Gender Discussion #13

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I've just watched this old Stewart Lee doc about evangelicals trying (and ultimately succeeding) in shutting down Jerry Springer the Opera. Lots of good talking heads in there. Lots of parallels with what's happening now.

Reactions: 4
Charlize Theron has an adopted trans child too. Charlize knew the child's "true" gender when they were three years old, apparently. 🙄

I'm not much of an Angelina Jolie fan in general, but her attitude seems quite admirable. She and Brad let their daughter Shiloh dress in "boy's clothes", have a short haircut, have the nickname John, but have continued to refer to her as a girl. Interestingly, many media outlets don't respect that, and talk about Angelina's trans son - but Angelina herself always speaks about her DAUGHTER.
I blame Charlize and Angelina for that nonsense they pushed down their daughter's/son's throat.

I do NOT think Brad Pitt supported it and Angelina is the kind of evil witch (sorry for being crass) she is, is using the kids against him. Source: https://www.thethings.com/20-things-angelina-jolie-doesnt-share-about-her-firstborn-shiloh/

Also, FYI, Madonna went down the same path with her adopted son Banda. She's making him dress in lady's clothes. Rocco, her biological son, could have gone the same path if not for Guy Ritchie having full custody.

I am not villifying women or female celebrities but this seems to be a growing trend amongst celebrities now. They are trying to normalise this nonsense.

You also have this nonsense that Jolie said about her own flesh and blood.

“(Shiloh) looks like Brad. It’s funny because she’s almost going to be the outcast in the family because she’s blonde and blue-eyed. I felt so much more for Madd, Zahara and Pax because they were survivors,” Jolie said. “Shiloh seemed so privileged from the moment she was born. But I’m conscious that I have to make sure I don’t ignore her needs, just because I think the others are more vulnerable.”

I feel sorry for the little girl. Godspeed.

Source: https://www.today.com/popculture/shiloh-jolie-pitt-goes-blob-outcast-wbna22205927

Satire but true sadly. https://www.hvy.com/greg-thomson/transgender-agenda-hollywood-african-babies

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
There is a conspiracy theory that a group of famous women including Angelina, Madonna, etc. are in a secret society whose entry requirements include the celebrity having at least one child that is out as "trans" or "non-binary." I don't believe in this but I can see why people would ...

Reactions: 5

This is an interesting article - made me think about how we know that females are more likely to be aborted than males.
I found it outraging and sad, and it supported what I knew anyway as a woman with brothers. Everybody hates and devalues women to some extent. It’s relentless.

Reactions: 4

This is an interesting article - made me think about how we know that females are more likely to be aborted than males.
This is not my experience of having a younger son at all. The fact this woman's baby was circumsised makes me question her culture, potentially that has impacted the reaction to her son.

In fact in my circle most women want a girl, the only pro boy comments I got were one or two, is your husband pleased to be getting a boy.

Reactions: 9
This is not my experience of having a younger son at all. The fact this woman's baby was circumsised makes me question her culture, potentially that has impacted the reaction to her son.

In fact in my circle most women want a girl, the only pro boy comments I got were one or two, is your husband pleased to be getting a boy.
It seems to be an American author? I don’t get the obsession Americans appear to have with circumcising baby boys. Quite often it is non religious.

The casual reference to mutilating her newborn baby put me off anything she had to say tbh

Maybe the fact we, as a society still see cutting babies genitals as normal and acceptable, is why so many people are able to accept further mutilation of "trans" children.

Personally I don't think we should ever be removing the healthy normal body parts of children of any age.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
The casual reference to mutilating her newborn baby put me off anything she had to say tbh

Maybe the fact we, as a society still see cutting babies genitals as normal and acceptable, is why so many people are able to accept further mutilation of "trans" children.

Personally I don't think we should ever be removing the healthy normal body parts of children of any age.
I agree, the body is such a marvel that everything served a function at some point during evolution so why remove healthy tissue and body parts, bizarre.

People bond with children that share their interests and passions, as those are often aligned with sex, it's no real suprise that a Man woul have a preference for a boy as there is an assumption that said Son would enjoy the same things as his Father, doesn't always follow. I have a Son and quite frankly would have had 20 boys before I'd want a girl and if I did ave girl, she'd be playing cricket. Both my nieces are dancers, bores me silly and on top of that my Sister sends them to cheerleading which seriously grinds my gears based on the history of it. I know it's changed now but I just can't supprt something that was designed as a sop to Girls while the boys got on with the real sport.

Reactions: 7
I own several pant suits and I sometimes wear men’s aftershave. I think I need HRT, double mastectomy and applauds and cheers from the masses for being so brave 😔

• Haha
Reactions: 13
“The Finnish researchers warned that the DNA results were based on a small sample and only a relatively small number of genetic sequences could be read, meaning they had to rely to some extent on modelling”

ie they have no robust evidence and this is all conjecture to suit the current trend of erosion of sex classes. 🙄

TW for this whole post. Under a spoiler, please approach with caution. This has made me feel like I can't properly think for anger for nearly a day now.

The Guilty Feminist had Mridul Wadhwa on their podcast recently. MW is a transwoman, entirely self IDd, no GRC. MW is currently the head of Edinburgh Rape Crisis. MW got their previous job (again at a rape crisis centre) by not declaring their sex, despite it being advertised as a position only available to a woman. Apparently this was fine as 'no one asked'.

MW said that "Sexual violence happens to bigoted people too. But if you bring beliefs that are discriminatory, expect to be challenged on your prejudice. Reframe your trauma". Also does not believe that women accessing this service should have the right to request a female only environment in the aftermath of their trauma.

Link to the Twitter thread for the Guilty Feminist here:

You will have to click more replies to read most of them as they are being hidden and commentators are being blocked because apparently the views of women about rape crisis centres are unwelcome to a 'feminist' podcast.

Deborah Frances-White's response is here. To me, it is such a strawman argument. Equating adoption and adoptive relationships with TWAW is a nonsense. If nothing else, the part 'biology will out' is ummm, what women are telling you.

Rape crisis service users are being told, in their most vulnerable, painful moment, even then that they are not as important as the political ideology of certain groups. And 'feminists' are celebrating this. The world is upside down and I cannot understand any of it.

This thread from Women and Girls in Scotland has a lot more on the background and a response to the recent claim by Rape Crisis Scotland that asking whether provision is single-sex in rape crisis centres is somehow preventing women from accessing the service.

This is a thread by a male worker in a rape crisis that demonstrates everything MW is not.

I thought I had 'peaked' before. But this, this is unconscionable.

I found a lot of this a bit traumatising because of personal history. I really, really apologise if it has the same effect on anyone else.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
TW for this whole post. Under a spoiler, please approach with caution. This has made me feel like I can't properly think for anger for nearly a day now.

The Guilty Feminist had Mridul Wadhwa on their podcast recently. MW is a transwoman, entirely self IDd, no GRC. MW is currently the head of Edinburgh Rape Crisis. MW got their previous job (again at a rape crisis centre) by not declaring their sex, despite it being advertised as a position only available to a woman. Apparently this was fine as 'no one asked'.

MW said that "Sexual violence happens to bigoted people too. But if you bring beliefs that are discriminatory, expect to be challenged on your prejudice. Reframe your trauma". Also does not believe that women accessing this service should have the right to request a female only environment in the aftermath of their trauma.

You will have to click more replies to read most of them as they are being hidden and commentators are being blocked because apparently the views of women about rape crisis centres are unwelcome to a 'feminist' podcast.

Deborah Frances-White's response is here. To me, it is such a strawman argument. Equating adoption and adoptive relationships with TWAW is a nonsense. If nothing else, the part 'biology will out' is ummm, what women are telling you.

Rape crisis service users are being told, in their most vulnerable, painful moment, even then that they are not as important as the political ideology of certain groups. And 'feminists' are celebrating this. The world is upside down and I cannot understand any of it.

This thread from Women and Girls in Scotland has a lot more on the background and a response to the recent claim by Rape Crisis Scotland that asking whether provision is single-sex in rape crisis centres is somehow preventing women from accessing the service.

This is a thread by a male worker in a rape crisis that demonstrates everything MW is not.

I found a lot of this a bit traumatising because of personal history. I really, really apologise if it has the same effect on anyone else.
That is truly awful

I’m annoyed to be pleased a man is saying what needs to be said as well as all of the women who do so and take abuse. But he appears to be in a position of knowledge on this subject as well.
its appalling that someone who should be caring for vulnerable people is bringing their politics into it.

Reactions: 13
Here's an incredibly good article on this from For Women Scotland.

Including the frankly bizarre statement by MW that therapy is political.

It really is a case of showing who you are. I mean, it's just coming out and saying it.

I’m annoyed to be pleased a man is saying what needs to be said as well as all of the women who do so and take abuse. But he appears to be in a position of knowledge on this subject as well.
its appalling that someone who should be caring for vulnerable people is bringing their politics into it.
I did think about including his thread in there, but I do think it's an excellent example of understanding how to do this work with delicacy, care and sensitivity. And that it's perfectly possible for a male-bodied person to understand that.

This is a thread by Dr Jess Taylor that covers some of the same ground and is just *right* from start to finish.

Reactions: 12

That is horrendous.

I listened to that podcast occasionally a few years ago, and it was one of the things that first made me aware of the whole debate. I remember listening and feeling such a sense of disconnect between my own experiences and beliefs, and theirs.

One week they had a trans guest on - but of course, as it's a podcast, your only reference point is the voice, and I kept wondering why this man was on. It was a particularly stark example really, as the male voice kept interrupting and talking over the women. That was what led me to first start looking these issues up!

Sofie Hagen was one of the presenters at the time, and made an enormous fuss about insisting on unisex toilets on her tours, while also claiming her tours would be "safe spaces" for anxiety sufferers, which...well, I don't have to spell it out, do I?

Reactions: 12
I'm so uset about the Mridul words. Absolutely if a woman was the CEO and said those things then the actual woman would be sacked and vilified quite rightly for being so unfeeling about victims. MW on the otherhand, *tumbleweed*. Anyone else would be sacked.

Also, just received an email from a manager in another team, their email was written in size 11, as normal. Their signature however...

In size 14 font:-

Firstname Surname
Pronouns [in red, underlined]: they/them or she/her
Department
Telephone number

This person is a woman, with a child, a husband, a typically feminine name, and physically very obviously a woman. So why has she prioritised "they/them" before "she/her"?

I have not seen them in person since Covid began so possibly they may have decided they are "NB" since then but what struck me most was the font size. The email was in the normal size then POW!!! Hits you in the face with size 14 signature with pronouns red and underlined. o_O Good job I am working from home because I exclaimed "Sheeeeeeep!"

If they must put them then keep it same sized font ffs. Sizing it up several times just makes you look sanctimonious and now when i eventually see this person in person I'm worried she is going to police my speech. 🙄

Reactions: 8
Wish we had an eyeroll reaction for all this pronoun fuckery :rolleyes:

They/them is a bit of a red herring imo. Sometimes I refer to someone as "they" and have no issue when people do the same for me either. But it has totally been claimed by the blue hair brigade who want to compete in the oppression olympics.

I'm so disappointed in Deborah Frances-White and the whole Guilty Feminist lot. I stopped listening to the podcast a few years ago when the capture started to become evident, but wow, she is doubling down.

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.