Gemmairelandpell

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I remember correctly, her bio was much longer than that, looks like she has just condensed it down - fingers crossed 🤞🏻🤞🏻

If my child was gravely ill, or god forbid worse, the last thing on my mind would be amending my instagram profile

Reactions: 2
Baby being used for Ads already, really disappointing. She had people all over the country that praying for her & sending her love but her first post of her “miracle baby” being home is nothing to do with him, no updates on how he’s doing, just a picture of an empty pram to ensure she keeps her freebies rolling in. Way to repay all the support & love you’ve been sent, thought she’d realise what was important in life after all her “trauma” but clearly not.

Reactions: 9
Baby being used for Ads already, really disappointing. She had people all over the country that praying for her & sending her love but her first post of her “miracle baby” being home is nothing to do with him, no updates on how he’s doing, just a picture of an empty pram to ensure she keeps her freebies rolling in. Way to repay all the support & love you’ve been sent, thought she’d realise what was important in life after all her “trauma” but clearly not.
Exactly what I expected!

Reactions: 2
Anyone get the feeling she’s maybe got PND or isn’t enjoying actually being a mother? All her stories since her sons birth have been about the daughter who’s passed away. It’s like she’s not really celebrating her son being here & only fixating on her loss. I can imagine it must be really hard as you romanticise the baby born after a loss (I’ve been there) then reality hits & having a newborn is hard & tiring, maybe not the fairytale she imagined. But I do feel really sorry for her son because the only mention she’s given him since bringing him home is to get paid for advertising his pram or nursery decor. There’s no celebrating him or how he’s getting on, or mentioning she’s enjoying being his Mummy, which considering the focus she put on having him is really bizarre. Hope he’s being celebrated & adored behind closed doors by other family members.

Reactions: 8
Anyone get the feeling she’s maybe got PND or isn’t enjoying actually being a mother? All her stories since her sons birth have been about the daughter who’s passed away. It’s like she’s not really celebrating her son being here & only fixating on her loss. I can imagine it must be really hard as you romanticise the baby born after a loss (I’ve been there) then reality hits & having a newborn is hard & tiring, maybe not the fairytale she imagined. But I do feel really sorry for her son because the only mention she’s given him since bringing him home is to get paid for advertising his pram or nursery decor. There’s no celebrating him or how he’s getting on, or mentioning she’s enjoying being his Mummy, which considering the focus she put on having him is really bizarre. Hope he’s being celebrated & adored behind closed doors by other family members.
I don't think it is bizarre - I think having a baby after a stillborn could potentially bring a whole new wave of grief, as with your newborn you are now realising everything you missed out on with your stillborn and also there is the fear/guilt that your stillborn baby might be forgotten. I imagine it's really difficult to navigate.

I'm due in January after a stillbirth 10 months ago. I can't wait to meet my baby but also terrified as I know I'm a very high candidate for PND.

Edit to say: I do not think you need to feel sorry for her son - her son, I am sure, is getting all the love and attention he needs. I imagine she just doesn't want her P forgotten about and feels a need to still champion her. It's easy to judge when you haven't been through it so please show some compassion.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I don't think it is bizarre - I think having a baby after a stillborn could potentially bring a whole new wave of grief, as with your newborn you are now realising everything you missed out on with your stillborn and also there is the fear/guilt that your stillborn baby might be forgotten. I imagine it's really difficult to navigate.

I'm due in January after a stillbirth 10 months ago. I can't wait to meet my baby but also terrified as I know I'm a very high candidate for PND.

Edit to say: I do not think you need to feel sorry for her son - her son, I am sure, is getting all the love and attention he needs. I imagine she just doesn't want her P forgotten about and feels a need to still champion her. It's easy to judge when you haven't been through it so please show some compassion.
I believe it also has a lot to do with attention, it’s clear that she loves that for whatever reason be it good or bad.

Reactions: 5
It’s BLAW. I find as a bereaved parent it can sometimes feel like a battle to feel like people remember the fact your baby existed. Grief also isn’t linear and can be exaggerated by the smallest things which sadly does include bringing home a healthy baby.

Reactions: 1
It’s BLAW. I find as a bereaved parent it can sometimes feel like a battle to feel like people remember the fact your baby existed. Grief also isn’t linear and can be exaggerated by the smallest things which sadly does include bringing home a healthy baby.
Yes I agree. I'd personally find it triggering and insulting if anyone thought I was talking about/posting about my dead child for attention - I am doing it so the world remember's they existed.

Edit: I have posted about Baby loss awareness week nearly every day this week - Gemma has a big enough following so if she post nothing this week, people would probably find that even stranger

Reactions: 1
Yes I agree. I'd personally find it triggering and insulting if anyone thought I was talking about/posting about my dead child for attention - I am doing it so the world remember's they existed.

Edit: I have posted about Baby loss awareness week nearly every day this week - Gemma has a big enough following so if she post nothing this week, people would probably find that even stranger
I’ve expressed my opinion on a forum, I have never messaged her directly, if she chose to read about herself here and find it ‘triggering’ then that would be her problem. If you’re going to have an open profile with a large following then opinions, good and bad, are to be expected.

Reactions: 4