Gender Discussion #18

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've never seen anyone provide quotes of the evil things JK said. You'd think they would have them memorised given how passionately they feel about her being the scum of the Earth.
They'll either say:

- Do your own research (um, I have)
- Google it
-Here's a 5 hour YouTube video from my non binary friend explaining why what she said is problematic
- If you don't know it's not my job to educate you

But they can never give a single solitary quote

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
God, the state of the replies to this tweet. You'd think Rosie Duffield was personally responsible for murdering trans women.

• Sick
Reactions: 5
God, the state of the replies to this tweet. You'd think Rosie Duffield was personally responsible for murdering trans women.

I read the comments on this on Instagram earlier and instant regret.

They're like anti-abortion "activists".

Like with fetuses, they're never gonna have to meet a trans person in real life so they're easy to advocate for because it's all just an academic exercise to feel good about themselves.

I have met and been friends with many trans and gender non conforming people over the years and I doubt they'd want a part of this.

Reactions: 5
It looks like there's been a mini day of action to raise awareness of women's prisons - you can see loads of new pics under #notourcrimes (TW - tweets may contain ribbons) - along with people complaining that it's been done on TDoR.

Screenshot 2021-11-20 17.11.18.png

:rolleyes:

• Angry
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 6
They'll either say:

- Do your own research (um, I have)
- Google it
-Here's a 5 hour YouTube video from my non binary friend explaining why what she said is problematic
- If you don't know it's not my job to educate you

But they can never give a single solitary quote

Yeah I can already imagine the man in the dress with the blue hair and know exactly what his voice sounds like.

trashy trans doxxing fuckers

This is OK but leaving a ribbon at David Paisley's work is a step too far? OK. Always good to see cis being used as a slur too.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

today I learned that the NHS is LITERALLY killing trans people.

Look, I know that doctors, nurses, surgeons etc are not above criticism, but this just made me so mad given the context of COVID. Absolute scumbag to tweet something like this!

Apparently he's going to be speaking at some trans event about this and someone quoted his tweet saying he's only been out for two minutes and has all the financial resources to go private if he wanted to. 'Abigail' is the absolute definition of a privileged white man.

There's a whole thread and he goes on about segregated healthcare. It's really interesting what TRAs consider to be 'segregated' healthcare tbh.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 19

today I learned that the NHS is LITERALLY killing trans people.

Look, I know that doctors, nurses, surgeons etc are not above criticism, but this just made me so mad given the context of COVID. Absolute scumbag to tweet something like this!

Apparently he's going to be speaking at some trans event about this and someone quoted his tweet saying he's only been out for two minutes and has all the financial resources to go private if he wanted to. 'Abigail' is the absolute definition of a privileged white man.

There's a whole thread and he goes on about segregated healthcare. It's really interesting what TRAs consider to be 'segregated' healthcare tbh.
I hope people working in the NHS with their pronouns on their lanyaards/badges see how they are being spoken about

Reactions: 15
Screenshot 2021-11-20 18.32.27.png

Screenshot 2021-11-20 18.36.39.png

Screenshot 2021-11-20 18.35.17.png

Lisa seems like fun. It reminds me of that awful woman on TikTok complaining that her mum had 'top surgery' before she did, despite the fact her mum had a double mastectomy because of breast cancer.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
View attachment 878220
View attachment 878231
View attachment 878227

Lisa seems like fun. It reminds me of that awful woman on TikTok complaining that her mum had 'top surgery' before she did, despite the fact her mum had a double mastectomy because of breast cancer.
so an emergency operation shoukd have a psychological assessment?! wtaf, abortion has an assessment by (iirc) 2 doctors, which is objectively a MUCH lesser intervention than gender reassignment

Reactions: 15
so an emergency operation shoukd have a psychological assessment?! wtaf, abortion has an assessment by (iirc) 2 doctors, which is objectively a MUCH lesser intervention than gender reassignment
It is also so annoying that they often think women can just phone up their GP and say "I'd like to go on HRT please." "Certainly, you can pick up your prescription at the pharmacy in ten minutes."

We've seen some of them simulating fake 'periods' by fluctuating their hormone dosages, I wonder how long until they start simulating fake menopause.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
More than anything else this is making me read and agree with commentators where I don’t usually, more on the right politically. Which is because the left has been ideologically captured by this. I guess left leaning white men have always felt they have to defer to everyone else’s oppression by them and now they have found a way out for their misogyny and to be the oppressed one for once and it’s too tempting. Why else are all these woke bros enjoying the erosion of womens rights so much?
I feel exactly the same as this. This rememberance day is to commemorate 6 trans women in 10 years who “MAY” have been killed due to their identity. It’s not even been proved that they were hate crimes. Not once do I ever wish harm on anyone and I truly believe both men and women should have the freedom to live their life in a way they choose and that makes them happy. But 6 in 10 years. I won’t pretend to know the statistics of women raped and murdered in the U.K. each year but I’d bet my life it’s far more than 6 in 10 years! 😞 this is not only unnecessary but it’s just creating more division. Trans rights trump disabilities rights now and I doubt they’ll be happy until they’re above everyone else.

Attachments

Reactions: 13
It is also so annoying that they often think women can just phone up their GP and say "I'd like to go on HRT please." "Certainly, you can pick up your prescription at the pharmacy in ten minutes."
exactly, unless I am wrong people here have said that it would be easier for them to get drugs for transitioning than HRT medication, obviously I imagine it differs between places but still. These men have no idea what women's lives are like, and it shows with these kind of comments. Women;s health issues are notoriously ignored/underemphasised, yet of course no one is more marginalised than trans people

I feel exactly the same as this. This rememberance day is to commemorate 6 trans women in 10 years who “MAY” have been killed due to their identity. It’s not even been proved that they were hate crimes. Not once do I ever wish harm on anyone and I truly believe both men and women should have the freedom to live their life in a way they choose and that makes them happy. But 6 in 10 years. I won’t pretend to know the statistics of women raped and murdered in the U.K. each year but I’d bet my life it’s far more than 6 in 10 years! 😞 this is not only unnecessary but it’s just creating more division. Trans rights trump disabilities rights now and I doubt they’ll be happy until they’re above everyone else.
except for the drug one (which is a totally unrealted issue) these all seem like "standard" (for want of a better word) domestic violence murders, the kind that kill 2 women a week in the UK, I don;t get how (unless I have missed something) them being trans is the issue?

Reactions: 10
It is also telling that all six were killed by men, but the anger online isn't directed towards men, it's directed towards women.

It's a hard read but this twitter account is good for pointing out women killed by men in the UK - far more than six in ten years.

Even women (in/from) the UK who were killed where their killer used the 'rough sex defense' was a higher number - 26 in the past 10 years.

Last edited:
  • Sick
Reactions: 16
View attachment 878220
View attachment 878231
View attachment 878227

All surgery should involve counselling and take several years should it Lisa? Well that’s one way to get the waiting lists down I suppose, most patients would be dead before they made it.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
All surgery should involve counselling and take several years should it Lisa? Well that’s one way to get the waiting lists down I suppose, most patients would be dead before they made it.
I guess it is their way of getting trans people to the top of the list? "I'm sorry you are having a heart attack, but would you mind...?"

• Angry
Reactions: 9
I hope people working in the NHS with their pronouns on their lanyaards/badges see how they are being spoken about
How utterly hateful of him.

Wasn’t it “Abigail” who was angry that “cis” women get prescribed HRT for menopause but he had to see a psychiatrist.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.