Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Ultimate Lurkee

VIP Member
It’s not because he knows Nelson. Literally everyone was hoping for him and even Kelly before that disgusting like to not be like him and rooting for them, giving them the benefit of the doubt. It was what Max said himself that put him in this position. Everyone was fine with what he said to Sky as well, then he fucked it up. It’s his doing, no one’s putting him in a position. He was the one driver, possible the only one, that absolutely should’ve said something because it was him Nelson was trying to praise by talking about Lewis like that. And he completely failed to distance himself from Nelson’s remarks in his interview with autosport. And while it might not be the most important thing, it’s still important to make young fans aware that this is not an appropriate answer to racism - trying to make excuses for racial slurs. There’s no defending that.
I think particularly in Max’s case because his fan army have shown racist behaviour towards Lewis as well that he should have put out a strong statement against it. He is, like it or not, an ambassador for the sport and its supposed ideals. Excusing what was said by saying he is a nice person to me, a white man, is bullshit to be honest.

Reactions: 16

imolathesecond

VIP Member
I'm sorry you have experienced that. I'm obviously a white woman so have no idea what people of colour go through on a daily basis but obviously working in healthcare, there alot of people within the NHS from different backgrounds and cultures as well as people we care for. I've seen and heard some appalling things in my time and it makes my blood BOIL. It must be exhausting for all who go throughthis daily...and the worst people are the ones who don't THINK they are racist, the "I'm not racist BUT...." ones, the "But I have a black friend" ones. Maxs so called apology smacks of that for me 🤷🏻‍♀️
Racism in healthcare is a whole other niche, I could write a book at this point. I guess the loveliest encounter I had was someone who was threatening me to take the needle with which I was going to vaxx them and stab it in my 'brown skin'. Great stuff.

• Angry
  • Sad
  • Wow

Sc1909

VIP Member
Really like what Luisa is wearing and yes can cinnamon just fuck off. How horrible can one person be? Did she not understand landos comments were directed at her?

Id like to think if any wag ever read here they’d find us to be supportive but yeah abit judgy on their fashion choices 🤷🏻‍♀️

Edit - can bad language get me banned? 😳 i usually asterisk it out or whatever but I was feeling it strongly.

• Heart

Knit Happens

VIP Member
Screenshot_20220701-132212_Instagram.jpg

Where exactly does she think Lu's gonna put her phone? Does she not know that women's jeans only have pockets big enough to fit a mosquito's suitcase in them!? Women do this all the damn time cos noone wants us to have proper pockets!

• Haha
Lol, I am not defending MAX, I don't see the point of hate towards max or focusing and interpreting max and clinging to what max said when nelson had said things wrong. It is not even about max but kudos to the media and everyone for making it about max. calling out max or focusing on him is not fighting against racism.
Everything needs context, how can you judge someone without any context.
Isn't the point that the word can be used in a loving way, allegedly, or in a racist way? Unless you think that Piquet was using it in a loving way whilst criticising Lewis, I don't think any other context is needed is it? We know which variation of the word he was using so unless there's another context I'm missing, I don't get the argument that Max was right to defend Nelson. I don't think any of us want to believe Max is a racist but it's not a strong condemnation is it?

• Heart

Futtrit

VIP Member
Now I know there is that older generation who lived when coloured was the phrase said. But the only ones still using it are the outright racists, or the low-key racists - e.g. he was a coloured chap, but he was very good, in reference to a tradesman or something. I can't tell you how many times I've heard a certain person I sort of know say something like that.
Bernie also said "I've never met a coloured person I didn't like"

Massive racist 101. Vile fucker.

• Angry
  • Wow

lni33

VIP Member
I might join you in that screaming session tbh. I’m still not over the lack of drivers coming out to say anything against the Supreme Court last week. I can’t remember exactly who did and who didn’t, but I know the lack of who did was concerning. And then some of the things that have now come to light the past couple of days is really just not helping the situation at all.
It really is just solidifying that like 90% of the grid are over privileged white males who aren’t affected by real world issues

Disappointed by them but not surprised as usual 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Heart
Reactions: 15

monza

VIP Member
And I was bitching about lame meme season 😆

Once again proven you can count on him like one, two,
IMG_20220630_194605.jpg

• Haha

lni33

VIP Member
Isa loves the squids, this is not the first post of them she’s liked on this page 😅

E4CFB8CD-9BD3-4602-BE96-933B53FCB976.jpeg

• Heart

imolathesecond

VIP Member
I’m going to put my two pence in on the whole ‘mistake’ thing sorry

I think what it find the most hurtful about Lando and Max saying it was a mistake is I was attacked (not going to say how but you can probably guess) when I was a teenager by a very popular guy at my school, I reported it to the police and it was a whole extremely hard situation but people around, other kids at school and even the teachers constantly telling me he was a good kid, he made a mistake and that i was ruining his future. In the end the pressure got to me and I dropped all charges and it’s something I regret to this. He went on to a top Uni and got a really good job but then was arrested for doing the same thing to another girl and I blamed myself for a very long time that I basically reinforced his behaviour, that he thought he got away it once so went on to do it again. That’s why I thinks it’s so important to hold people countable for their behaviour or they will just carry on using said behaviour. Anyway sorry for the rant and well done if you read all that 👏
I'm sorry this happened to you ❤ I hope you're in a place now where you feel better about it all and please know it wasn't your fault by any means - the system failed you. This is exactly what I mean. There need to be repercussions and not 'ohhh but it was a mistake' - it doesn't matter if it was a mistake. People need to be held accountable. And if they feel genuine remorse and want to work on themselves and prove they've learned, then we can talk about forgiveness. And Lando's not the one who gets to tell POC if Vips or anyone deserves forgiveness or punishments.

• Heart

MissF1

VIP Member
Wow, Carmen really said wag time 😇
Wondering if it's gonna be jewelry, clothing line along with PRussel princess once Mercedes starts dominating again
I don't have nothing against it, it's just funny to me how she went from Justine to Sandy in 2 seasons 🙈

waiting for "your girl Heidi..." 🥊
Sis did a 180 once Georgie Boy went to Merc. 😬 Didn’t want to be a wag of a Williams driver it seems.
1656645713386.gif

Another great comment by Seb
An absolute fucking king. 👑
See Max, commenting on it was pretty easy. 🤦‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha

monza

VIP Member
I know it's childish but it's so fucking funny to see spanish Iona and Kathy together 😆😆

Back to the days when I thought Lando is too cool and Pierre is too clingy

• Haha