Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

aidil

VIP Member
Christ on a bike, I am like 25 pages behind! I leave the internet for a few hours and suddenly there’s a content explosion! 🤣 Be prepared for reaction spam shortly 😈 It’s my last day in my current job tomorrow (been there seven years!!) so got a few bits to sort out before bed!

HAPPY 1GAS10 THREAD GUYS! 😍

• Heart
Reactions: 17

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Has anyone seen any coverage of the fact Bernie Ecclestone used the word "coloured"?

News i can see just seems to be about Putin.
Now I know there is that older generation who lived when coloured was the phrase said. But the only ones still using it are the outright racists, or the low-key racists - e.g. he was a coloured chap, but he was very good, in reference to a tradesman or something. I can't tell you how many times I've heard a certain person I sort of know say something like that.

• Heart
  • Sad

imolathesecond

VIP Member
I don't see anything wrong over what he said. He reiterated so many times that the word has two meaning,but it is better not to use it. But media is only focusing on only one part of what he said. He also talked about teaching young kinds about these, which is also good one. But I don't see any media focusing on it.
To me it’s a ‘I don’t like what he said but…’ sentiment. And what he said about education just seems like a cover up, everything he’s said on Sky is unraveled by what he’s said in the article defending Nelson - but that’s just my opinion. I still don’t think he’s racist but he’s also just not clearly condemning what’s been said by saying it’s a culture thing but people only see the bad. There’s no need to defend Nelson. I truly get it’s hard to go against family but he even said he’s not going to try to get him to change his views which idk, doesn’t sit right with me. Max has and will never experience racism and him saying Nelson isn’t a racist because he knows him just isn’t that great of a reason.

• Heart

imolathesecond

VIP Member
Lol, I am not defending MAX, I don't see the point of hate towards max or focusing and interpreting max and clinging to what max said when nelson had said things wrong. It is not even about max but kudos to the media and everyone for making it about max. calling out max or focusing on him is not fighting against racism.
Everything needs context, how can you judge someone without any context.
No one's hating on him, at least I'm not. He dug that hole for himself, he said what he said - with or without context, the sentences don't lose meaning without context. Claiming it needs context is similar to the 'It has a different meaning in Portuguese' thing. It's not fighting racism, but calling him out is still important. Because he has a lot of fans who think this is an appropriate answer and it's not. I don't care about Max. I don't care if he's racist, if he's defending Piquet, if he's not. I care about which consequences his words will have in the greater picture of things and how young fans, looking up to him, will see him defending a racist man and a racist young driver. That's what matters, not Max.

• Heart

Ultimate Lurkee

VIP Member
Yeah agree 100%. Max hasn't helped himself and to be honest, we surround ourselves with the people who we admire and respect...his circle isn't looking great on these fronts and his history is fairly chequered. It's certainly been a sour start to the British GP and Lewis must be sick to the back teeth of having to talk about this again and again.
This for me is one of the worst parts. Yet again he's forced to talk about it, yet again he's reminded that his peers and the people they associate with see him as less than. It must be fucking exhausting

• Heart
  • Sad

imolathesecond

VIP Member
I am not defending piquet, he is racist he can go to hell for all I care. I have called out a lot of racist people in my life, and in every case, their friends would come and say "oh no she is not a racist, she is a good person" but usually the person would be the first-class bully their friend just doesn't know it. In a case like this, is it fine to focus on this friend and make a drama out of her instead of focusing on the main case raised?. That is what I am against it. Just because max knew nelson doesn't mean we have to analyse every breath he takes and make a drama out of it and leave the main issue unattended. focus on nelson and that idiot bully instead of focusing on max
It’s not because he knows Nelson. Literally everyone was hoping for him and even Kelly before that disgusting like to not be like him and rooting for them, giving them the benefit of the doubt. It was what Max said himself that put him in this position. Everyone was fine with what he said to Sky as well, then he fucked it up. It’s his doing, no one’s putting him in a position. He was the one driver, possible the only one, that absolutely should’ve said something because it was him Nelson was trying to praise by talking about Lewis like that. And he completely failed to distance himself from Nelson’s remarks in his interview with autosport. And while it might not be the most important thing, it’s still important to make young fans aware that this is not an appropriate answer to racism - trying to make excuses for racial slurs. There’s no defending that.

kubnikol

VIP Member
also i'm expecting post from Kym 😂 Grace and Heidi with caption "Ricciardo's two favorite women in paddock to support him on his birthday weekend . Will he finally score a points ? We will see 😂😂

• Haha

Futtrit

VIP Member
Has anyone seen any coverage of the fact Bernie Ecclestone used the word "coloured"?

News i can see just seems to be about Putin.

• Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 16

90sgirl

VIP Member
The poor dog
This dog was sniffing in the queue this morning was so hard not to give it a stroke!

to be honest a fight wouldn’t suprise there were a lot of drunk men looking for fights. Was almost one behind me between a Lewis fan and a Max fan luckily security stepped in quick! Was also in a different spot again behind some really drunk guys watching the W series and the amount of misogynistic comments they were making made me want to punch them 😡

• Sad
  • Wow
  • Angry

maisie20

VIP Member
Oh my god anyone see this? Alison is hilarious, her with the McLaren boys will be chaos!

• Heart
  • Haha