Gender Discussion #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There’s a March for midwives tomorrow so I joined the Facebook group. Scrolling through the posts so much talk of “birthing people”. Women! Only women can give birth!

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
One for the Owen Jones fans...

I used to really like him but all he does know is just choose whatever is the opposite of what is the current governemnt/majority opinion and go with it (not to mention the gender issue.....)

Reactions: 7
Quite the afternoon on the Twitter. A crowd of TRAs came from London and decided to stand outside JK Rowling‘s private property, take pics and brag on Twitter. I immediately called them stalkers, they decided to ridicule me for saying this and that her address was freely available and they were only “standing on the pavement” now they’ve deleted all their pics and posts and have basically tit the bed. Sad bleeping pricks.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 25
Quite the afternoon on the Twitter. A crowd of TRAs came from London and decided to stand outside JK Rowling‘s private property, take pics and brag on Twitter. I immediately called them stalkers, they decided to ridicule me for saying this and that her address was freely available and they were only “standing on the pavement” now they’ve deleted all their pics and posts and have basically tit the bed. Sad bleeping pricks.
I think these idiots forget that when they doxx or stake out some one's home not only are they terrorising an individual they are also infringing upon the children, partner, housemates, staff of the residence. Selfish pricks.

Reactions: 23
I think these idiots forget that when they doxx or stake out some one's home not only are they terrorising an individual they are also infringing upon the children, partner, housemates, staff of the residence. Selfish pricks.
I remember JKR had problems with intrusive media - she'd found a note from a journalist in her daughter's schoolbag one day.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 20

today I learned that the NHS is LITERALLY killing trans people.

Look, I know that doctors, nurses, surgeons etc are not above criticism, but this just made me so mad given the context of COVID. Absolute scumbag to tweet something like this!

Apparently he's going to be speaking at some trans event about this and someone quoted his tweet saying he's only been out for two minutes and has all the financial resources to go private if he wanted to. 'Abigail' is the absolute definition of a privileged white man.

There's a whole thread and he goes on about segregated healthcare. It's really interesting what TRAs consider to be 'segregated' healthcare tbh.
One of the most genuinely creepy people on social media. The performance is hideous.

Reactions: 13
Screenshot 2021-11-21 00.08.53.png

They've certainly changed their tunes. Why can some people not take responsibility for their own actions? "I messed up, I'm sorry, I believe that Rowling is wrong but I overstepped the mark and I'm not addressing it further" ... not "we were 100% right to do it and everyone else is wrong."

• Sick
Reactions: 27
Screenshot_20211121_003819_com.twitter.android_edit_56838154135597.jpg

What exactly are they talking about here? Do they mean HRT? Because I know that it can be incredibly hard for women to get prescribed this - do they think doctors are handing out medicine to women like tic-tacs? They know nothing about what it's like to go the doctor as a women.

I'm reminded of when I had appendicitis when I was 16, but happened to be on my period at the same time. My pain was dismissed by multiple doctors as period pain, until I was eventually admitted to hospital and my appendix was close to bursting. That's the reality of healthcare as a women - never being listened to and any abnormality being dismissed as a "women's problem".

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Ah, an English women's group concerned about all those Brazilians, how many pages will it take to name every female victim each year?

1637455615912.png

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
View attachment 878810

They've certainly changed their tunes. Why can some people not take responsibility for their own actions? "I messed up, I'm sorry, I believe that Rowling is wrong but I overstepped the mark and I'm not addressing it further" ... not "we were 100% right to do it and everyone else is wrong."
It's quite something that even after they show up at a womans house they still manage to paint themselves as the victims

Reactions: 24
I only saw the aftermath a few hours ago, which GladiatorReady showed above. It’s notable how many retweets of that same tweet have pointed out that actually the majority of people had been pointing out they were acting illegally by doxing and harassing J K Rowling.
Firstly (y)(y)(y) from me for calling them out for what they are.

I am getting really annoyed with these TRAs. They’ve overstepped the mark and need to be treated as the criminals they are.

Reactions: 19
Remember that trans crossing in Camden? How much tax payer money do you think that cost to make?

£25,000

Great use of tax payer money that!

OBVIOUSLY the blind road users need to reframe their trauma and be re-educated. (/sarcasm, for the avoidance of doubt)

• Haha
Reactions: 15
View attachment 878810

I wonder if they also get a letter from Jo's lawyers like the last twitterer who tried to libel her. She'd have every right to, a gate entrance like that would be easy to locate so they really have doxxed her. Stupid self obsessed people!

Reactions: 12
View attachment 878220
View attachment 878231
View attachment 878227

Lisa seems like fun. It reminds me of that awful woman on TikTok complaining that her mum had 'top surgery' before she did, despite the fact her mum had a double mastectomy because of breast cancer.
One of our women, whose baby was overdue, suddenly decided that she wanted a C-section, instead of an induction, should her baby not arrive in the next few days. I spent most of my working day, emailing and calling her obstetrician and our consultant midwife, so that she could be counselled, and consented if necessary, to surgery. I also called her, to reassure her that she would absolutely have her choices respected, but that we can't just offer elective surgery without her knowing the full risks and benefits. She and her (same sex, incidentally) partner completely understood, and were grateful that they were being listened to. (Baby arrived safely, and they're all doing great).

I know many people who have been waiting years for hip surgery, and the problems with NHS dental services are well-documented. Heart bypasses don't get handed out on demand, but then again, heart patients don't tend to self-identify as "victims", or rock up at their GP surgery to demand invasive and life-limiting surgery. Also, cardiac issues in women are woefully under-diagnosed as women tend to present with different symptoms to men, especially during acute cardiac events, such as heart attacks. Men's bodies and their reactions to illness and treatment form the baseline of medical care, women and children have historically been prescribed too-high doses of drugs, based on the amount needed to treat a man. Women's issues with menopause have only recently been seen as a medical issue, and postnatal depression was always shrugged off as women being "tired" or "hysterical".

These faux "women", demanding HRT or breast surgery need to realise that being a woman, always means that you're at the back of the queue. Moaning about GP's not listening to you? You're preaching to the choir, sista 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.