Gender Discussion #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
that is one of the things that infuriates and upsets me so much, and i see it thrown around casually A LOT by these TRAs - my mind boggles that they genuinely compare it to women with cancer getting mastectomies or hysterectomies 🤯

i have a lot of gynae problems and have done since i was late teens/early 20s (as i’m sure most of us do) and have had to go private because of waiting times and difficulty accessing treatment/being listened to because really no one cares about women’s reproductive health issues - it’s not easy for us 🤷🏻‍♀️ i didn’t even grudge going private, just felt fortunate that i was in a position to be able to do so because many others aren’t. when i had abnormalities on my cervix i was seen within 2 weeks though because it would have been potentially life-saving. that’s clearly what they want, to be treated like women on a cancer pathway and it’s just so self-centred and demanding.

i even had to pay to see a private gynae to get the contraceptive pill yasmin even though it is the recommended treatment for severe pmt but they want bleeping mastectomies and SRS and HRT and whatever else they want immediately through their GP lol. if they were really women they would listen to our experiences and have empathy for what we go through in terms of our health. i don’t think there are many women who won’t have faced these difficulties so it’s not even like they’d need to dig deep for our experiences.

Reactions: 27
Stonewall trending on TwitTwat this morning. Good. It needs criticism.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Stonewall trending on TwitTwat this morning. Good. It needs criticism.

Infuriating to know my tax money has been funding SW. Here’s me thinking my tax money was helping to fuel ambulances, etc. :rolleyes:
Good to see articles coming out about it.

Reactions: 10
Late to the party but I can’t stand Owen their whole ethos just seems to be trans trans trans non binary are all that matter in Bangor. I really don’t think they really have what’s best for Bangor in mind it’s all about them.

Reactions: 15
Late to the party but I can’t stand Owen their whole ethos just seems to be trans trans trans non binary are all that matter in Bangor. I really don’t think they really have what’s best for Bangor in mind it’s all about them.
Exactly, I’d like to know what he is doing for the elderly constituents, for example. It does seem all trans trans trans youth.

Last edited:
Reactions: 11
Infuriating to know my tax money has been funding SW. Here’s me thinking my tax money was helping to fuel ambulances, etc. :rolleyes:
Good to see articles coming out about it.
a transition is also tax deductible in Canada. Cut off healthy body parts= less taxes.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
i even had to pay to see a private gynae to get the contraceptive pill yasmin even though it is the recommended treatment for severe pmt but they want bleeping mastectomies and SRS and HRT and whatever else they want immediately through their GP lol. if they were really women they would listen to our experiences and have empathy for what we go through in terms of our health. i don’t think there are many women who won’t have faced these difficulties so it’s not even like they’d need to dig deep for our experiences.
This just reminds me because it is worth knowing - if anyone wishes to go on the pill (of your choice!) or obtain emergency contraception without having to visit a GP or pharmacist, you can visit this website https://helloeve.co/ and fill out some details to have it prescribed and posted out to you for a small cost.

Reactions: 4
Owen Hurcum is an entitled and misogynistic man and unfit to be Mayor of Sesame Street, let alone Bangor. It says it all when he doesn't see an issue with referring to women as "TERFs".

He was waffling on about how "cis women" can access HRT within 3 months of their initial appointment with a GP. Simply not true. I've seen plenty of women in my life fight for HRT (for menopause) after being prescribed antidepressants for years and gaslit by doctors. He has absolutely no idea what women experience.

My view is that he along with the other TRAs need to take responsibility for their own decisions and stop squawking that the NHS is discriminating against them. No one is stopping them from going private.

Reactions: 27
Owen Hurcum is an entitled and misogynistic man and unfit to be Mayor of Sesame Street, let alone Bangor. It says it all when he doesn't see an issue with referring to women as "TERFs".

He was waffling on about how "cis women" can access HRT within 3 months of their initial appointment with a GP. Simply not true. I've seen plenty of women in my life fight for HRT (for menopause) after being prescribed antidepressants for years and gaslit by doctors. He has absolutely no idea what women experience.

My view is that he along with the other TRAs need to take responsibility for their own decisions and stop squawking that the NHS is discriminating against them. No one is stopping them from going private.
Yep I'm one of them, was assured by my GP that anti depressants were the recommended treatment for my menopausal symptoms

• Sad
Reactions: 14
Did you hear/see? Mark Ruffalo's daughter is gender binary 🤦‍♀️

I am sure there are binders involved in this. There's been a HUGE push for transgender kids of late. It's sickening.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 9
Did you hear/see? Mark Ruffalo's daughter is gender binary 🤦‍♀️

I am sure there are binders involved in this. There's been a HUGE push for transgender kids of late. It's sickening.

Another Hollywood actor's kid being 'trans'. Seems to be a trend.

Reactions: 12

I don’t get it. Literally a daughter who wears a suit. It isn’t pushing gender boundaries. Talk to Tilda Swinton or Cara Delavigne or Kristen Stewart or Jodie Foster who regularly wear suits. It’s not gender non conforming. This is bollocks.

ETA the article is over 5 years old but this just seems to be a girl who doesn’t like dresses. And that’s great but not groundbreaking.

Busy Philips daughter is now queer and uses they pronouns. She’s 12. She still dresses very girly and seems to have crushes on lots of tween boys. So I don’t get it. It’s just trying to be different and parents are trying to be cool with it. The captions that use They all the time as so clunky.

Reactions: 17

I don’t get it. Literally a daughter who wears a suit. It isn’t pushing gender boundaries. Talk to Tilda Swinton or Cara Delavigne or Kristen Stewart or Jodie Foster who regularly wear suits. It’s not gender non conforming. This is bollocks.

ETA the article is over 5 years old but this just seems to be a girl who doesn’t like dresses. And that’s great but not groundbreaking.

Busy Philips daughter is now queer and uses they pronouns. She’s 12. She still dresses very girly and seems to have crushes on lots of tween boys. So I don’t get it. It’s just trying to be different and parents are trying to be cool with it. The captions that use They all the time as so clunky.
👀 looks down...
I have been laying floor tiles this morning and appear to be wearing a vest and dungarees, am I a man??

• Haha
Reactions: 15
👀 looks down...
I have been laying floor tiles this morning and appear to be wearing a vest and dungarees, am I a man??
Dungarees AND laying a floor?

Better chop your tits off and give you some testosterone pronto

• Haha
Reactions: 21
👀 looks down...
I am also wearing trousers. I’m clearly gender non conforming and will need privacy at this time.

• Haha
👀 looks down...
Maybe you are genderfluid, genderqueer, non-binary or demi-boy/demi-girl? Perhaps you should start exploring your gender. How do you feel wearing dungarees and laying tiles opposed to wearing skirts and getting a manicure? Or do you fluctuate about how you feel about those things?

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Maybe you are genderfluid, genderqueer, non-binary or demi-boy/demi-girl? Perhaps you should start exploring your gender. How do you feel wearing dungarees and laying tiles opposed to wearing skirts and getting a manicure? Or do you fluctuate about how you feel about those things?
These people don’t have real jobs. And when they do - like Mayor of Bangor - they do a tit job because they are obsessing about this stuff. I know a lot of young people who are working hard and trying to make the best of a really bad time with high rents, housing crisis, jobs crisis etc. but this lot are making them all look completely pointless and indulged.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Charlize Theron has an adopted trans child too. Charlize knew the child's "true" gender when they were three years old, apparently. 🙄

I'm not much of an Angelina Jolie fan in general, but her attitude seems quite admirable. She and Brad let their daughter Shiloh dress in "boy's clothes", have a short haircut, have the nickname John, but have continued to refer to her as a girl. Interestingly, many media outlets don't respect that, and talk about Angelina's trans son - but Angelina herself always speaks about her DAUGHTER.

Reactions: 16
Sometimes I think that we are regressing, I grew up a bit of a tomboy, have always worn what I am comfortable in and never felt the need to explain my choices, no one cares!
All this 'gendering' of clothes, make up etc is totally irrelevant in most people's lives.
Years ago BIC produced a range of For Her pens which were mercilessly slated on Amazon.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Heart
Sometimes I think that we are regressing, I grew up a bit of a tomboy, have always worn what I am comfortable in and never felt the need to explain my choices, no one cares!
All this 'gendering' of clothes, make up etc is totally irrelevant in most people's lives.
Years ago BIC produced a range of For Her pens which were mercilessly slated on Amazon.
Everything is about the money, 1970's hand me downs were the norm so in poorer households clothing was unisex. Now that more parents find out the sex of the baby before birth the whole pink/blue thing is entrenched from birth and monetised to the nth degree.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.