Gender Discussion #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Posted this on the unpopular opinions thread by mistake but I just saw someone talking about building a “snowperson” instead of a “snowman” and I swear to god I feel like hurting someone 😐

Possibly Sam Smith. the world is fucked.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Nurses want out of Stonewall! I can't link to the article, but I'll put the text behind a spoiler

Hundreds of nurses have called on their regulatory body to withdraw from a diversity scheme run by Stonewall, warning that affiliation with the charity risks harming the reputation of the profession.

Some 460 nurses have written to the Nursing and Midwifery Council demanding that it pulls out of the paid-for scheme, which aims to make workplaces more inclusive for LGBT people.

The charity has been mired in controversy over its gender identity views. It has said people should be able to access single-sex hospital wards based on the gender they identify as.

Several organisations, including the BBC and the Department of Health, have recently withdrawn from the diversity programme over concerns about Stonewall’s position on gender.

The nurses said that they did not support Stonewall’s stance over the medication of children who present with gender dysphoria and its view that patients should be able to access single-sex wards based on their gender identity.

ADVERTISEMENT They also highlighted the charity’s behaviour towards those who speak out on gender ideology or challenge its influence, saying that it was vitally important for nurses to speak out for the rights and needs of women patients.

One of the signatories wrote: “I support the needs of trans people — but not to the eradication of women and women’s rights.” Another wrote that they felt unable to protect female patients over fear of being seen as discriminating: “I feel I am unable to protect my female/women patients, and advocate for them without fear of recrimination.”

Eighty-eight per cent of nurses and 99 per cent of midwives are female.

Organised by the campaign group Woman’s Place UK, the letter to the Nursing and Midwifery Council read: “The history of Stonewall to promote equality and safeguard the rights of the LGBT community is one to celebrate.

“However, nursing affiliations must be based on evidence not ideology and judged on current record and strategy, not legacy achievements and reputation.

“We believe that as a profession, there is specific risk to the reputation of nurses and our ability to work within our code from the NMC’s affiliation with Stonewall.”

Andrea Sutcliffe, the NMC’s chief executive, said it knew of the letter and would respond in due course. “We’re aware of Woman’s Place UK’s letter, although it hasn’t been sent to us directly yet,’ she said.

A Stonewall spokesperson said: “This petition is littered with inaccuracies and misinformation. It is disgraceful that these groups continue to misrepresent our diversity champions programme, which simply provides support to organisations to build inclusive workplace environments.

“Ultimately, it is lesbian, gay, bi, trans and queer people who are harmed by these kinds of baseless attacks.”

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Posted this on the unpopular opinions thread by mistake but I just saw someone talking about building a “snowperson” instead of a “snowman” and I swear to god I feel like hurting someone 😐

Possibly Sam Smith. the world is fucked.
Any time Sam Smith is mentioned I feel the need to say I hate that guy 🤣

And snowperson, wowzers 🤪🤪🤪

• Haha
Reactions: 15
My dear long-departed father had a saying when someone was stirring something: "so and so's got his prick in the custard again".

I feel that is a very appropriate comment for this thread, and the whole TRA 'debate' in general.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I’m surprised Ellie didn’t go full DARVO, which is to say “If you think me cosplaying as a masturbating child is wrong, maybe YOU’RE the one sexualising children and you need your hard drive checked.”

That’s a good one 🙄
Oh I know. Some of the apologists in the replies were saying "but kids do masturbate from a young age" - riiight, so what does that have to do with grown man dressing a child and pretending to masturbate? Oh right, because it's a joke 🙄 nah. It's fucked up and these p*do apologists know it's wrong, but hide behind "queerness" because they think it absolves them of any criticism.

• Sick
Reactions: 18
Is Canada ok? Inviting a man to speak at a memorial about women being massacred because they were women?
I wanted to post about this earlier but we were invaded by the trans inclusive lesbian.

What a bleeping insult to these women. This is what happened:

On 6 December 1989, a man entered a mechanical engineering classroom at Montreal’s École Polytechnique armed with a semi-automatic weapon. After separating the women from the men, he opened fire on the women while screaming, “You are all feminists.” Fourteen young women were murdered, and 13 other people were wounded. The shooter then turned the gun on himself. In his suicide note, he blamed feminists for ruining his life.

14 women gunned down by a man who despised women, and to commemorate that we have a trans woman discussing violence against trans women, one example being groped in a bar? By all means have that discussion… elsewhere. Hold your own event and don’t piggyback onto this one. Shame on the people who’ve allowed this.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 30
Poor Desmond the “drag kid” is another excellent example of an autistic child brainwashed into thinking being surrounded by whooping males throwing money at him is normal.
His parents belong in jail. God, the fuss and vitriol some people aim at child beauty pageants… but if it’s a gay “trans” kid suddenly it’s lovely and wholesome.
These people - and their apologists - make me sick.

Reactions: 20
BBC's 100 women of 2021 includes a trans-identified male, as per previous years.

The whole point of these lists is to lift up and recognise women who are often overlooked because of their biological sex. How about Kathleen Stock, or JK Rowling for the torrential abuse and threats they received? A woman lost out on recognition because of this.

I of course complained, please consider doing the same. They may have left Stonewall, but it will take years to untangle themselves from its grip.

Reactions: 28
Just wanted to add to the École Polytechnique massacre story… call me cynical but the anecdote told by Anastasia Preston, which we’re supposed to interpret as an example of violence against women and girls, reads very much like one of those AGP tales in which a trans woman is sexually assaulted… and they love telling the story because it makes them feel desirable and validated.

"i had a red dress on and I was walking through the crowd and somebody groped me. It was probably one of the most revolting experiences I've had in my life," she said.

"I couldn't believe that somebody would just … touch me like that. They felt they had the right to my body when they didn't."

I mean, ignoring the fact that a fleeting grope in a bar sits alongside a massacre… why are these retellings always so lascivious? I mean the detail about the red dress is so pointless, but maybe we’re supposed to deduce that Anastasia looked so good in the dress, that’s why she got groped? And then you see a photo of a very much non-passing individual and think… nope.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Just wanted to add to the École Polytechnique massacre story… call me cynical but the anecdote told by Anastasia Preston, which we’re supposed to interpret as an example of violence against women and girls, reads very much like one of those AGP tales in which a trans woman is sexually assaulted… and they love telling the story because it makes them feel desirable and validated.

" had a red dress on and I was walking through the crowd and somebody groped me. It was probably one of the most revolting experiences I've had in my life," she said.

"I couldn't believe that somebody would just … touch me like that. They felt they had the right to my body when they didn't."

I mean, ignoring the fact that a fleeting grope in a bar sits alongside a massacre… why are these retellings always so lascivious? I mean the detail about the red dress is so pointless, but maybe we’re supposed to deduce that Anastasia looked so good in the dress, that’s why she got groped? And then you see a photo of a very much non-passing individual and think… nope.
I’m always reminded of that episode of Blackadder…

“Baldrick, you look exactly like what you are; a dungball in a dress”

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Does anyone know why the Richard Bacon programme isn’t on catch up? I wanted to watch it but not with teenagers, the next night it had gone!

• Sad
Reactions: 2

" had a red dress on and I was walking through the crowd and somebody groped me. It was probably one of the most revolting experiences I've had in my life," she said.

"I couldn't believe that somebody would jus be touch me like that."

Men groping you would come as no surprise to any woman.

• Sad
Reactions: 16
Transgender critics will be protected by new free speech laws
Safeguards to protect legitimate debate from the threat of legal action among proposals in overhaul of hate crime legislation

People who question mass migration or criticise the transgender lobby will be protected from hate crime prosecutions under proposed new freedom of speech laws.

In a major report on hate crime published on Tuesday, the Law Commission said that people with outspoken views on transgender, cultural, political and immigration issues should be protected from the threat of prosecution for stirring up hatred.

It would mean freedom of speech safeguards for people who believe transgender women are not real women, who criticise cultural practices such as arranged marriages, oppose any immigration or attack the policies of countries such as Israel or China.

The Law Commission warned that without protections written into law, overzealous officials could mount hate crime investigations into people that would have a “chilling effect” on legitimate debate and people’s right to freedom of expression.

Its overhaul of hate crimes law, the biggest for decades, said that private conversations should also be protected, to ensure people were not prosecuted for dinner table talk.

Darren Grimes was investigated over his YouTube interview where David Starkey, the historian, suggested that slavery was not genocide Darren Grimes was investigated over his YouTube interview in which David Starkey, the historian, suggested that slavery was not genocide CREDIT: Jeff Gilbert for The Telegraph It said: “The understandable importance that law enforcement authorities place on being seen to tackle hate crime may mean they do not give sufficient consideration to the implications of their actions on freedom of expression when considering how to respond to allegations of ‘hate speech’.

“We believe that insofar as the law itself may be giving rise to ill-founded complaints that interfere with the right to freedom of expression, the correct way to address this is by clearly defining the limits of the stirring up offences.

“It is possible that in making clear that the law does not criminalise, for instance, discussion of controversial topics, our recommendations will enable law enforcement officials to deal robustly in dismissing complaints that do not amount to a criminal offence.”

As revealed last week in The Telegraph, the Law Commission rejected classifying misogyny as a hate crime alongside race and religion, but said people who stir up hostility on the basis of sex or gender should be prosecuted for hate crimes.

However, it said that this new offence should be allied to a change in the law to protect gender-critical views. These beliefs that sex is binary and immutable was a longstanding feminist strand of thinking that deserved to be heard in a democratic society, even if it upset people, it said.

It said such views should be protected from mistaken potential hate crime prosecutions, citing Harry Miller, a former police officer, investigated by Humberside Police for allegedly posting transphobic tweets questioning if transgender women were real women.

For immigration, it cited Amber Rudd, the former home secretary, reported to police for suggesting that employers reveal their proportions of foreign workers; and Darren Grimes, investigated over his YouTube interview where David Starkey, the historian, suggested that slavery was not genocide.

The Law Commission said all three cases had occurred in areas such as race, disability and trans rights where there were no free speech clauses in the Public Order Act of 1986, and which it now recommended should be amended.

“We recommend there should be new protections for expression targeted at cultural practices, individual countries and their governments, and discussion of immigration, citizenship and asylum; and protection for gender critical views and the use of language which expresses them,” it said.

Maya Forstater, who won a High Court case after losing her job for saying people cannot change biological sex, said it was vindication for her battle to say basic truths about the two sexes and that pronouns cannot be covered by blanket rules.

Maya Forstater won a High Court case after losing her job for saying people cannot change biological sex Maya Forstater won a High Court case after losing her job for saying people cannot change biological sex CREDIT: Eddie Mulholland for The Telegraph Stephen Evans, the chief executive of the Secular Society, said: “Harmful religious and cultural practices, such as genital cutting, forced marriage and non-stun slaughter, deserve serious scrutiny. Discussion and debate around such matters should not be chilled by the prospect of being prosecuted [for racial hatred].”

However, David Green, the director of think tank Civitas, said: “I would abolish all hate crime. I don’t think there is any need. It is reinforcing identity politics, the ideology that society is divided into victims and their oppressors.”

The Commission also confirmed that the Government should consider a new offence of public sexual harassment, as more effective than classing misogyny a hate crime, and reforming hate crime laws to give disabled and LGBT+ people the same protections as with race and religion.

Looks like the failed actor is going to need a new hobby

• Heart
Reactions: 18
"These beliefs that sex is binary and immutable was a longstanding feminist strand of thinking that deserved to be heard in a democratic society, even if it upset people, it said."

Long standing strand of scientific fact aswell, as it happens.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Does anyone know why the Richard Bacon programme isn’t on catch up? I wanted to watch it but not with teenagers, the next night it had gone!
I recorded it and it’s still on my Sky planner. It should be on more 4.

Reactions: 1
"These beliefs that sex is binary and immutable was a longstanding feminist strand of thinking that deserved to be heard in a democratic society, even if it upset people, it said."

Long standing strand of scientific fact aswell, as it happens.
"strand of thinking" makes it sound like they are discussing starsigns, not a scientific fact

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.