Formula One Wags #110

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
No because it really is giving uni leaflet vibes ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
100% accurate, I was actually there when they re did my schools one and it was very much โ€˜now nobody look at the camera and act like you are having funโ€™ ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Just going to ignore the first part of this postโ€ฆ
I would ask why are they all obsessed with hitting each other with the space hoppers, but that would mean ignoring the fact that I did the exact same thing to my brothers when we were younger ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
i remember when i did the same thing to my sister . she flew across the room ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 8
To me itโ€™s a โ€˜I donโ€™t like what he said butโ€ฆโ€™ sentiment. And what he said about education just seems like a cover up, everything heโ€™s said on Sky is unraveled by what heโ€™s said in the article defending Nelson - but thatโ€™s just my opinion. I still donโ€™t think heโ€™s racist but heโ€™s also just not clearly condemning whatโ€™s been said by saying itโ€™s a culture thing but people only see the bad. Thereโ€™s no need to defend Nelson. I truly get itโ€™s hard to go against family but he even said heโ€™s not going to try to get him to change his views which idk, doesnโ€™t sit right with me. Max has and will never experience racism and him saying Nelson isnโ€™t a racist because he knows him just isnโ€™t that great of a reason.
He said " I think the wording that was used, even though of course with different kinds of culture and things they said when they were little and younger,was not correct. Let it be a lesson for the future not to use the word, because it is very offensive and especially nowadays it gains more traction " by this he means even it was used in different context in their culture it was not correct, atleast that is what I am getting.if he had said that word was wrong but it has different context in their culture I would have agreed with your point of view, what he really said it has different word in their culture but it is better not to use it, not the other way around . "People of course label him as a racist now, which I don't think he is, but I fully agree that you cannot use those words". I agree he should not certify that nelson is not racist because he has spent some time with him because people usually wont reveal their true self to every one.

Reactions: 2
All this laughter just made me completely ignore how Daniel really wanted to hug Lando after the smack, bless his heart ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
And I really believe people should focus on what nelson and Bernie said not what max said. Whatever max opinion can be, it doesn't matter and deviate people from what nelson and Bernie said.

Reactions: 8
He said " I think the wording that was used, even though of course with different kinds of culture and things they said when they were little and younger,was not correct. Let it be a lesson for the future not to use the word, because it is very offensive and especially nowadays it gains more traction " by this he means even it was used in different context in their culture it was not correct, atleast that is what I am getting.if he had said that word was wrong but it has different context in their culture I would have agreed with your point of view, what he really said it has different word in their culture but it is better not to use it, not the other way around . "People of course label him as a racist now, which I don't think he is, but I fully agree that you cannot use those words". I agree he should not certify that nelson is not racist because he has spent some time with him because people usually wont reveal their true self to every one.
But then he went on to say โ€œAs he said, it can be interpreted in two ways, and of course people pick up on the bad side and it gets really blown out of proportion, because I know Nelson personally." - this unravels every good word he may or may not have said before. Of course he won't say it's a great word and people should use it more often, he knows how incredibly stupid that would be (not that I think this is his opinion but generally speaking). But this sentence in particular and him thinking he knows what's racist behaviour or not, if Nelson was being racist or not, as a white man is baffling. He doesn't get to decide if he's expressed racist behaviour or not.

And I really believe people should focus on what nelson and Bernie said not what max said. Whatever max opinion can be, it doesn't matter and deviate people from what nelson and Bernie said.
Well I think one can do both as they're both really bad - they should both be addressed. I can like Max but still call him out on his bullshit, just like I can simultaneously condemn what Bernie and Nelson did. The one thing that shouldn't be done is pretending that thing Lando said about George is more important, because it isn't - not when there are serious racist remarks being thrown around like no big deal.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
Thank you โค

Good new (i think?) for anyone watching the race on skysport, Christian won't be interviewed from the pit wall ๐Ÿ˜…

Oh so it takes a racism row to get Horner to shut the duck up eh? Again, the one time he could have actually come out and said something meaningful and made Redbull look less toxic.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Why does Lando look like he is taming some kind of wild horse here ? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

Screenshot_20220630-203208_Chrome.jpg

I don't know if it is because he is laughing but his nose looks a bit red here

Screenshot_20220630-203530_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Right now i am ashamed i am Dutch....
I saw a Dutch interview where he said something like: why should i react on social media, nelson said these things, not me.

Come on Max! You are a grown man!

(DR called him one day a fake Dutchy, because he is Dutch but lived his whole live in Belgium, he is indeed a fake Dutchy).

View attachment 1381135
Yes Max, you read that right!!
Oh no no, last season when the Belgian media claimed him to be half Belgian, we got corrected that he chose the Dutch nationality and does not hold a Belgian passport. So by all means, do keep him! ๐Ÿคฌ

(And yes, the comments on Belgian news outlets on the matter are just as disgusting. Saying how Hamilton should stop being so sensitive/woke, that he's always crying racism, being a dramaqueen etc.) ๐Ÿคข๐Ÿคฎ

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.