

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
This is (yet another) problem of social media, I would bet my flat on the fact that the majority of people complaining about her have not read any of what she wrote, just saw a quick tweet and made up their minds without questioning it checking for themselves
Yep someone on this forum actually tried to use JK rowling as an example of ‘problematic’ in a discussion we were having, that said all I needed to know about them so didn’t engage further 🤣 Couldnt be bothered to go into the whole thing where you ask them to provide actual evidence and they come up blank

Reactions: 20
I hate it when trans supporters trot out the 'we want people to be who they want to be' and 'love rules' tit. OK then, let's let the men into our sports teams, our prison cells, our hospital wards and toilets. Let's see how much they want to 'love' us then. They kill enough of us as it is.

• Sad
Reactions: 22
I csannot even believe people are asking this question tbh, do people think getting pregnant is just about having a vagina?! I despair for the state of science education
The education is there. We all pay continuously for it. 11 years of State Education , 5 - 16 yrs old.
The problem is in the enabling teachers attitudes ( not the conscientious, proper teachers who do their jobs correctly) & the laziness of certain students/ attendance, etc.

Reactions: 10
The article says that “50 per cent of the trans prisoners currently incarcerated in Scottish prisons only discovered their new gender identity after they were charged”. I wonder how many of these prisoners have a history of violent or sexual abuse of women.
I also wonder if it is their lawyers/people around them suggesting this as an option? not sure if I am overly cynical...

Reactions: 13
I hate it when trans supporters trot out the 'we want people to be who they want to be' and 'love rules' tit. OK then, let's let the men into our sports teams, our prison cells, our hospital wards and toilets. Let's see how much they want to 'love' us then. They kill enough of us as it is.
These idiots think everyone can sit cross-legged in circles on grassy hills, making daisy-chains together.
They know nothing of the World at large ; peoples problems, have never been told " no" to their faces , and are brainwashed by idealistic morons who ingratiate themselves into positions of influence ( certain college lecturers, for example, or from on line websites.....etc )

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Lmaoo reminds me of this
Have you noticed they can’t describe their surgical complications without saying “But I still don’t regret it! duck TERFs!”

I’m glad they’re getting noticed though. Recently we’ve seen the Dr Gallagher patient who had a double mastectomy with awful complications, this one with his neovagina going wrong, and I’ve also seen a TIF talking about her phalloplasty going wrong on Tiktok (she even quoted a stat that said up to 60% of phallo patients have complications. SIXTY PER CENT).

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 17
Have you noticed they can’t describe their surgical complications without saying “But I still don’t regret it! duck TERFs!”

I’m glad they’re getting noticed though. Recently we’ve seen the Dr Gallagher patient who had a double mastectomy with awful complications, this one with his neovagina going wrong, and I’ve also seen a TIF talking about her phalloplasty going wrong on Tiktok (she even quoted a stat that said up to 60% of phallo patients have complications. SIXTY PER CENT).
Imagine having any other huge surgery, have it go massively wrong and basically create life long health implications (the long term effects of which we don't even know) and "not regret it"

Reactions: 14
Ladies, if you don’t look like Jessica rabbit you’re doing womanhood wrong!
DD278A37-7BC3-4A13-A146-6F3B66D1ED9B.jpeg

Forgetting that real women gain weight during puberty as our oestrogen/progesterone levels rise. What’s with the unrealistic standards?😂
F316EC17-FFD6-42BC-A30A-02F5F5111D21.jpeg

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.