Gender Discussion #36

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How relevant even is regret anyway? If I cut my own leg off and don't regret it, it's probably because I'm mental, not because removing the leg has improved my life.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Has anyone read Men Who Hate Women by Laura Bates? I'm about halfway through it now and it's horrifying and eye-opening. She's the woman behind the Everyday Sexism Project.

Reactions: 17
I also wonder if it is their lawyers/people around them suggesting this as an option? not sure if I am overly cynical...
It does seem like it’s being influenced by someone, whether it’s other predators, the movement, or lawyers. I think we need to know the circumstances behind statistics like this, like are these prisoners abusers and is the correlation because they are AGPs - which would be valuable to know as the TRA movement suggests there are barely any of these - that there is a link between transitioning and predatory behaviour, or does it prove that male predators do transition to gain access to women? I suppose all could be true.

Have you noticed they can’t describe their surgical complications without saying “But I still don’t regret it! duck TERFs!”
Yes and I think it’s sad. As much as these activists annoy me I feel bad for young people indoctrinated into it and who often get the work done before they’re 21. To think people encourage their teenage children to get it.

If these victims ever went full throttle slamming dodgy surgeons without adding a “no TERFs” disclaimer, they’d get ripped apart by their own community, never mind if they started asking questions about the safety of the procedures overall. It’s fucked, like how can your first response to a peer being mutilated be “I hope you’re not a TERF” rather than “how could someone do this to you”. Worse still is that second phrase is often labelled a “TERF dogwhistle”.

I think that’s why it’s taken so long for this to kick into gear - there’s safety in numbers and people will feel less afraid of speaking out if they’re not alone, and it’s only now a remotely sizeable number of them are talking about it.

it’s a terribly selfish movement - the going opinion seems to be putting one’s own right to risk the surgery above peers’ safety.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Being intersex is not “as common as being a redhead”, yet again probably lumping in PCOS as being “intersex” (it isn’t) and even if it were it wouldn’t justify men being in women’s spaces. I am so sick of seeing PCOS used as a “gotcha”, another example is “women with PCOS have higher testosterone thus men can compete in women’s sports” (a woman with PCOS does not have testosterone levels as high as a man)

• Angry
Reactions: 23
View attachment 1772228
wtf is this? Found this under Jeffrey’s insta 💀 intersex conditions doesn’t mean the sex binary isn’t real. There’s 2 sexes because there’s 2 gametes produced.
What I find interesting is that when a trans person turns up in an intersex space waffling on about "identifying as intersex" or "transitioning to intersex" at least 75% of comments will be "impossible! You can't identify as intersex if you're perisex/endosex" or "you get born intersex and you can't transition to intersex from male or female" - all of which, as a proud intersex person I agree with 100%.

But probably 99% of intersex people believe you can identify as a man if you're a woman and vice versa, and you can transition from male to female and vice versa.

That's dangerously illogical thought process because ultimately we intersex will be forced to accept transintersex because the community accepts transmen and transwomen. Gradually people are being accepted into the intersex community based on feelings and with ridiculously unbelievable stories and so many blatant lies being told and swallowed and think it's because wannabes hiding in the community don't really understand the conditions they claim to have so they can't sniff out the fakes. But intersex groups are so captured you can't question it without being thrown out and I can't help questioning it because I'm not delusional.

Being intersex is not “as common as being a redhead”, yet again probably lumping in PCOS as being “intersex” (it isn’t) and even if it were it wouldn’t justify men being in women’s spaces.
So true. It baffles me why normal xx women with pcos or normal xy men with hypospadias are so eager to be seen as intersex. It's actually crappy to be intersex.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
if anyone was in doubt of it you just need to browse reddit really. I cannot remember if I mentioned this here or elsewhere, but remember the trilogy Girl with the dragon tattoo? The original title was "men who hate women" and it was changed for the english speaking version (not sure about other languages but in Italian and Spanish it was kept to the original )

Nah, watching red pill videos of men comparing sexually active adult women to an overused and rundown object that's undesirable made me realise this.

another example is “women with PCOS have higher testosterone thus men can compete in women’s sports” (a woman with PCOS does not have testosterone levels as high as a man)
I did my research on testosterone levels in men and women.
I think it said adult men have around 300 - 1,000 nanograms and adult women have about 15-70. The difference is HUGE.

Last edited:
I did my research on testosterone levels in men and women.
I think it said adult men have around 300 - 1,000 nanograms and adult women have about 15-70. The difference is HUGE.
I saw a really good Substack post not too long ago that shared many screencaps from social media of TIFs encouraging each other not to worry about vaginal atrophy as a side effect of testosterone, because "all 'AFABs' (women) have vaginal atrophy after menopause so you would have got it anyway." The author then produced evidence to show that menopausal women still have much higher levels of female hormones than TIFs on testosterone, so if they do experience vaginal atrophy (not all do) it still won't be anywhere near as severe. Even IF all menopausal women had vaginal atrophy, there's a big difference between that happening naturally, vs inflicting it on yourself 20 or 30 years early

• Wow
Reactions: 14
The bottom line is that hormones are incredibly powerful, and their effects so numerous and still so little understood, it's just not a good idea to mess with them unless absolutely necessary for (physically!) life saving reasons.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I was given the ol’ ‘there are as many intersex people as there are redheads’ line when I questioned the fat mess male bodybuilder… Hubbard was it? Even if that was not plucked out of the air and repeated constantly (not even true), I wouldn’t give a tit. What’s that got to do with males in female sports?!

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I was given the ol’ ‘there are as many intersex people as there are redheads’ line when I questioned the fat mess male bodybuilder… Hubbard was it? Even if that was not plucked out of the air and repeated constantly (not even true), I wouldn’t give a tit. What’s that got to do with males in female sports?!
would love to find out where this alleged statistic comes from

Reactions: 5
Sorry, slightly off topic but can anyone recommend any good trans/gender critical related documentaries/programmes? Thanks!! ☺

Reactions: 1
The murderer of two women, Mark Brown of East Sussex - reported in the Daily Mail of "murdering two sex workers" (not linking)

Not a SWIW advocate at all, but when a man is murdered, is it ever reported via their occupation?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.