Gender Discussion #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm so disappointed in Deborah Frances-White and the whole Guilty Feminist lot. I stopped listening to the podcast a few years ago when the capture started to become evident, but wow, she is doubling down.
Her plus Mridul are mass blocking people on Twitter, so we know from this that they see the backlash but are choosing to ignore. Vile behaviour.

Reactions: 7
I’ve been blocked by the incel running the podcast account, but not by Deborah herself yet.

Reactions: 3
At this point trans women can say anything and they'll be supported. I'm not surprised he believes women should be re-educated on their 'bigoted' beliefs. It's a very selfish stance to take when working with vulnerable women. I know the word 'narcissist' gets thrown around a lot, but so many trans people have these traits. It's always about validation. Me Me Me Me. Makes for a terrible therapist or counsellor.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
At this point trans women can say anything and they'll be supported. I'm not surprised he believes women should be re-educated on their 'bigoted' beliefs. It's a very selfish stance to take when working with vulnerable women. I know the word 'narcissist' gets thrown around a lot, but so many trans people have these traits. It's always about validation. Me Me Me Me. Makes for a terrible therapist or counsellor.
If they're smart they will never propose such an idea. It would be a PR disaster... imagine saying POC women need to be re-educated. Also would violate some sort of religious freedom wouldn't it?

Reactions: 10
At some point the trans activists will face down with religions and cultures that limit interaction with men not in the woman’s family. This will happen at girls schools, healthcare providers and women’s pools. Trans activists will not win against that, because then they are racist. It’s oppression top trumps and recent cases where authorities were terrified of being called racist (like Rotherham) imply that the trans lobby will not win.

Reactions: 11
At some point the trans activists will face down with religions and cultures that limit interaction with men not in the woman’s family. This will happen at girls schools, healthcare providers and women’s pools. Trans activists will not win against that, because then they are racist. It’s oppression top trumps and recent cases where authorities were terrified of being called racist (like Rotherham) imply that the trans lobby will not win.
I can see this happening but a lot of people outside of twitter and newspapers have not yet peaked/woken up to the concerns. I agree though I can see there being increased opposition once they do wake up.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Probably not the correct thread but do any of these people have a life or a friend outside of the internet?
5FBDFBB4-42ED-4739-95C7-AF43CC225E71.jpeg
Also the worlds majority is Asian and they use the word curry daily. Why are overly sensitive privileged pricks going out of their way to try and be politically correct when the people who are supposed to be offended by the word “curry” aren’t offended in the least and have better things to worry about?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Im not so sure… I think trans - particularly TW - are currently at the top of the oppression points ladder. There is no hesitation in taking down a black woman who expresses GC views.

I’m another that is sick of the whole colonial chat and finding racism everywhere. It’s destructive snd solves NOTHING but causes more division. BLM employ the same tactics as Stonewall imho.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Im not so sure… I think trans - particularly TW - are currently at the top of the oppression points ladder. There is no hesitation in taking down a blank woman who expresses GC views.

I’m another that is sick of the whole colonial chat and finding racism everywhere. It’s destructive snd solves NOTHING but causes more division. BLM employ the same tactics as Stonewall imho.
I'm not so sure, most of these threads have been about men or transvestites/self identified women intruding into women's spaces, claiming health privileges and generally carrying on their entitled, powerful and selfish existence whilst claiming oppression and violence with no evidence.
Colonialism and BLM probably deserve a stand-alone thread but I don't think that we should get dragged down that route..

Reactions: 5
I'm not so sure, most of these threads have been about men or transvestites/self identified women intruding into women's spaces, claiming health privileges and generally carrying on their entitled, powerful and selfish existence whilst claiming oppression and violence with no evidence.
Colonialism and BLM probably deserve a stand-alone thread but I don't think that we should get dragged down that route..
There is a CRT thread - it was made because we found we kept dipping into it here: https://tattle.life/threads/critical-race-theory-1.21676/.

Btw, I spotted a new acronym today - QTI (queer, trans, intersex). It was being used it seems instead of LGBT+. Just seems one more step along the way of gay/lesbian erasure.

Reactions: 8
I own several pant suits and I sometimes wear men’s aftershave. I think I need HRT, double mastectomy and applauds and cheers from the masses for being so brave 😔
Yesssss the men’s aftershave and toiletries smell so much better!

Reactions: 2
The result of California's law that lets men into womens prison. "they should expect to be raped" - is part of the official legal statement.
It's compassionate to let men into women's prisons, and Michael here is asking what about being compassionate to the women in these prisons..?

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 9
Does anyone watch Hollyoaks.

I think there may be some stealth feminists on the writing team (I hope)

They had a surrogate storyline that started off really pro surrogacy. But in the end it destroyed the mother's mental health, she ended up keeping the baby and all those involved accepted that she was mum and it was best for the baby to be with her.

They now have a non binary storyline. A non binary person has come into the village and Brooke a young girl with ASD has been easily, although not deliberately, influenced by the non binary character. Brooke has now come out as non binary and at the moment is being applauded for it. But I've got a feeling/hope this is going to go sour, especially because they chose to have the ASD girl transition.

Reactions: 11
I'm so disappointed in Deborah Frances-White and the whole Guilty Feminist lot. I stopped listening to the podcast a few years ago when the capture started to become evident, but wow, she is doubling down.
Wasn’t Deb the one who grew up in the Jehovah Witness religion? Some of the habits they taught (such as cutting off people you don’t agree with) seem to die hard.
I listened to a few episodes of their podcast but at the time they kept fawning over Justin Trudeau and it was embarrassing.

They had a surrogate storyline that started off really pro surrogacy. But in the end it destroyed the mother's mental health, she ended up keeping the baby and all those involved accepted that she was mum and it was best for the baby to be with her.

They now have a non binary storyline. A non binary person has come into the village and Brooke a young girl with ASD has been easily, although not deliberately, influenced by the non binary character. Brooke has now come out as non binary and at the moment is being applauded for it. But I've got a feeling/hope this is going to go sour, especially because they chose to have the ASD girl transition.
They often have storylines where a woman changes her mind about an adoption or abortion because she was just MEANT to be a mother (like all women are!); or where adoptive parents are treated as glorified babysitters. I think the surrogacy storyline is at least partly because of that. I can't see things going wrong for Brooke either unfortunately. It was written in because the actress decided that she is "non-binary" and is being encouraged in this by her celebrity parents, who already have another "non-binary" autistic child. Unless she changes her mind in the real world, Hollyoaks backtracking on it seems unlikely

Interesting because a few weeks (months?) ago it was posted here about a Hollyoaks storyline involving a transwoman being attacked in a female prison and it made me do the biggest eye roll.

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.