Garrihy Sisters #4 The poet, the pyjama queen and the passive aggressive Princess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So I listened to 2fm this morning against my better judgement. I like Donncha so said I’d give the Doireann show (&2) a chance….

Maybe I picked the wrong day but it started with talk about faeces thanks to Karl. Not a bit funny and inappropriate for breakfast time listening I think.

This was followed by a heartwarming story by Donncha about a father being reunited with his son after 25 years after he was abducted. It was interrupted by Doireann loudly singing over what Donncha was saying.

Maybe I’m old or cranky or whatever but it wasn’t enjoyable listening. Too many voices. Too much fake merriment particularly from Doireann. And I thought disrespected not to listen to Donncha’s poignant story.

I’m sure Doireann is a nice person in her own circle of friends and family. However, I feel she rose to the top top fast and believes her own hype. Humour is great when you get the timing right and in the past (a year ago plus) she made me laugh out loud at one or two of her podcasts. But I think she needs to let the other presenters talk and shine. Particularly regarding a more sensitive subject like abduction. I was so interested in the story but switched off altogether once she burst into song.

Rant over… sorry to vent…

Reactions: 22
Can someone explain to me how that radio show is on 2fm in the mornings? The screeching and fake laughing is actually so hard to hear that early in the morning , they have to be down listeners 😲
I agree, I tried listening but Carl is cruel bad, so false. Bring back Jen Bernard & Keith!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Isn't it a bit ironic that Doireann is always going on about her favourite advice from Euge is "no one gives a duck about you", yet she can't take a hint of anyone criticising her or disliking her. Maybe Euge needs to teach some introspection and self-reflection next 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I don't know why they didn't give marty guilfoyle the job with her in the morning. They had natural chemistry and he's already got experience. These 3 have been put together and its just so forced.

Reactions: 13
I don't know why they didn't give marty guilfoyle the job with her in the morning. They had natural chemistry and he's already got experience. These 3 have been put together and its just so forced.
Can't imagine Marty would have wanted an early morning gig. When things eventually go back to normal, I imagine Marty will go back to DJ'ing in clubs at night, plus his style of music/DJing is probably more suited for night shows! They did have a natural chemistry though!

Reactions: 2
"Influencers" (lol) monetising their children for free stuff is absolutely gross.

Mortified for Doireann have to beg people online to go on her podcast. The latest is Michael O'Leary of Ryanair. All though I guess it would be a step up from interviewing literally every member of your family.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
"Influencers" (lol) monetising their children for free stuff is absolutely gross.

Mortified for Doireann have to beg people online to go on her podcast. The latest is Michael O'Leary of Ryanair. All though I guess it would be a step up from interviewing literally every member of your family.
I hate in her intro the way she says she interviews “influential” people. First off, a random punter can be more interesting than someone well known. Adam the star of the late late toy show 2020 proves that.. such an adorable and yes influential person with his virtual heart but she would have passed him in the street and not noticed what a little legend he is. Also… while we all adore our family, what make Euge, Clare and Ailbhe influential!? I’ll let Aoibheann go as she was in Fair City 😄

Reactions: 6
I hate in her intro the way she says she interviews “influential” people. First off, a random punter can be more interesting than someone well known. Adam the star of the late late toy show 2020 proves that.. such an adorable and yes influential person with his virtual heart but she would have passed him in the street and not noticed what a little legend he is. Also… while we all adore our family, what make Euge, Clare and Ailbhe influential!? I’ll let Aoibheann go as she was in Fair City 😄
Tommy Tiernan has proven that with his show. But yeah who needs to hear the gospel according to Clare bloody Garrihy.

Reactions: 10
Most people go for a walk in their leggings or shorts. Ailbhe goes for a walk, has to tell her followers and link the €99 dress that she is wearing for the said walk 🤣

Reactions: 7
Most people go for a walk in their leggings or shorts. Ailbhe goes for a walk, has to tell her followers and link the €99 dress that she is wearing for the said walk 🤣
Riveting content! Just like her story of Sean stirring in his sleep tonight and her husbamd gjving him his dummy. Why even share this? It's like no one else has had a child before. This woman is meant to workin marketing but her page is so bland.

The Garrihy's try and act all superior but Aoibhin and Ailbhe oversharing their children and monetising them really annoys me more so than other influencers. They have no need for it financially surely. Aoibhin's husband has a successful hotel and Ailbhe works in the family business.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.