Gender Discussion #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
last weekend I walked past a girl about 9/10 years of age drawing with chalks on a path near me. It was the next day when I saw what she had been doing she’d written “Gay and proud” drawn los of rainbows and listed all the LGBT etc words. At that age she should be drawing hopscotch, who she fancies and what boy’s smell, not this. We really are brainwashing a generation of kids 😩

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 22
Jeffrey Marsh is a n o n c e . What other circumstances would it be acceptable for a man to tell children to be nice to him? Oh but identify as non binary and you're all brave and stunning

last weekend I walked past a girl about 9/10 years of age drawing with chalks on a path near me. It was the next day when I saw what she had been doing she’d written “Gay and proud” drawn los of rainbows and listed all the LGBT etc words. At that age she should be drawing hopscotch, who she fancies and what boy’s smell, not this. We really are brainwashing a generation of kids 😩
Kids are being taught that to be interesting they need to go on and on about their identity. I still believed in santa aged 9. Kids that age should still be filled with wonder at the world, have their nose in a book, playing fun creative games, not feeling angst over an 'identity'

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Children have absolutely no responsibility for adults' feelings whatsoever. None. They are children and adults are responsible for keeping them safe and comfortable, not the other way around.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Jeffrey Marsh is a n o n c e . What other circumstances would it be acceptable for a man to tell children to be nice to him? Oh but identify as non binary and you're all brave and stunning

Kids are being taught that to be interesting they need to go on and on about their identity. I still believed in santa aged 9. Kids that age should still be filled with wonder at the world, have their nose in a book, playing fun creative games, not feeling angst over an 'identity'
I have a kid that I try my hardest to protect from all this crap, been successful so far. You need to really work hard to keep them young these days. I think the problem is when some parents let their kids watch what they want on you tube and tiktok. If they aren’t keeping an eye on what they are watching then they see and hear things they really shouldn’t. This young generation are OBSESSED with gender identity. But you have to look at it as a fad. Hate to say this but a few years ago it was self harming. I have friends whose kids lied about harming themselves and when found out they said ‘everyone is doing it’. They put bandages on their arms and there was nothing there. Attention seeking but extremely upsetting for the parents at the time.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 14

funny story - I went out to a client and out of politeness asked how her daughter was getting on at school. And she told me her daughter had made a new “lesbian non binary” friend. And I didn’t know what to say given her daughter was seven. Luckily I didn’t have to, because her mum then turned around and said “she’s seven years old, she doesn’t know her elbow from her hole as far as I’m concerned” 😂😂😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 29
My post on the Gabby thread got deleted because I rolled my eyes at someone saying JKR is transphobic. 🙃

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
funny story - I went out to a client and out of politeness asked how her daughter was getting on at school. And she told me her daughter had made a new “lesbian non binary” friend. And I didn’t know what to say given her daughter was seven. Luckily I didn’t have to, because her mum then turned around and said “she’s seven years old, she doesn’t know her elbow from her hole as far as I’m concerned” 😂😂😂😂
If this was the other way round and my daughter made friends with a 7 year old girl who was constantly talking about fancying boys and being straight etc I would be concerned as displaying overtly sexual behaviour as a child so young is usually a sign of abuse! Crazy that all safeguarding issues seem to be disregarded.

Reactions: 21

It really is crazy that these people can go around 'joking' about scalding gay/bi men for their sexuality and be on the 'right side of history'. Click through for many awful takes.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
So we’ve now come full circle and it’s ok to be openly homophobic again now is it TRAs? Interesting…

Need to get myself one of those tote bags, to carry around all my JK Rowling and Kathleen Stock books 🤪✌

On the plus side, I was in a trendy place in Edinburgh the other day, the kind of place that has gender neutral toilets. Anyway as an act of rebellion I wore a Harry Potter mask (which actually belongs to my child but I digress). And the girl at the door, who fit the stereotype of a super woke hipster, said omg I love your mask. Now I know she was probably just a big HP fan but it did make me think maybe not every right on young person hates JKR 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
All of this over a tote bag? They are unstable, all of them
i dont know why but somehow the fact it is a torn bag makes it all the more ridiculous 😂 so not satisfied with blatant misogyny they are now homophobic too 🙄

Reactions: 7
Need to get myself one of those tote bags, to carry around all my JK Rowling and Kathleen Stock books 🤪✌
I've just ordered one to carry my groceries in - only a fiver

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I've just ordered one to carry my groceries in - only a fiver

That bag is LITERAL VIOLENCE!

It’s going to get people killed!

• Haha
Reactions: 18
My post on the Gabby thread got deleted because I rolled my eyes at someone saying JKR is transphobic. 🙃
I reported the post that replied to you adding literally nothing. I note they're happy to leave up the posts saying JKR is transphobic though - why is that not off topic? It's only ever GC posts that are deleted :rolleyes:
Funnily enough, as much as I dislike Gabby I don't think she is transphobic or even gender critical. The woman has pronouns in her bio for crying out loud. But because she dared to mention Harry Potter one time suddenly she's a TERF? Shows you how crazy and cult-like TRAs are tbh. God forbid someone can be reasonable and enjoy Harry Potter even if they don't personally agree with Rowling's views.

Reactions: 17
Are people researching EVERY writer / author / directors opinion on TRAs before consuming their content / media? Or just JKR and other women?

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I went to have a look om the Gabby thread and I saw a comment about JK Rowling's 'behaviour' on Twitter. I had posted a comment but then deleted it, if people are that stupid then I honestly can't be arsed arguing with them

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.