Garrihy Sisters #4 The poet, the pyjama queen and the passive aggressive Princess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So many people say this but my own experience was that I was admitted to hospital unexpectedly and had multiple admissions thereafter. I was told on the first admission not to leave the county as another hospital wouldn’t have my notes and I may not have the best outcome.

A lot of my friends had unforeseen complications and babies at 36 weeks who needed NICU, two of whom had emergency sections.

It’s totally Aoibheann’s business and pls God her baby will arrive safe and sound with no complications as would be my wishes for all babies. However, it does irk me a little when ppl say that phrase “women have been having babies for 1000s of years”. I know my MIL and both grannies has stillbirths so modern medicine and being close to maternity hospitals or alongside medically trained staff are definitely of huge benefit also. (Not getting at you.. just I hear this a lot and politely disagree)
I totally agree, I gave birth to my babies (plural 😂) two months ago and not for love nor money would you have gotten me more than 45 mins away from my hospital for the last 2 months or so!! Maybe because I was higher risk, but I wanted to be guaranteed to give birth in the hospital with the doctors/midwives I had attended throughout the pregnancy. And I know the flight is only 7 minutes, but getting on a tiny plane while in labour wouldn't really appeal... By the way I am in no way suggesting she is irresponsible or anything like it, it just wouldn't be for me 😊

Reactions: 5
Oops, I’ve kicked off a debate, sorry gals! Wasn’t suggesting she was being irresponsible either, just wouldn’t be for me. I got the competition’s ferry to Inis Mor a couple of years ago and it was close to 45 minutes from Connemara, that’s all I could imagine, but if there’s a plane option then grand so! And the Garrihys were after all practically reared in the West as they are always at pains to point out with their fake culchie accents, contractions on a plane or boat would be no bother to Aoibhinn!

Reactions: 7
I'm sure she had thought of all of that anyway. If she wasn't comfortable being there she wouldn't have gone. 😊

Reactions: 2
Sure wasn't she at an awards night the night before having one of the other kids.
I feel like Amy Hüberman did the same. I’m pretty sure she was at the IFTAs shortly before one of her babies was born. In all honesty I envy women who can carry on as normal when pregnant as that was the opposite to my experience. Even amongst my friends group, some had no issues conceiving, with pregnancy and easy births which is fantastic. And then there’s the rest of us 🤣

Reactions: 2
I feel like Amy Hüberman did the same. I’m pretty sure she was at the IFTAs shortly before one of her babies was born. In all honesty I envy women who can carry on as normal when pregnant as that was the opposite to my experience. Even amongst my friends group, some had no issues conceiving, with pregnancy and easy births which is fantastic. And then there’s the rest of us 🤣
I'm so glad I never felt pressure to carry on as normal and got full maternity leave and could put my feet up.

This carry on is creating too much expectations that a woman should be pregnant, give birth and just carry on regardless. Rest and relaxation and a baby bubble is normal.

Reactions: 4
Surely whatever way any woman wants to act during her pregnancy is perfectly grand. If one person wants to be busy doing activities and feels well and happy then why not do just that.
If another is quite anxious and feels like putting the feet up or feels a bit crap shur isn't that just natural too.
There's no one size pregnancy that fits all but I personally think if anyone doesn't want to see a woman feeling really well with the day to day of it then that's on them it's not really a fault of the influencer.
I'm neither a fan nor do I dislike the sisters it's just that I find this narrative that women who are pregnant and feeling really good and having a positive experience shouldn't say that because it's more palatable to others that your feeling drained or not feeling well.
As I say just my tuppence.

Reactions: 14
This is Aobhin Garrihy though. She was shocked at people's criticism of her climbing Cuarantoohill at 7 months pregnant. There is keeping active and then there is making a point and I think Aoibhin is firmly in the latter. Which in my opinion is stupid. I know her husband climbed Everest and would have been an experienced guide but still I wouldnt take the risk. My Dad is an avid hill walker / mountain climber and has done it for years travelling abroad etc for climbs but would never take a heavily pregnant woman up a mountain regardless of fitness. Accidents do happen. Despite all my Dad's experience he once broke both of his legs on after a fall on a mountain.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I couldn't care less whether she climbs Everest while pregnant or stays in bed all day, she is the biggest dose going bar her middle sister who appears to have nothing to do bar obsess about a wedding that was 2 bloody years ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Aoibhin doesn’t need the maternity hospital anyway doesn’t she just breath them all out with some beo products & then her milk arrives just in time for smooth breastfeeding 🤥🤥🤥🤥 no pain relief superhero Mom Aoibhin - make sure you let us know you didn’t get pain relief 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Aoibhin doesn’t need the maternity hospital anyway doesn’t she just breath them all out with some beo products & then her milk arrives just in time for smooth breastfeeding 🤥🤥🤥🤥 no pain relief superhero Mom Aoibhin - make sure you let us know you didn’t get pain relief 🙄
And tit poetry.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Did she say she had no pain relief with the others?! 😱 The pain relief is great! 😂

Reactions: 4
Surprised Ailbhe wasn't at the stupid brides "protest" in Dublin today, she is so obsessed with weddings.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.