Gemmairelandpell

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just to add in response to a few of the comments after mine, that of course it’s appropriate for her to reference her daughter a lot, especially during baby loss awareness week, I never said she shouldn’t be, I said i don’t think it’s normal or a good sign of how she’s doing mentally that she’s only fixating on her & not really acknowledging her son at the same time. And I do feel sorry for him if she’s in a bad place where she’s grief stricken & this is the reason he’s not being acknowledged, it’s a very sad situation if that’s the case. But also funny how she posts items for sale quite frequently & easily🙄

Reactions: 6
Just to add in response to a few of the comments after mine, that of course it’s appropriate for her to reference her daughter a lot, especially during baby loss awareness week, I never said she shouldn’t be, I said i don’t think it’s normal or a good sign of how she’s doing mentally that she’s only fixating on her & not really acknowledging her son at the same time. And I do feel sorry for him if she’s in a bad place where she’s grief stricken & this is the reason he’s not being acknowledged, it’s a very sad situation if that’s the case. But also funny how she posts items for sale quite frequently & easily🙄
I’ve just noticed a few minutes ago that she’s trying to sell yet more of her unwanted stuff to ‘fans’

Reactions: 5
Conveniently timed photo of her and baby. Tell me you read here without telling me you read here 🙄

• Haha
She 100% reads here. She posts the baby a lot on her profile page, I won’t post a picture of him as i think it goes against rules. He looks a lot like Jake. rumour has it she’s struggling a lot though more with the guilt and grief she’s still feeling and it’s just been heightened since Ted arrived.

• Sad
She 100% reads here. She posts the baby a lot on her profile page, I won’t post a picture of him as i think it goes against rules. He looks a lot like Jake. rumour has it she’s struggling a lot though more with the guilt and grief she’s still feeling and it’s just been heightened since Ted arrived.
This doesn’t surprise me to be honest, she got pregnant again incredibly quickly which I know she will have had her reasons for, but it didn’t allow a lot of time to grieve initially let alone with the extra emotions of another baby in the mix.

Reactions: 4
Originally I thought it was good she got pregnant when she did as it would’ve distracted her and boosted her mood, given her hope etc etc
But now I agree with you both, she’s too overwhelmed and isn’t enjoying the baby, it’s clear to see.

Reactions: 5
I thought the same too, she got pregnant within a few months after P, which didnt give her enough time to grieve her, i hope poor Ted doesnt suffer cos of this

Reactions: 3
Parents buy stuff like this and then wonder why they end up with needy babies who never learn to self soothe. I don’t get it!
There’s nothing wrong with a ‘needy baby’ and expecting a baby to learn to self soothe is ridiculous when it’s near impossible for adults to do it without using drugs or alcohol.

There’s nothing wrong with a ‘needy baby’ and expecting a baby to learn to self soothe is ridiculous when it’s near impossible for adults to do it without using drugs or alcohol.
If you need drugs and/or alcohol to feel content I think maybe it’s time to seek help!

Parents these days are run ragged because the art of teaching your Children to be content has disappeared.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
If you need drugs and/or alcohol to feel content I think maybe it’s time to seek help!

Parents these days are run ragged because the art of teaching your Children to be content has disappeared.
Nah when you’re out and about and there’s kids screaming or sudden noises then the shusher is perfect to drown it out and help your baby stay asleep.. nothing to do with teaching your child to be content. Would you stay asleep with such noise going on around you?

Reactions: 1
Parents buy stuff like this and then wonder why they end up with needy babies who never learn to self soothe. I don’t get it!
A few of you are so angry at this post 😂 I’d be willing to bet you’re the same kind of parents who moan that you don’t have time to shower, haven’t washed your hair in a week, your houses are a mess etc. 😆

Reactions: 2
A few of you are so angry at this post 😂 I’d be willing to bet you’re the same kind of parents who moan that you don’t have time to shower, haven’t washed your hair in a week, your houses are a mess etc. 😆
No not at all, i manage all of those things with my 4 month old. It infuriates me seeing people make comments on how children should be robots/trained instead of responding to their needs.

Reactions: 7
No not at all, i manage all of those things with my 4 month old. It infuriates me seeing people make comments on how children should be robots/trained instead of responding to their needs.
Teaching Children to self soothe and be content in themselves does not equal raising ‘robots’. At some point all parents need to leave their Children in the care of other people, when you return to work, nursery, school etc and trust me the ones who have been held constantly, never left to cry for a moment, never played on their own, find it one hundred times harder. It’s actually a selfish thing but parents regularly justify it to themselves that they’re being an attentive parent.

He’s literally like a month old I don’t think it’s fair to expect him to self soothe at all. You do what you need to survive the fourth trimester and make it as stress free as possible. If that means a rockit then so be it. Will he be four and needing rocked to sleep? Doubt it

Reactions: 7
He’s literally like a month old I don’t think it’s fair to expect him to self soothe at all. You do what you need to survive the fourth trimester and make it as stress free as possible. If that means a rockit then so be it. Will he be four and needing rocked to sleep? Doubt it
You start as you mean to go on though, so many make a rod for their own back in the early days. If you’re able to think ahead things end up being much easier for parents and baby.

You start as you mean to go on though, so many make a rod for their own back in the early days. If you’re able to think ahead things end up being much easier for parents and baby.
Not always though every baby is different. I rocked my little one and fed him to sleep for 6 months. He slept all night and self settled for naps at 6 months, slept at nursery and for grandparents when I went back to work. It’s the early days, what works for one doesn’t always work for the other.

Not always though every baby is different. I rocked my little one and fed him to sleep for 6 months. He slept all night and self settled for naps at 6 months, slept at nursery and for grandparents when I went back to work. It’s the early days, what works for one doesn’t always work for the other.
I’m not saying my way would work for everyone but I can assure you that it results in happy, secure, confident, content Children.

In the parenting World it seems that it’s a given that you’re going to be completely exhausted and run ragged, if you say there is another option your deemed to be judging those other parents.
---
Nah when you’re out and about and there’s kids screaming or sudden noises then the shusher is perfect to drown it out and help your baby stay asleep.. nothing to do with teaching your child to be content. Would you stay asleep with such noise going on around you?
You’re completely missing my point, if you don’t go to these lengths in the first place almost all babies will learn to sleep through different noises all around them just fine.

I’m not saying my way would work for everyone but I can assure you that it results in happy, secure, confident, content Children.

In the parenting World it seems that it’s a given that you’re going to be completely exhausted and run ragged, if you say there is another option your deemed to be judging those other parents.
---

You’re completely missing my point, if you don’t go to these lengths in the first place almost all babies will learn to sleep through different noises all around them just fine.
I’m not judging for saying there’s another option? It seems like you’re almost judging people for using methods to get their children to sleep. I don’t need told what leads to secure , confident children as i have a degree in that and do it in my job :)

I’m not judging for saying there’s another option? It seems like you’re almost judging people for using methods to get their children to sleep. I don’t need told what leads to secure , confident children as i have a degree in that and do it in my job :)
Ditto 👍🏼