Freddy My Love #3 Wannabe posh brat with the mixed matched styled flat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That’s the problem, she doesn’t bother to educate herself in her field of pink and Disney fantasies. She can buy a book about about fashion or research specific materials. Where they are from, how they are made, etc.
Exactly. Every single occupation in this world (barring influencers and youtube personalities, of course) requires training to succeed in a job. And most of them require you to spend time developing and honing your skills if you want to succeed. Agreed, university may not be for everybody, but there are always different ways to learn.
Would you spend your money on a makeup artist who does not know how to blend eyeshadow? No.
Then why would you spend your time (which is equally as valuable as money) or money on recommendations from an influencer who claims to be in the field of fashion but does not know squat about materials, fabrics and cuts?

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Amazing that one of the fastest evolving industries and we see very few educating themselves on any aspect of it.

Reactions: 11
Freddy Cousin Brown a la fashion world: acts/ behaves like she's Miranda Priestly but is actually Andrea in the first 10 minutes of The Devil Wears Prada...or rather the 20-year-old pink gum stuck on the bottom of Andrea's Mary Janes.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I hate to give her credit because she’s just as awful, but Josie actually studied fashion and worked in luxury for many years before starting out. Her fashion choices are also questionable but at least she has the vocabulary to back them up 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10
I hate to give her credit because she’s just as awful, but Josie actually studied fashion and worked in luxury for many years before starting out. Her fashion choices are also questionable but at least she has the vocabulary to back them up 😂
Is it bad that I actually much prefer Josie's fashion choices than Freddy's? They're both almost close in age but Freddy just looks like she's trying to squeeze herself in little outfits. I am biased cos I love a more conservative dressing style but Josie pulls off most of it with style. Some of her outfits are indeed questionable but 99% of the time I love what she's wearing. Although she wears the same silhouttes, she still injects some life into her outfits by wearing patterned or textured clothes, plus she is knowledgeable about it. The same can't be said for Freddy. Every outfit choice is just an iteration of the previous one. And at least Josie doesn't call herself a 'dictator of taste'.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
She didn’t study fashion she studied Fashion marketing. The internship at Mulberry was to do with their PR side than fashion. Although I understand your point. Josephine many times have tripped herself up on screen by not being able to know an epaulette to a dart. I think she thinks she knows a lot about fashion because of the internship but when the occasion arises for her to show off that alleged knowledge she can’t and it shows

Is it bad that I actually much prefer Josie's fashion choices than Freddy's? They're both almost close in age but Freddy just looks like she's trying to squeeze herself in little outfits. I am biased cos I love a more conservative dressing style but Josie pulls off most of it with style. Some of her outfits are indeed questionable but 99% of the time I love what she's wearing. Although she wears the same silhouttes, she still injects some life into her outfits by wearing patterned or textured clothes, plus she is knowledgeable about it. The same can't be said for Freddy. Every outfit choice is just an iteration of the previous one. And at least Josie doesn't call herself a 'dictator of taste'.
No but she’s acted like one many times over. Doing videos on how to stay classy, look expensive, style faux pas, the ultimate video, etiquette none of which she lives by

Reactions: 9
That’s the problem, she doesn’t bother to educate herself in her field of pink and Disney fantasies. She can buy a book about about fashion or research specific materials. Where they are from, how they are made, etc.
literally, her sentences are- “feels expensive”, “ looks expensive” , “feels cheap” , or “looks cheap”.

Question is: why does it feel that way? What materials were used? What to look for?

She calls herself a “dictator of fashion” but she doesn’t even know tit or materials.
Exactly. She doesn't need to get a degree or follow a course but it's so obvious that she simply doesn't have a clue on what is supposed to be her expertise.

Whenever she finds something inspired by a fashion era it's pretty obvious she is completely ignorant. She never bothers to look into the different eras and what inspired this shift. Same goes for fabrics and materials - most of the stuff she promotes is cheap polyester. She is so ignorant to push her viewers to tear off the fabric labels showing how she obviously doesn't care to see what the clothing item is composed of, which is the most important thing when taking care of the material and reusing it.

There's also the whole sustainable fashion movement, which has become quite popular with content creators but she chooses to completely ignore it. She obviously finds the whole idea of buying pre-loved clothes revolting and has only done a couple of charity shops videos, where she acted like a complete snob. Furthermore, she keeps on choosing to promote fast fashion brands and trendy items constantly rather than focus on those classic items which are long lasting and more sustainable.

On a final note, she always comes up with a disclaimer that she buys a ridiculous amount of clothes because it's her job. That's fine but rather than use this to her advantage and show her viewers what is worth it to buy and what is not, she'll shill anything she gets and her favourite videos are hauls. Many fans have begged her to have a what is new to my wardrobe video but she rarely does those because she wants her fans to buy mindlessly. She lives in a delusional world on her own - her pink bubble. The regular person in the street does not have the space (or money) to keep all the junk she promotes and "buys" or rather gets gifted for free. Not everyone is willing to buy an apartment and turn it into practically a wardrobe because we all know that 75% of her apartment will be cluttered with her fashion items and she'll claim they are art pieces to display :rolleyes:

While what is obviously trending are capsule wardrobes and sustainable and mindful fashion trends, Freddy chooses to be an ignorant brat because this skirt is "sooOoo cute".

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
New video: jungle green and cheetah print pillows and palm trees all against a pink French decor room, and 1920s art deco. Her flat is going to look so mismatched, I can't wait to see LOL

She was also sponsored by Lily Silk, a company accused of using polyester satin: https://www.resellerratings.com/store/LIlysilk_7
Funny she can't tell the difference, considering how "posh" she is

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
Ohh so strange, I looove Freddy's kitchen😅 But the rest.. there was a point where I thought: ohh those little bips and bops changes look nice! Aaaand then she overdid it with all the wall decoration and the mismatched floor in the living room 😅 and the home decor stuff she showed today was so I don't know.. kitch? But considering her mother's quirky style it's not strange she also likes that kind of decor 🙊

Everyone is entitled to his or her own taste ofcourse!

And btw was I the only one who thought she came across a bit bored and uninspired during her video 😅 I mean.. the way she explained what kind of kitchenware she was holding 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I am SO shocked! Palm trees? Jungle theme? Leopards? In a french inspired decor? 🙄😵 Also the crown hooks? This must have been the most tacky homeware haul ever! I think her mum's ideas really influenced her and she is now so, so confused. Such a pity, I initially thouht that this flat had potential.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
Can we just take a minute to talk about the curtain fabric she put on her story today too? With the pink AND green AND whatever the green wallpaper sample was…now she wants stripy curtains? This place is going to end up a busy hot mess.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 19
A little part of me is excited to see how she decorates with all her new stuff. Only because at least she hasn’t gone all copy-paste Instagram home decor like every single other influencer. For once she actually shows what seems to be her true personality, a little more quirky and fun. Not my taste but still interested to see how it looks finished anyway. I like her kitchenware? Haha

Reactions: 20
Which one of us wants to get blocked by telling her that neither of those tacky patterns will work, as curtains, in that room? 🤓

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I just finished watching the video and the first thought that came to mind when she showed her cushions was Bretman Rock lol. I actually know what kind of interior design she's going for but I never knew she was into that. Whatever floats her boat I guess!

Reactions: 7
like someone else said above, I appreciate that she isn’t doing the cookie cutter “influencer” home and seems to be following her own style for her apartment. I will give her that. I think it’s positively horrible, and I thoroughly question all of her taste now 🤣 but I appreciate her commitment to it and I’m eager to see it finished. I’m so invested in how ugly it will be 🤣🤣 it’s gonna be great 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I have never known anyone have a 'themed' bedroom.

I personally would have gone to a independent home shop where you can find lots of different pieces.

Reactions: 8
Her taste is terrible. All that gold with the leopard cushions with those huge flower pots? "Dictator of fashion" indeed.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Lol the little passive aggressive emoji at the end. I can’t stand her.
6968C72D-35AA-4399-9E47-F60A4DF64CB1.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.