Gabriella Lindley #71 Festering at Janes morn to noon, socials as dead as Jewniper Mewn

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her recent story saying she went to Sheffield for just over 24 hours for a final scan and took Nellie. See this is why we know you don’t have friends Gabby. Why would you put your cat through such a long journey for such a small amount of time when one of your ‘friends’ could come and feed him for one day?
I’m not a cat owner so maybe some of you will disagree with me. But this just seems crazy to me to put him through that if you don’t have to.

• Sad
Reactions: 91
Her recent story saying she went to Sheffield for just over 24 hours for a final scan and took Nellie. See this is why we know you don’t have friends Gabby. Why would you put your cat through such a long journey for such a small amount of time when one of your ‘friends’ could come and feed him for one day?
I’m not a cat owner so maybe some of you will disagree with me. But this just seems crazy to me to put him through that if you don’t have to.
it is ridiculous, we foster cats on the regular and would never take them on such a pointless journey. Cats are also ok to be left overnight on their own if you make sure they have everything they need. There’s also so many cat sitting sites etc especially in Brighton. Taking a cat on an 8 hour train journey (there and back) within 24hour is just cruel

Reactions: 51
it is ridiculous, we foster cats on the regular and would never take them on such a pointless journey. Cats are also ok to be left overnight on their own if you make sure they have everything they need. There’s also so many cat sitting sites etc especially in Brighton. Taking a cat on an 8 hour train journey (there and back) within 24hour is just cruel
We occasionally had to leave our cat at home alone but we had a timed feeder and we would leave her extra bowls of water about the house. I actually think she probably enjoyed not being around us for a day. Gobs doesn't want to leave Nelly alone because he'd jump out a window to get away from her.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
We occasionally had to leave our cat at home alone but we had a timed feeder and we would leave her extra bowls of water about the house. I actually think she probably enjoyed not being around us for a day. Gobs doesn't want to leave Nelly alone because he'd jump out a window to get away from her.
thats what I was thinking, just get a timed feeder and leave extra water. She doesn't even need friends just some thinking and her fave spending some money.

Reactions: 19
This has most likely been mentioned before and it's more of a pet peeve but Brighton/Hove has SO many cute, independent coffee shops (Small Batch for example). Why would anyone who lives there want to constantly support Starbucks? Especially a "small business owner". Surely it gets boring?

Reactions: 33
I’m surprised she hasn’t bought a cat buggy so she can push him around like a baby. He must weigh a ton in a carrier. Or has she and I’ve just not seen it?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I’m surprised she hasn’t bought a cat buggy so she can push him around like a baby. He must weigh a ton in a carrier. Or has she and I’ve just not seen it?
I feel like I remember her showing a new carrier that had wheels 🤔

Reactions: 7
That’s what the granny trolley is for 😏

• Haha
Reactions: 3
This has most likely been mentioned before and it's more of a pet peeve but Brighton/Hove has SO many cute, independent coffee shops (Small Batch for example). Why would anyone who lives there want to constantly support Starbucks? Especially a "small business owner". Surely it gets boring?
She said real coffee from independent coffee shops tastes like cigarettes. She also did a Nespresso sponsorship where she got a really expensive coffee machine gifted and she was so disgusted drinking it, she couldn't even pretend to like it for the ad. The same thing happened when her brother and his girlfriend came to visit and they went to an actual café and she ordered a coffee.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
We've never had a problem leaving our cat home for a 24 hour overnight trip. Nine times out of ten he's still curled up in the same spot on the back of the couch 😂 a timed feeder helps but even before we got one of those he never seemed terribly affected by the bowl of food or all the pots of water I'd leave out for him. Cats are very independent and quite happy to have their own space. I usually leave the radio on for him too, Jim likes BBC radio 2 😂

But I think Gabby took him because she was anticipating a longer stay in Sheffield. Regardless of the outcome of the doctor's visit I think she took him in case she was too lazy to go back to Brighton again 🤔

Also I am not a flavoured coffee fan so I had to look up a toffee nut latte and 🤢 it comes with FOUR pumps of syrup in it as standard which is INTENSE but I don't think swapping it for two pumps is much better 🤔 a friend once made me a gingerbread latte at home with her swanky barista setup but because she knew I didn't like flavoured coffee she only put in a tablespoon of the syrup (by Monin, for reference?) And that was perfect. I could enjoy the fuss but without it feeling sickeningly sweet.

Reactions: 20
I don't understand why she doesn't find a reputable cattery or cat sitter in Brighton. It's so cruel dragging a cat up and down the country in a carrier needlessly and he must find it so confusing.

Reactions: 30
I don't understand why she doesn't find a reputable cattery or cat sitter in Brighton. It's so cruel dragging a cat up and down the country in a carrier needlessly and he must find it so confusing.
That or just find someone in her block of flats to pop in and check in oh him??!?!?

Her lack of common sense is just baffling.

Reactions: 19
That or just find someone in her block of flats to pop in and check in oh him??!?!?

Her lack of common sense is just baffling.
Or invite her brother and Sophie to stay at her place for a week when she's at Jane's. She doesn't have a job and can plan her trips according to their schedule and they would probably love exploring Brighton and London on free accommodation.

It's so crazy that she pretended multiple friends (she used plural) came over to fix her fringe but none of those imaginary people were ever around through the years when she could have needed someone.

Reactions: 24
Exactly! Even if you don't have a chum to ask them to look in on your cat there are specific services to do that... that or thr timed feeders others mentioned could have been an Ideal Spons for her!

Poor Nelson...bet he wishes he could stay with Jane and the other cat, access to a garden etc. Instead he is treated as a therapy cat and fed like a goose destined for foie grais.

Reactions: 9
Exactly! Even if you don't have a chum to ask them to look in on your cat there are specific services to do that... that or thr timed feeders others mentioned could have been an Ideal Spons for her!

Poor Nelson...bet he wishes he could stay with Jane and the other cat, access to a garden etc. Instead he is treated as a therapy cat and fed like a goose destined for foie grais.
Fois gross

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
Just move to Sheffield already gabby. Her favourite doctors and surgeons are there, her mum is there, the cat that Nelly supposedly hates but seems to be fine around is there. I like travelling on trains and find it quite fun but it seems ludicrous to keeping dragging yourself and your cat up and down the country, hardly actually living in your expensive seaside flat and never experiencing anything in Brighton!

Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.