Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
No. Let’s be very clear. I have agreed that there is a problem with including a sexual predator in this article. You’re being called misogynistic for suggesting that the ‘article’ aka all the other women’s experiences and stories can simply be ‘binned’ because they included a sexual predator.
I'm saying you can't trust a report which includes a self-confessed sexual predator as one of its sources. I'm saying the article may as well be binned. But whatever, I'm out.

Do you purity police all assault victims and decide they should only be believed based on character?
How fucking dare you.

Reactions: 1

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
It's disturbing that some people are not listening to women and discrediting them based on their character (and simultaneously discrediting the many other similar stories). Nothing ever changes and history repeats itself
What's disturbing is that people are still sticking up for this article. What about Lily Cade's victims?

Reactions: 1

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
And to go back to Lily Cade and the below: based on an unverified Wikileaks article from 4 years ago, you think the whole BBC article and the other women should be discredited, Veronicaa? Also if this unverified wikileaks article is the 'proof', she seems remorseful and apologetic. Calling her a 'sexual predator' like she's Harvey Weinstein is a bit much

"According to a unverified Wikileaks article in November 2017, Lily also admitted to sexual assault with an apology that included “I feel ashamed now, I thought that that girls went along with me because they enjoyed it, but they did it because they felt like they couldn’t say no”. The apology finished with a footnote pointing towards a Lily Cade email noting to get in touch “if you have been harmed by me and wanted to talk about it"

dodo789

Chatty Member

Maybe the tide is changing

Source
I can’t read the whole article because it’s behind paywall but just from this headline I would guess this would also mean that it’s illegal to tell trans children they’re the gender they were born…or am I understanding it wrong?

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Er; what? You do realise it's possible to feel sorry for any and all victims and still believe what lesbians are saying about being coerced into sleeping with TiM's. It's not one or the other
I'm being called misogynistic and tribalistic for saying there's a problem with the inclusion of a sexual predator as a source in a BBC article. OK.

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Thanks for confirming my point. Youre suggesting that including one bad source undermines the trustworthiness of the other women.
I'm saying it undermines the article. I don't know how much more simply I can say it.
you’re coming across as positioning yourself on the same side (or sympathetic, at least) of convicted rapists, murderers and paedophiles.
This is a disgusting thing to say also, but it never fails to amaze me how quickly these discussions descend so quickly into such accusations.

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Unless she was literally the only person who was quoted or interviewed I don’t see how this is the case at all.
Because it demonstrates the complete lack of research and now any discerning reader will question the other sources. This was one of the few NAMED sources and she's a sexual predator with her own agenda.