Freddy My Love #3 Wannabe posh brat with the mixed matched styled flat!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
many of us know she isn’t as posh as she is or has tried to be because many have figured out het humble beginnings. Nothing wrong with being humble or growing up modestly. If anything, she should be proud that she has made it to where she has gotten but like JLO even says, “
Don't be fooled by the rocks that I got
I'm still, I'm still Jenny from the block
Used to have a little, now I have a lot
No matter where I go, I know where I came from” (except Freddy is somewhat embarrassed)
I completely agree. I think it’s much more impressive to find opportunities for yourself than to be born into privilege and capitalise on that. It’s a shame more people don’t agree.

Reactions: 7
Oh man if it’s not even west London then I have no clue. I’d love if it was north London 😂 the least Freddy thing ever tbh

• Haha
With the amount of clothes she has, the bedroom should be the walk in wardrobe and she have her bed in that small walk in wardrobe make it super cosy

Reactions: 9
So I wouldn’t describe it as iconic, but frankly I wouldn’t describe anything as iconic, because I’m not 14. I can see why it’s a good fit for her and she clearly loves it, which is great. It’s a pretty good setup but has its flaws - the building looks like could do with a coat of paint and some sprucing up, for example. Instead of saying “the exterior is iconic” perhaps she might say “I love that it has unique features and history behind it”, as opposed to making it sound like it’s a Nash terrace or something…

To be clear I absolutely think it would be sensible for her to say she lives “in the greater London area” or similar, and the same would be true even if she lived in Belgravia. It’s the false persona and hyperbole I object to rather than her being careful (ish) about safety. She portrays herself as tremendously posh and gives an impression of privilege from birth, as others have alluded to here, when that’s not the case, and she has cultivated a brand around west/central London that’s just completely fake.

Oh and on this - it was actually that bathroom that made me sure I had the right place. Another flat in the building has those same tiles, in a bathroom that actually looks infinitely worse than hers. I would hazard a guess that hers is one of the nicer flats in the building.
You’re more observant than me what clues did she give out that was a giveaway?

Reactions: 8
freddy if you read here, let me give you some video ideas:
• moments/pieces/collections in fashion history you personally resonate with and love
• moments/pieces/collections you can’t stand (without being snobby - some actual real criticism and why you couldn’t see yourself wearing them instead of just calling things tacky, ugly, or cheap looking)
• choosing the 50 fashion pieces from your collection that you absolutely could not live without and wear to death (a capsule wardrobe essentially, but we all know she’d never actually get rid of anything)
• a yearly favourite trends of the year video

its possible to make interesting and engaging fashion content without posting yet another haul or wardrobe clear out video

• moments/pieces/collections in fashion history you personally resonate with and love
• moments/pieces/collections you can’t stand (without being snobby - some actual real criticism and why you couldn’t see yourself wearing them instead of just calling things tacky, ugly, or cheap looking)
• choosing the 50 fashion pieces from your collection that you absolutely could not live without and wear to death (a capsule wardrobe essentially, but we all know she’d never actually get rid of anything)

its possible to make interesting and engaging fashion content without posting yet another haul or wardrobe clear out video
to elaborate on the 50 pieces idea, the point is for the pieces to be as mix and match as possible, so she could get a big variation of outfits without every single piece having to be new/something she’s never worn before

• Heart
You’re more observant than me what clues did she give out that was a giveaway?
I’m not sure how I can explain it without giving it away unfortunately. I really don’t want to give clues to where she lives on the internet, and have tried very hard not to do so. But there was something she said in a recent video that made it abundantly clear where she’s situated.

Reactions: 5

to elaborate on the 50 pieces idea, the point is for the pieces to be as mix and match as possible, so she could get a big variation of outfits without every single piece having to be new/something she’s never worn before
I like the capsule wardrobe idea - be interesting to style one piece multiple ways. I think Trinny once did 5 pieces styled 15 ways or something similar that was quite interesting!

I’m not sure how I can explain it without giving it away unfortunately. I really don’t want to give clues to where she lives on the internet, and have tried very hard not to do so. But there was something she said in a recent video that made it abundantly clear where she’s situated.
I understand. If you could possible tell me please which vlog it was then I’ll watch it. Knowing me I’ll probably miss it but I’ll give it a go. Of course I won’t divulge but I’m intrigued

I understand. If you could possible tell me please which vlog it was then I’ll watch it. Knowing me I’ll probably miss it but I’ll give it a go. Of course I won’t divulge but I’m intrigued
It’s her most recent video.

Reactions: 6
It’s her most recent video.
I found the listing. I watched the video and you’re right. It didn’t take long to find it either. All I’ll say is that for anybody to get on the property ladder is an achievement. What I take objection to is how it is appeared to be done. She no doubt had family help. If she carries on claiming it’s from babysitting money, modelling jobs over the years or film extra work then I’m sorry but she is not only lying to her audience but to herself. In the meantime she has been able to afford designer handbags, luxury holidays, takeaways, shows, the usual expenses of young people. Making out she’s an ultimate saver is delusional and it’s encouraging a false reality to very vulnerable viewers who will see that and think A: why can’t I? They may even have better paid jobs but suffering from the pandemic because financial set backs are a thing of reality B: get themselves into debt to keep up with her. From what I’ve seen it’s a fairly average home and average price for the area. Also as one commentator pointed out making out she’s some kind of aristocratic debutante getting her palatial London flat in a very desirable post code is utter bullshit. It’s not W1 by you’d need at least 2 tubes and a connection at Euston to get to Harrods which for her is why she’s kept shtum. She’s embarrassed not fearful as she’s never had any issue revealing her parents address online. For a woman her age it’s not to be embarrassed on where she’s decided to set up home it’s her behaviour and attitude that she should be embarrassed by.

Reactions: 10
So to have done this by herself she would need:
10% deposit (minimum): £57k
513k mortgage, meaning around £100k proven annual income
Her costs will have been very limited because of the stamp duty holiday - £3.5k stamp duty and say £3k legal costs
Her mortgage payments would be around £2,100 per month, which would line up with affordability for a person earning just over £100k.
Then of course she is spending what looks like at least £50k on a renovation to me.

So to recap around let’s say £130k average income (given the unstable nature of her work) and £120k in cash savings to pull this off without totally leaving herself without a cash buffer. I think the income is plausible. The savings less so.

Please feel free to correct my maths!

Reactions: 9
Sorry. I will not agree that she's ascended to sainthood because she bought a flat. Many of us do it every day, mortgages are not exactly a new thing.

Disagree with me if you like. But buying a house just for the sake of flexing is tacky, lower class behavior. I also don't think she has the skill or audience to sustain an income long term that will support the lifestyle she wants/wants to portray.

Reactions: 12
I watched the blog and didn't pick up a thing :/

I would hate to be an influencer/vlogger and have such a big mortgage. The nature of the work is unsustainable and those are huge monthly repayments, more than some people’s monthly wage. At least the beige one is investing in other properties which seems sensible.

Reactions: 13
Maybe feeling safe and being close to her family were her priorities with the location (assuming the flat is close to them). Being in her mid 20s and never having lived out of home and having a small amount of fame online would be enough to make her anxious about her safety living alone in central London.

I'm not from the UK so even as someone with limited knowledge of English culture I agree she creates a classist, disingenuous idea of who she is online to market her image to unknowing foreigners and naive people with similar taste. She sells an image of an Aryan posh Londoner with a frivolous lifestyle, full of travel and luxury. It seems like she's dashing around London as an aristocrat. She adds an element of being well rounded and down to earth with the cheap fast fashion, other strategic tacky elements and emphasising how thoughtful she is with money. In reality she's probably a royalist sycophant at best.

At the very least it is good she sets an example of a financially independent young woman and I'm genuinely happy for her with buying her own home

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.