Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
It’s not because he knows Nelson. Literally everyone was hoping for him and even Kelly before that disgusting like to not be like him and rooting for them, giving them the benefit of the doubt. It was what Max said himself that put him in this position. Everyone was fine with what he said to Sky as well, then he fucked it up. It’s his doing, no one’s putting him in a position. He was the one driver, possible the only one, that absolutely should’ve said something because it was him Nelson was trying to praise by talking about Lewis like that. And he completely failed to distance himself from Nelson’s remarks in his interview with autosport. And while it might not be the most important thing, it’s still important to make young fans aware that this is not an appropriate answer to racism - trying to make excuses for racial slurs. There’s no defending that.
he never made excuses for racial slurs

Reactions: 1
So what is the context and what does it change in this case exactly? What do you need more to judge? Max excusing Nelson's racial abuse bc he knows him and he is a "nice and relaxed guy" isn't enough? "Media and everyone" didn't make it about Max bc they hate him but bc taking an anti-racist stand requires the voice and action of everyone involved in this sport which includes drivers too. His first statement was decent but saying "this word has two meanings but everyone chose the worst one and blew out of proportion" isn't though.
“As he said, it can be interpreted in two ways, and of course people pick up on the bad side and it gets really blown out of proportion, because I know Nelson personally.

This is the whole complete sentence in the autosport, do you really think this makes sense?, he started with something and ended with something totally different. My point is why analyse everything max says?. focus on bernie and nelson and have them accountable. when people focusing on max, the real culprit is escaping.

All I'm gonna say its easy to claim to be an ally and against bigotry when you're speaking against a faceless mass but if you're not willing to walk the walk when it comes to those close to you, your support is flimsy. I have gotten into shouting matches with my father over his casual usage of the n word and it didn't make him magically less racist but he knows better than to say it around me. I doubt Kelly was going to dump her boytoy if he called out her dad so him waffling and defending the character of a man he barely knows only because its convenient tell me everything.

Also funny that Max's fans pivoted from "He barely knows Nelson, they only met once!' to "He knows Nelson personally, I trust his judgment" within the span of a day.
Kudos to you for standing up against your dad.

Let’s be real, NP did not use that ‘term’ in any other way but negative when speaking about the crash with max last year

the defence that there are two meaning to the word in my opinion aren’t relevant in this situation because it was obviously said to degrade Lewis
100% agree, I have no issue with this

But he's NOT escaping...he's facing a lifetime ban 🤷🏻‍♀️. Everyone knows NP is a racist piece of shit...the reason we are talking about Max is because he has said he's NOT a racist piece of shit and refused to comdemn him.
lifetime ban to something that he rarely makes an appearance?