Garrihy Sisters #4 The poet, the pyjama queen and the passive aggressive Princess

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
100% agree - no need for absolutely everyone to post and be self-righteously performative on socials about their feelings. I’ve a lot more respect for those who use some decorum and respect by saying little or nothing, after the shameful carry on of most who did post, using it to promote themselves. It’s actually shown up these gobshites for exactly who they are and highlighted their pure and utter narcissism.

Reactions: 22
Genuinely did not hear of it. Didn’t see or hear any news Xmas day which wouldn’t be unusual for us not to tune in that day and I didn’t see it anywhere in the days after. Being saddened privately won’t bring about change unfortunately.
Maybe not but nor will BOD swapping Banana bread recipes for a soap box just because you want to hear from him.

Reactions: 4
Maybe not but nor will BOD swapping Banana bread recipes for a soap box just because you want to hear from him.
Maybe he would if his follower count dropped. If people were only quietly saddened by Savita Halappanavar‘s death we’d still have the 8th amendment in our constitution.

Reactions: 10
I understand its such an emotive topic but people with or without public profiles have the right to feel however they feel. Nobody can assume that just because your a public figure you have the capacity (mentally or emotionally)to publicly address the nation on such a topic.
Athletes, actors and TV presenters are just that the people who we need to be putting the tough issues to and expect to be able to bring about changes are the politicians we elected. That is their job and its a reasonable expectation to be answerable to the public and do what is expected of them to make this country a safer place through justice and law and order.... An athlete or celebrity cannot be expected to do this!

Reactions: 10
This will continue to go around in circles, think it should go back to the garrihy’s

Reactions: 31
Genuinely did not hear of it. Didn’t see or hear any news Xmas day which wouldn’t be unusual for us not to tune in that day and I didn’t see it anywhere in the days after. Being saddened privately won’t bring about change unfortunately.
I’ve just had to Google this case because I never heard a word of it either. I didn’t see it on any social pages or on the news app.

Reactions: 2
What she posted about the McPlant burger describing vegan cheese is actually illegal, the 2 Johnnies got pulled during the week over a similar ad, they removed and apologised for their post. She should be removed as a national dairy council ambassador asap. Clearly not too supportive of the Irish dairy industry
She’s not an ambassador anymore I emailed them.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Is she no longer doing McDonald ads or is she no longer representing dairy council Ireland? Or both?
Either way, I'm glad she removed the insensitive McDonalds ad. No money is worth showing an advert for a fabulous Friday straight after a story of a murdered girl's vigil.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
So all the insta huns have been flat out calling for change after poor Ashling Murphy’s murder yet when I went to check today every single one of them are still following (and basically supporting) Conor mcgregor who is a known rapist who has zero respect for women including his long term partner and mother of his kids. Just doesn’t sit right with me at all. How is this change going to come about unless you stand up and be counted? I know Instagram is all fake but I get sucked in like the next person but this is just the last straw.
Ailbhe and Aoibhin are followers but not Doireann interestingly!

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Just saw the dad Eugene is appearing on some podcast called how to pivot...talk about scraping the barrel 😅
The description literally says you know him for the girls insta stories, the ick 😅

• Sick
Reactions: 4
Just saw the dad Eugene is appearing on some podcast called how to pivot...talk about scraping the barrel 😅
The description literally says you know him for the girls insta stories, the ick 😅
I’m sick of podcasts about absolute nonsense with nonsense guests talking absolute drivel 🙄 you just know that podcast has absolutely dreadful sound

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.