Gender Discussion #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
They often have storylines where a woman changes her mind about an adoption or abortion because she was just MEANT to be a mother (like all women are!); or where adoptive parents are treated as glorified babysitters. I think the surrogacy storyline is at least partly because of that. I can't see things going wrong for Brooke either unfortunately. It was written in because the actress decided that she is "non-binary" and is being encouraged in this by her celebrity parents, who already have another "non-binary" autistic child. Unless she changes her mind in the real world, Hollyoaks backtracking on it seems unlikely
That's a shame, it would have been really brave if they had done a story line addressing the issue of groups of girls all suddenly becoming trans and the high proportion of ASD children that are become trans. Issues that are never addressed in the media. It's never spoken about why so many children are becoming trans and whether parents and schools should be indulging something that can be so damaging.

Interesting because a few weeks (months?) ago it was posted here about a Hollyoaks storyline involving a transwoman being attacked in a female prison and it made me do the biggest eye roll.
Oh yeah I was a bit 🤔 with that one. They sent the trans woman to a female prison and she was getting bullied and beaten by the mean trabsphobic female inmates.

Tbh, it could happen, Sally's a soft older person. There can be some very hard very mean women in prison. It wouldn't have made sense for Sally to go to prison and be a preditor or bully. They wanted her beaten up and in hospital, so that was the obvious story line. If anything it supports that trans people need their own space, they don't fit in with either female or male prisons. If she had gone to a male prison and got beaten up, it would reinforce that trans people should be in women's prisons.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Interesting because a few weeks (months?) ago it was posted here about a Hollyoaks storyline involving a transwoman being attacked in a female prison and it made me do the biggest eye roll.
What annoyed me about that is that they described the storyline as “GC women attack harmless transwoman in prison” like what exactly are these gender critical women in jail for? A tweet? duck off you bunch of lunatics.

Am I supposed to cry and be horrified at the thought of a man in a wig getting a fake punch on tv by a feminist stereotype?

Reactions: 18
The way I saw it was, some hard ass women did not want a man in their prison, and so they took it out on the individual. Of course that is not the right way to go about things. But these are prison inmates not a sewing circle.

Women should not be put in a position where they feel they have to use violence to protect their right to female only spaces.

But of course, this is a fictional storyline and I don't think there has been a real life case of this happening, in fact it appears to be very much the other way around.

Reactions: 7
Why are sexist jokes not considered wrong and just considered a bit of a laugh? Even by people who are otherwise very liberal?

the other day I was on the underground and I saw a poster that was talking about how women are charged more for borrowing than men are, I thought this was interesting and looked it up and then put up a story on Instagram, and a guy replied to me (he’s a nice guy but he pissed me off on this occasion) saying ‘cause women spend all their Money on clothes’ I replied with the actual reason and he just said he was trying to wind me up eugh and annoyingly it worked and even more annoyingly I didn’t feel comfortable saying well maybe dont because I don’t want to be labelled a great big bore eugh!
Secondly, my very liberal male friend and I were talking about women taking men’s names when they get married and I said I wouldn’t take my husbands name but equally I would give my kids my husbands name which is weird considering I’d of given birth to them, and then I said something about how I’d give them my husbands name even tho I could literally die giving birth to them and he said ‘so could we to be fair’ and I said huh? How do men die in childbirth? And he jokingly said ‘death by being screamed at by you hysterical bunch’ .. I know he was joking, but it just annoys me how not a big deal sexist jokes are seen as! I just said if you would feel uncomfortable replacing the word ‘woman’ with ‘black person’ as an example, then you should ask yourself why you feel comfortable saying woman (does that make sense lol)

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 16
Why are sexist jokes not considered wrong and just considered a bit of a laugh? Even by people who are otherwise very liberal?

the other day I was on the underground and I saw a poster that was talking about how women are charged more for borrowing than men are, I thought this was interesting and looked it up and then put up a story on Instagram, and a guy replied to me (he’s a nice guy but he pissed me off on this occasion) saying ‘cause women spend all their Money on clothes’ I replied with the actual reason and he just said he was trying to wind me up eugh and annoyingly it worked and even more annoyingly I didn’t feel comfortable saying well maybe dont because I don’t want to be labelled a great big bore eugh!
Secondly, my very liberal male friend and I were talking about women taking men’s names when they get married and I said I wouldn’t take my husbands name but equally I would give my kids my husbands name which is weird considering I’d of given birth to them, and then I said something about how I’d give them my husbands name even tho I could literally die giving birth to them and he said ‘so could we to be fair’ and I said huh? How do men die in childbirth? And he jokingly said ‘death by being screamed at by you hysterical bunch’ .. I know he was joking, but it just annoys me how not a big deal sexist jokes are seen as! I just said if you would feel uncomfortable replacing the word ‘woman’ with ‘black person’ as an example, then you should ask yourself why you feel comfortable saying woman (does that make sense lol)
This was posted on a local FB group and got some laughs, despite it being proven that women speak far less than men in any important situation or in meetings.
Women are granted fewer mortgages than men and get worse interest rates on loans because the algorithms are biased towards men based on lending over the past 10 years, this might change. On a plus side, women's car insurance is always weighted in our favour as we are better drivers 😀

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 6
A lot of people have lost either full or part time income because the Chinese government has banned online tutoring for children there. There's a lot of talk on certain online communities with it and people are coming out with "why don't you do online SEX WORK" instead, with the predictable "you're SLUT SHAMING!" or "don't tell me how to pay my bills!" if anyone objects. Predictable yet depressing

That's a shame, it would have been really brave if they had done a story line addressing the issue of groups of girls all suddenly becoming trans and the high proportion of ASD children that are become trans. Issues that are never addressed in the media. It's never spoken about why so many children are becoming trans and whether parents and schools should be indulging something that can be so damaging.
It played out as a huge stereotype: Brooke can't really be female because she doesn't want to wear a prom dress and feels under pressure from her boyfriend Imran to dress / act more feminine than she is comfortable with. Now, that's all fixed, no one expects her to be "a girl" and it is just assumed Imran accepts her as she is. His feelings about having this "non-binary" person instead of a girlfriend are not really addressed, it's just swept under the carpet

Last edited:
I'm still mostly taking a break from gender stuff for a while so I don't know if it was mentioned in the last thread but I just found out about 'gender nullification surgery' and I genuinely want to curl up in a ball and cry at this point - it is surely going to be done to some CSA victims who might want to look non-sexual to people. And I hate the 'cutsy' terms being used for such extreme, life-altering surgery. 'Top surgery' was bad enough but Nullo? Smoothie?

Genital nullification, Nullo, or Eunuch procedures involve removing all external genitalia to create a smooth transition from the abdomen to the groin. In some cases, this involves shortening the urethra. For patients born with a uterus, a hysterectomy is required prior to any genital nullification procedure. Your specific goals can be discussed with one of our surgeons to develop a plan that works for you.

For his gender non-conforming patients, Dr. Davis also performs gender nullification, also known as male to eunuch or “smoothie” procedures. The procedure includes a complete penectomy, orchiectomy, a reduction of the scrotal sac, and shortening of the urethra. The goal is to leave the area as a smooth unbroken transition from the abdomen to the groin. Although, an inconspicuous midline scar and shortened urethra will still be present.

• Nullification produces a relatively-smooth genital area with a continuous transition from the abdomen down into the genitals, suitable for those who don’t identify with male or female identities.
This one has some photos if you click on 'gallery' of MTF nullification but come with an obvious trigger warning

While many patients might be interested in transitioning into either a male or female identity, there are plenty of individuals who feel that their gender identity does not quite conform in one direction or the other. Gender nullification surgery can enable non-conforming patients to enjoy a relatively smooth genital area.

Nullification creates a relatively continuous and mostly unbroken transition from the abdomen down into the genital area, enabling gender non-conforming patients to enjoy a body that looks closer on the outside to the way they feel on the inside.

How does turning someone into a Ken doll fall under 'do no harm'? How can any surgeon look themselves in the mirror after doing that to someone, even if they say they want it? I hope the patients sue the hell out of the people who performed them in future.

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
That is horrifying! Isn't the Crane Centre the one that was sued by a bunch of FTM patients over botched phalloplasty?

• Wow
I'm still mostly taking a break from gender stuff for a while so I don't know if it was mentioned in the last thread but I just found out about 'gender nullification surgery' and I genuinely want to curl up in a ball and cry at this point - it is surely going to be done to some CSA victims who might want to look non-sexual to people. And I hate the 'cutsy' terms being used for such extreme, life-altering surgery. 'Top surgery' was bad enough but Nullo? Smoothie?

This one has some photos if you click on 'gallery' of MTF nullification but come with an obvious trigger warning

How does turning someone into a Ken doll fall under 'do no harm'? How can any surgeon look themselves in the mirror after doing that to someone, even if they say they want it? I hope the patients sue the hell out of the people who performed them in future.
Not entirely sure why I went to the gallery, clearly love island is that boring I'm looking at this tit. But the first image comes with the caption

2 month post operation photo of non-binary/transfeminine patient who underwent phallus-preserving vaginoplasty. Lining for the full-depth vagina was created using full-thickness skin grafts from the scrotum and from the groin regions (which are in continuity with the lateral labia incisions).

Surely that is literally having your cake and eating it? Cock and fake vagina...really?!

Reactions: 3
Not entirely sure why I went to the gallery, clearly love island is that boring I'm looking at this tit. But the first image comes with the caption

2 month post operation photo of non-binary/transfeminine patient who underwent phallus-preserving vaginoplasty. Lining for the full-depth vagina was created using full-thickness skin grafts from the scrotum and from the groin regions (which are in continuity with the lateral labia incisions).

Surely that is literally having your cake and eating it? Cock and fake vagina...really?!
Had to look twice as I managed to read that as having your cock and eating it.

• Haha
That is horrifying! Isn't the Crane Centre the one that was sued by a bunch of FTM patients over botched phalloplasty?
I hadn't heard about that but you're right - there were nine lawsuits against him for medical malpractice but all were dismissed (possibly out of court settlements)

Reactions: 2
Had to look twice as I managed to read that as having your cock and eating it.
It just screams fetish to me

Keeping their cock but creating a "vagina" out of their bollocks. Some of the posts actually state "fully functioning vagina". I'm pretty sure that considering it is an open wound, composed on inverted testicles, that doesn't have any of any of functions of a vagina, it is not a fully functioning vagina.

• Wow

There is the opposite as well - where you keep the vagina and have a fake penis crafted in front

• Sick
  • Wow
It just screams fetish to me

Keeping their cock but creating a "vagina" out of their bollocks. Some of the posts actually state "fully functioning vagina". I'm pretty sure that considering it is an open wound, composed on inverted testicles, that doesn't have any of any of functions of a vagina, it is not a fully functioning vagina.
It does rather reveal that the sole function of the vagina that most advocatiing for this stuff are interested in is the ability to insert a penis into it. I'm not sure medical boards around the world would recommend thrusting an erection into a gaping wound if it were, say, on someone's back, but who knows ?

Nullification is so disturbing.

Seems that some surgeons literally don't care how mentally ill their patients are. Will we start seeing elective amputation surgeries soon? People having their legs amputated because they desire a life of 24/7 carers? Seems plausible to me.

Reactions: 8
Nullification is so disturbing.

Seems that some surgeons literally don't care how mentally ill their patients are. Will we start seeing elective amputation surgeries soon? People having their legs amputated because they desire a life of 24/7 carers? Seems plausible to me.
There is a condition called Body Integrity Identity Disorder (sometimes called transabled) where people either deliberately try to injure themselves in order to make themselves disabled or do a sort of disabled cosplay (such as using wheelchairs when they don't have a need for one.) This first video is one of the more extreme examples where a woman's psychologist put drain cleaner into her eyes himself to make her blind.

I wouldn't be surprised if doctors eventually just remove limbs from people with BIID if they want it.

• Sick
  • Wow
  • Sad
There is a condition called Body Integrity Identity Disorder (sometimes called transabled) where people either deliberately try to injure themselves in order to make themselves disabled or do a sort of disabled cosplay (such as using wheelchairs when they don't have a need for one.) This first video is one of the more extreme examples where a woman's psychologist put drain cleaner into her eyes himself to make her blind.

I wouldn't be surprised if doctors eventually just remove limbs from people with BIID if they want it.

Exactly! Why wouldn’t they? All you need to do is chant that it’s “valid”.

Exactly! Why wouldn’t they? All you need to do is chant that it’s “valid”.
Interestingly I've seen trans people say that BIID isn't similar to being trans (despite having many of the same hallmarks) because we have 'scientific proof of male and female brains'. They view it as more akin to being transracial.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.