Gender Discussion #17

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm sure the great news about Marion will be going down a treat with the failed actor. Lessons to be learned hopefully.

Reactions: 15
Such a brave soul, strutting about in shorts and waving a Sainbo bag :p

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Great news about Marion, let's not forget how the legal process punished her (and her family) by dragging this out as much as they could.

I hope the man who is scared of ribbons is having a tantrum at home.

Reactions: 23
I wondered if anyone read this article this morning and found it interesting?

"When will I be able to afford to be married, own a house and start having kids? Probably in my 40s. Then I started freaking out about what the quality of my sperm will be like by then."

Middle-aged men panicking about their sperm quality in later life and whether to freeze sperm, with absolutely zero mention of considering their female partners' age or fertility decline. Gay men panicking about saving up to get surrogates because "time's running out".

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
I'm surprised the Graun used the word 'surrogate' - the language has been slowly dehumanised over time to undermine the mother-child bond. It was 'surrogate mother' then 'surrogate' now 'gestational carrier.'

I skimmed the article, it's nice to read about how men worry about marriage and families, and the impact of pregnancy loss. So often it's painted that women push for these things. But the end of the article reads like a positive PR puff piece for the acceptability of surrogacy.

Reactions: 7
Absolutely delighted for Marion, much be such a load off her shoulders. However, the vexatious complaint should be looked into. That woman has been to hell and back over the last few months.

Another video has surfaced.

Honestly, they're doing us a favour at this point. 😂😂😂

Reactions: 3
Fantastic news for Marion!!!
Let's hope Ceri's current plight ends the same way, because surely if Marion is now free then Ceri must be also.
I hope the failed actor also gets done for wasting police time and harrassing women.

Reactions: 11
I do wonder if perhaps going after Ceri opened some eyes as to the game he was playing and helped Marion, or if he went after someone else because he knew the Marion case was about to fall through?

Reactions: 6
Controversial but I'm a bit gutted that Marion isn't getting her day in court with the resulting publicity that would bring. Paisley gets to regroup and find a fresh victim.

Reactions: 10
Just heard about Marion - wonderful news but I can't imagine the toll this has taken on her mental health, especially having it pushed back so many times (and not even told why she was charged initially).

I've heard a few people use the phrase 'the process is the punishment' in regards to her case, and I do think it was. They strung it along as much as possible to cause the most harm - and to possibly warn off others who dared to speak out.

Reactions: 14
I hope this isn’t the end and she takes it further and the people who brought this against her are charged…but I wouldn’t blame her one bit if she just wants the whole thing over with now. Appalling the way this has been dragged out.

Reactions: 12
OMG, I don't even know who this twunt really is, but when I clicked on his Twitter bio from the link above, I am blocked!! I have never had any interaction with him at all. He must be able to smell TERF. Absolute LOLz.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Those protesting outside the conference centre are just men doing what they have always done - shouting at women, insulting women. They are not women, not now, not ever. Let them keep shouting. They are converting people to see them for what they are - bully boy women wannabes.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.