Gender Discussion #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm still mostly taking a break from gender stuff for a while so I don't know if it was mentioned in the last thread but I just found out about 'gender nullification surgery' and I genuinely want to curl up in a ball and cry at this point - it is surely going to be done to some CSA victims who might want to look non-sexual to people. And I hate the 'cutsy' terms being used for such extreme, life-altering surgery. 'Top surgery' was bad enough but Nullo? Smoothie?

This one has some photos if you click on 'gallery' of MTF nullification but come with an obvious trigger warning

How does turning someone into a Ken doll fall under 'do no harm'? How can any surgeon look themselves in the mirror after doing that to someone, even if they say they want it? I hope the patients sue the hell out of the people who performed them in future.

Basically if you pay them enough, they will do any crazy tit you want to indulge your disturbed dillusions.

It really reminds me of the movie American Mary (one only for those with strong stomachs)

I watched a documentary years about about men that wanted to be castrated. The medical profession would not do it and the men were being treated as mentally unwell. Now if you say you're trans, you can ask for any crazy tit you want and you are treated as brave and of complete sound mind.

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I'm still mostly taking a break from gender stuff for a while so I don't know if it was mentioned in the last thread but I just found out about 'gender nullification surgery' and I genuinely want to curl up in a ball and cry at this point - it is surely going to be done to some CSA victims who might want to look non-sexual to people. And I hate the 'cutsy' terms being used for such extreme, life-altering surgery. 'Top surgery' was bad enough but Nullo? Smoothie?

This one has some photos if you click on 'gallery' of MTF nullification but come with an obvious trigger warning

How does turning someone into a Ken doll fall under 'do no harm'? How can any surgeon look themselves in the mirror after doing that to someone, even if they say they want it? I hope the patients sue the hell out of the people who performed them in future.
The situation in the US and Canada for trans surgeries is already a wild west, without people starting to do this kind of thing. At least in the UK and Europe, SRS is performed by urologists - in the US it is mostly plastic surgeons, and due to how their healthcare works they can actively advertise their services and charge wild amounts for it.

I have personally no problem with people seeking whatever surgery they feel they need to be at peace with their sex and gender, but I have a big problem with the medical industry taking advantage of people who are vulnerable, who may be mentally ill, and who are desperate, trying to take their life savings through a Tik Tok advert and then never providing any aftercare. I doubt the kind of place that is offering nullo is going to be any better.

Reactions: 6

So castration. Eunuchs were kept as slaves in women’s palaces in Egyptian times. Rightly that sort of mutilation was stopped. This is crazy. FGM is a crime. How is this different?

Not entirely sure why I went to the gallery, clearly love island is that boring I'm looking at this tit. But the first image comes with the caption

2 month post operation photo of non-binary/transfeminine patient who underwent phallus-preserving vaginoplasty. Lining for the full-depth vagina was created using full-thickness skin grafts from the scrotum and from the groin regions (which are in continuity with the lateral labia incisions).

Surely that is literally having your cake and eating it? Cock and fake vagina...really?!
Isn’t that turning themselves into a sex doll? It’s certainly not being a woman. Buy a fleshlight for your boyfriend ffs

It was based on her religious beliefs (rather than a gender critical belief) but this was an interesting read - considering it was The Independent it was a surprisingly mostly neutral article (back in the day the Independent was my paper of choice because it was pretty impartial but that changed a lot in recent years)

Reactions: 7
I just bought the book invisible women, went onto good reads to see some reviews and what people are saying it, most of it is positive and 5 stars, but there are quite a few review giving 1 or 2 stars and saying ‘I have to give this book two stars for its appalling erasure of trans and non binary people’ FFS can women not have anything!?

• Wow
Reactions: 18
I just bought the book invisible women, went onto good reads to see some reviews and what people are saying it, most of it is positive and 5 stars, but there are quite a few review giving 1 or 2 stars and saying ‘I have to give this book two stars for its appalling erasure of trans and non binary people’ FFS can women not have anything!?
I really like that book. There’s so much in it about how systems are designed without women in mind. But I don’t think people who are criticising the book for not addressing trans issues have read it. Theres nothing in it that says “women, because they are born women” are so disadvantaged. It’s all “typically” women are shorter/have more caring responsibilities/ present with illnesses differently/ have higher pitched voices and by designing the world for people who are taller etc women are disadvantaged.

I’m a short woman. It’s very interesting to me that I’m more likely to die or be injured in a car accident because the safety tests use an average male body as the default. How is acknowledging that harmful to trans people?

Reactions: 15
I really like that book. There’s so much in it about how systems are designed without women in mind. But I don’t think people who are criticising the book for not addressing trans issues have read it. Theres nothing in it that says “women, because they are born women” are so disadvantaged. It’s all “typically” women are shorter/have more caring responsibilities/ present with illnesses differently/ have higher pitched voices and by designing the world for people who are taller etc women are disadvantaged.

I’m a short woman. It’s very interesting to me that I’m more likely to die or be injured in a car accident because the safety tests use an average male body as the default. How is acknowledging that harmful to trans people?
If you enjoyed the book, the author has a newsletter/blog where she writes about more examples and related topics: http://newsletter.carolinecriadoperez.com/

Reactions: 8
Netflix continues using pronouns in casting announcements even if no one in the cast is trans or "non-binary" ... you're not "normalising" anything or being "inclusive" and people should NOT have to introduce themselves with pronouns

Reactions: 8
If you enjoyed the book, the author has a newsletter/blog where she writes about more examples and related topics: http://newsletter.carolinecriadoperez.com/
Did you see what she wrote about the responses to her questionnaire recently: “Thank you also to those of you who took the time to give me feedback on the sex and gender questions, I’ve taken your comments on board and if I do another survey I’ll have a play around with the wording there too.”

I do hope I’m just being paranoid and tired of all this tit and it doesn’t mean the start of the erasure of women = adult human female :-(

Reactions: 5
Did you see what she wrote about the responses to her questionnaire recently: “Thank you also to those of you who took the time to give me feedback on the sex and gender questions, I’ve taken your comments on board and if I do another survey I’ll have a play around with the wording there too.”

I do hope I’m just being paranoid and tired of all this tit and it doesn’t mean the start of the erasure of women = adult human female :-(
I'm hoping not, given that female sex specifically is the entire point of her blog. I like to hope she'd be one of the last people to forget what that means!

Reactions: 5
I'm hoping not, given that female sex specifically is the entire point of her blog. I like to hope she'd be one of the last people to forget what that means!
I saw that and hoped that she meant she’d be careful to specify the use of sex not gender. (I filled in that survey myself and made a comment specifically about the importance of sex vs gender.) If she starts TWAW-ing, I’ll cancel my subscription.

(Mind you, I went to see her speak right before the pandemic hit the UK, and I remember somebody in the audience asking what they thought was quite a crafty question about “gender”, and she blithely answered about sex while also quite cleverly giving the impression that she completely agreed with the person asking the question, who had a face like a cat’s bum by then. So I think she’s careful but aware about what’s right. I hope I’m not wrong.)

A twoman I know posted a group photo yesterday and everyone was standing relatively normally. Not her though. Head to one side, hand on hip, other hand in the air, one leg pointing out (this sounds like some twister pose) - why do twomen always do this? That isn't how women pose for photos.

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.