Gender Discussion #19

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what an arrogant assertion. A

You provide the statistics honey.
Why is it my responsibility to spoon feed you information that is freely available? I have made no claims to you. You have come into this thread to prove us wrong, so the burden of proof lies with you, honey.

For what it's worth, I've spent my entire adult life around gender non-conforming people and think it is something to be celebrated.

What I don't believe is that being a woman is a nebulous "feeling", and I don't think men's crimes (rape) should be recorded as women's, or that women should be hounded out of jobs and visited by the police for asserting that biological sex is real and that humans are a sexually dimorphic species.

I think trans people deserve safe spaces, I just don't think it is womens' responsibility to facilitate that, and I think to expect that is misogynistic.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
You may also enjoy the Facebook group “This Never Happens” for numerous examples of the thing you claim won’t happen, happening.
But they just want to pee, right? They’re oh so marginalised and frightened…

Reactions: 10
Anyways what were we talking about before someone came in, insulted the memory of gay elders by comparing them to straight men who slap on an identity of 'woman' and continue to display typical male entitlement?

• Heart
Reactions: 22
It’s astounding isn’t it.

My son is gay. He’s kind and gentle and no threat to anyone. Do I think he should be in womens spaces? NO! Because he’s a MAN!

Does that mean I hate gay people? Does it mean I hate men? Am I bigoted because I recognise him as male?

Ludicrous.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
ok let’s go back to your hysteria. You feel children are being forced to be trans? I any examples of this ?

Yes do you?
For a start you could try following some detransitioners who have lived experience, such as mothergender and imwatson91 on twitter - there are plenty of women talking about their experiences. Or do you only #believewomen when it fits into your narrative?

Reactions: 15
The fact that this poster compared trans stuff to the gay rights movement of the 80s or Apartheid really shows that a lot of people (mistakenly) believe that trans is the new civil rights movement. It has *nothing* to do with either of those things

Reactions: 37
@FitiverMin you have obviously come here for a reason. Was it just to tell us we are hateful beatches (which we are not) or are you a little bit peaked? It’s great that you are pansexual, fabulous, well done 😀 And you are welcome here on this thread but just be mindful that we don’t insult each other if we disagree, debate is good and things are not always as they seem.

I’m sure you are a well meaning person, we all are here. Most of us left leaning, anti Tory etc (sorry to bring politics in to it), and all support gay rights. However the rise in exposure of trans issues and the appalling behaviour of some very loud TRAs has stopped reasonable debate happening and turned everyone against each other.

And you cannot deny the blatant homophobia of expecting lesbians to ‘open their mind’ to dating trans women can you? It’s bonkers. I have lesbian friends who have been outcast because they have stated they wouldn’t date a trans women. I’m not the only one who had friends /family that have experienced that in here! Do you think that’s right?

So it’s good to have someone with a different view here as we can have a little debate back and forth but please stop commenting if all you want to do is call us hateful bigots.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
The fact that this poster compared trans stuff to the gay rights movement of the 80s or Apartheid really shows that a lot of people (mistakenly) believe that trans is the new civil rights movement. It has *nothing* to do with either of those things
I read that post and thought it was someone taking the piss, and as someone else said, they missed out the whole ~you guise are literally nazis~ part.

And then they had the cheek to call us out for hysteria. :cautious:

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Maybe have a scroll through the last 19 threads?? There's numerous examples!
EXACTLY.

How dare you plop into this thread and demand we provide you with examples of sex based rights being violated? Such a cheap tactic. Your ignorance doesn’t mean that these issues aren’t real. Have you been living in a cave for the past five years?

Anyway, I have no time for TRAs (or TRA adjacent people) in this thread and will be yielding the ignore button if this thread keeps getting derailed.

• Heart
While ironically the civil rights of women are being erased

Reactions: 16
A Scottish drag queen (Ellie Diamond) got called out for doing a performance as Cindy Lou Who (the little girl in The Grinch) which, for some reason, involved pretending to masturbate. People rightly had an issue with it because, you know, it's pretty accepted that sexualising minors is something you don't do. Video here under the spoiler...

Poor old Ellie got their knickers in a right twist and decided to blame their actions on TERFs instead of taking responsibility. It's easier to blame women than admit you fucked up, isn't it? The replies are worth a read - there's a couple of p*do apologists and woke blokes who don't see any issue with kids watching drag shows, but most people rightly said it was gross and poor taste.

Ellie is pretty young and I don't think they realised how this would come across, but when you're called out on something, maybe try taking that on board instead of doubling down and accusing "cis het" people of using scare tactics against LGBT people. I mean, you're the one dressed as a child talking about masturbation. Not me.

• Sick
  • Wow
Poor old Ellie got their knickers in a right twist and decided to blame their actions on TERFs instead of taking responsibility. It's easier to blame women than admit you fucked up, isn't it? The replies are worth a read - there's a couple of p*do apologists and woke blokes who don't see any issue with kids watching drag shows, but most people rightly said it was gross and poor taste.
Women being blamed for men's poor behaviour and decision-making? Surely not! 😅

• Haha
Reactions: 23
A Scottish drag queen (Ellie Diamond) got called out for doing a performance as Cindy Lou Who (the little girl in The Grinch) which, for some reason, involved pretending to masturbate. People rightly had an issue with it because, you know, it's pretty accepted that sexualising minors is something you don't do. Video here under the spoiler...

Ellie is pretty young and I don't think they realised how this would come across, but when you're called out on something, maybe try taking that on board instead of doubling down and accusing "cis het" people of using scare tactics against LGBT people. I mean, you're the one dressed as a child talking about masturbation. Not me.

Talk about gaslighting!

Reactions: 10

The deflection lol

It disgusts me that any fellow LGBT person would think this is OK. But why take responsibility for your crappy actions when you can just blame TERFs?

• Heart
what an arrogant assertion. A

You provide the statistics honey.
Why are you being so arsy? Assuming you're a woman does it not make you think just a little you are provoking women on behalf of male entitlement? If you're a woke man then I am not surprised

• Heart
Reactions: 21
I’m surprised Ellie didn’t go full DARVO, which is to say “If you think me cosplaying as a masturbating child is wrong, maybe YOU’RE the one sexualising children and you need your hard drive checked.”

That’s a good one 🙄

• Sick
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.