Gender Discussion #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
you basically need a list of 20 + pronouns then (changing by the day, of course), and god forbid anyone use the wrong one/s !) I assume you have updated your tiktok :ROFLMAO:
I've got my rainbow lanyard at the ready! šŸ˜‚

Would anybody like a list of my physical and mental illness?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Colin Pitchfork, the man who was released from prison two months ago, after serving time for murdering two teenaged girls has gone back to prison. He was recalled after a breach of his licence conditions.

No one saw that coming :rolleyes:

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19
I've got my rainbow lanyard at the ready! šŸ˜‚

Would anybody like a list of my physical and mental illness?
only if they are extensive and temporary/changing - would also like a list of pronouns you may/may not have invented, as many as possible ideally

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Colin Pitchfork, the man who was released from prison two months ago, after serving time for murdering two teenaged girls has gone back to prison. He was recalled after a breach of his licence conditions.

No one saw that coming :rolleyes:
I hope the reason/breach of conditions isn't something sinister ā˜¹

Reactions: 5
I was hoping someone would have posted this.

She's a woman, married to a man with whom she has children. It's laughable.

Put simply, I honestly think a lot of these women don't feel "right" with womanhood because they're very far removed from societal expectations of femininity and conventional attractiveness. See also Sofie Hagan. They're not "non-binary" (which is meaningless), they're just fat women in a world that tells women that to be fat and unattractive makes you sexless.

This is exactly how I see it. Social Media has pushed the likes of Kim K, Models and actresses. Young girls and even older, more mature women are using so many filters on selfies. On an off day when you have period spots and half a stone extra on your belly it can be bloody soul destroying if you donā€™t fit what society calls ā€œfeminineā€! I just think they struggle to fit in with it all. But they donā€™t want to admit theyā€™re unhappy with their body or they donā€™t care enough to change it. So they jump on this bandwagon. Itā€™s easier. BTW I donā€™t say this in a way where I think women should be thin etc. Iā€™m a very happy size 18. I have off days but generally Iā€™m ok with my body! Itā€™s just others who arenā€™t havenā€™t always got the inner strength or confidence to feel that way so theyā€™ll look for the easy route out and ā€œnon-binaryā€ is it at the moment!

Lorraine Kelly is an hole. She used to live in the same street as me and I heard from someone that worked in the co-op down the road that she had been in to tell the staff that when she is shopping there they are not to make eye contact with her.
Are they not to make eye contact with real life Lorraine Kelly or Lorraine Kelly the inner tv personality who gets a tax reduction for playing the part of the wee lovely breakfast tv lady?

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 12
Saw this earlier
Sen Chandler and I don't agree on much politically but I really admire her work in this area. She's one of the few elected politicians - on either side of politics - who is openly speaking up about women's sport here. Alongside people like Dr Holly Lawford-Smith and https://www.savewomenssport.com/.

I don't identify with many of the culturally defined markers of femininity. It hasn't made me not a woman, it's made me a bleeping feminist.
I love this so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
More than anything else this is making me read and agree with commentators where I donā€™t usually, more on the right politically. Which is because the left has been ideologically captured by this. I guess left leaning white men have always felt they have to defer to everyone elseā€™s oppression by them and now they have found a way out for their misogyny and to be the oppressed one for once and itā€™s too tempting. Why else are all these woke bros enjoying the erosion of womens rights so much?

Reactions: 18
Expected but very saddening to see in black and white. Thanks for nothing, Kier.

Edit to add - and we know Carrie is badgering Boris to back self id - just hope that the majority of conservative mps convince him it is a stupid idea. God knows I never thought Iā€™d support the Tory stance on anything but here we are.

Edit number 2 - nice ratio on that tweet.

Last edited:
Why can't Labour stop pandering to the small fraction of their voter base on Twitter? The vast majority of Labour voters aren't interested in this, they're worried about food and housing and bills and jobs and transport and hospitals and schools.

They refused to recognise the LesbianLabour group recently because it would 'duplicate' what LGBT+ Labour is trying to do - despite wanting the opposite :rolleyes:
Screenshot 2021-11-20 13.16.41.png

• Sick
Reactions: 14
Expected but very saddening to see in black and white. Thanks for nothing, Kier.

Edit to add - and we know Carrie is badgering Boris to back self id - just hope that the majority of conservative mps convince him it is a stupid idea. God knows I never thought Iā€™d support the Tory stance on anything but here we are.

Edit number 2 - nice ratio on that tweet.
You know, this might sound crazy but I do think if the Tories start embracing gender ideology that lefties might finally turn off it. If Boris or anyone else similar starts going on about pronouns it might make left leaning people wake up

I think why a lot of left leaning people go along with it is because they think it's the kind and progressive thing to do. That might change if the Tories start endorsing it

Reactions: 9
I just read the comments on the Trans Day of Remembrance post Labour and the Women's Equality Party posted on Instagram.

Lots of cries of TERF at people quoting actual statistics. We really are living in surreal times.

• Sad
Reactions: 11
On the unpopular opinions thread I had posted about how JK Rowling was right all along and is a queen. I got three sick face reactions. I then noticed one of the sick face reactors then liked another terfy comment I had written later. I honestly believe more women are terfier than they'll let on and will just go along with the popular narratives of someone being a hate figure. Sad to see

Reactions: 26
On the unpopular opinions thread I had posted about how JK Rowling was right all along and is a queen. I got three sick face reactions. I then noticed one of the sick face reactors then liked another terfy comment I had written later. I honestly believe more women are terfier than they'll let on and will just go along with the popular narratives of someone being a hate figure. Sad to see
I think a lot of people also have zero idea of what JK actually said in her letter. If you look at it from an outsider's perspective she said X about trans people, and then a lot of her colleagues disowned her, she had a human rights award taken away from her, she had a children's charity put out a statement saying that children were going to kill themselves because of her.

If you don't know what X is then you're going to assume it is something absolutely abhorrent, not knowing that you likely agree with her on all or most points she made.

It was a similar thing with Marion's case. If you're on the outside and you hear that someone is going to court because of homophobic and transphobic tweets you're going to assume that they must have been really hate-filled and inciting violence. You'd never guess it was a picture of a ribbon.

Reactions: 20
Too many people jump on the bandwagon and run their mouth without actually reading the details. This is exactly why I will not ā€˜denounceā€™ someone I know nothing about just because someone else demands it. Normalise saying ā€˜I donā€™t know enough to have an opinion yetā€™.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
All very true. It just is sad to me that in the post-truth era that we live in that people don't do their own research and form their own opinions

Reactions: 10
I've never seen anyone provide quotes of the evil things JK said. You'd think they would have them memorised given how passionately they feel about her being the scum of the Earth.

Reactions: 20
I think a lot of people also have zero idea of what JK actually said in her letter. If you look at it from an outsider's perspective she said X about trans people, and then a lot of her colleagues disowned her, she had a human rights award taken away from her, she had a children's charity put out a statement saying that children were going to kill themselves because of her.

If you don't know what X is then you're going to assume it is something absolutely abhorrent, not knowing that you likely agree with her on all or most points she made.

It was a similar thing with Marion's case. If you're on the outside and you hear that someone is going to court because of homophobic and transphobic tweets you're going to assume that they must have been really hate-filled and inciting violence. You'd never guess it was a picture of a ribbon.
Thats why when JKR got mentioned on secret celeb gossip I posted what she'd actually tweeted.

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.