Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

90sgirl

VIP Member
I’m going to put my two pence in on the whole ‘mistake’ thing sorry

I think what it find the most hurtful about Lando and Max saying it was a mistake is I was attacked (not going to say how but you can probably guess) when I was a teenager by a very popular guy at my school, I reported it to the police and it was a whole extremely hard situation but people around me , other kids at school and even the teachers constantly Told me he was a good kid, he made a mistake and that i was ruining his future. In the end the pressure got to me and I dropped all charges and it’s something I regret to this day. He went on to a top Uni and got a really good job but then was arrested for doing the same thing to another girl and I blamed myself for a very long time that I basically reinforced his behaviour, that he thought he got away it once so went on to do it again. That’s why I thinks it’s so important to hold people accountable for their behaviour or they will just carry on using said behaviour. Anyway sorry for the rant and well done if you read all that 👏

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 26

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Have you had an accident at work that wasn't your fault?

Call the National Accident Helpline for no win no fee advice on your claim.

Think Lando needs their number.

• Haha
Reactions: 26

yukinobambino

VIP Member
So now Max has defended Nelson. That's the other shoe dropping I guess.

The article is worse than the headline: “As he said, it can be interpreted in two ways, and of course people pick up on the bad side and it gets really blown out of proportion, because I know Nelson personally.
At some point people need to stop coddling him, he has no business as a white man (with his own history of racism might I add) to comment on whether or not Nelson's actions were racist, he literally repeated the same talking points Nelson used in his apology. I get that cryptkeeper is his future father-in-law but come the fuck on. He also doesn't agree with him being banned from the paddock

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

miss_americana

Chatty Member
My husband has just text me to tell me Toto was being interviewed on five live and I quote “he sounded very sexy, that man has real BDE”. I don’t know who loves him more at this point me or him 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24

imolathesecond

VIP Member
So now Max has defended Nelson. That's the other shoe dropping I guess.

The article is worse than the headline: “As he said, it can be interpreted in two ways, and of course people pick up on the bad side and it gets really blown out of proportion, because I know Nelson personally.

• Sad
  • Angry
  • Sick
Reactions: 23

90sgirl

VIP Member
An amazing first day going to spam you with some photos sorry 😁
0B4D0ED1-A29D-4AF9-88B5-142488DBBA05.jpeg
(Daniels face when everyone started singing happy birthday)
701FDFCB-EB00-4C99-8EAE-6ABA42977D79.jpeg
6C38A107-15EA-467E-BEB3-6074A8B228BE.jpeg
Yuki is even smaller in real life 🤣

• Heart

maisie20

VIP Member
Let’s be real, NP did not use that ‘term’ in any other way but negative when speaking about the crash with max last year

the defence that there are two meaning to the word in my opinion aren’t relevant in this situation because it was obviously said to degrade Lewis

• Heart

Agatha—

I am so nervous angry everything
Piquet is racist and homophobic

This is absolutely disgusting, what a horrible man. There’s just no linguistic context this time, he is awful and he went and send that non apology knowing he said even more things.

Then you have Kelly and all her post about bullying and respect but staying completely silent now and having that spotify

Honestly I’ve been a fan of Max since the Toro Rosso days but what he said yesterday was so dismissing that I’m starting to think he agrees with it in some level.

Apprently Max Twitter account until yesterday followed 302 accounts mostly about racing, famous people and models and then a very intense far right politician with known islamophobic, anti immigration and racist views from the Netherlands called Geert Welders that was once banned from entering the UK. Today he follows 301, guess who his account stopped following?

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 22

imolathesecond

VIP Member
I have never in my life thought that I would side with max, I am supporting him( Max) because I have seen a lot of people like him, a friend of a racist, a cousin of a racist, a classmate of a racist. Imagine you in his shoes, It is never easy to call out a friend when they are racist (believe me, I tried it once and I knew the aftermath). The point I am making is don't concentrate on what a friend says (that friend could be you as well) instead focus on the culprit.

Not my intention to hurt anyone here, you guys were having a pretty good time, I have a guilty feeling that I botched it, but racism is a triggering topic to me, I am finding it hard when it is twisted and focused on something that is insignificant. hope you guys understand
I truly didn't to say anything anymore because I feel how it's not doing me any good, my chest is getting a bit heavy but I'm okay. But you're allowed to say your piece, just as I and everyone else is too.
We all get it's not easy to condemn a family member, I've been there and I no longer have ties to half my family because of it, but there are a million steps between condemning and defending. He chose to defend him. If he wished he could've also been honest and said 'I don't think it's great, I don't know if and how to approach this with Nelson, it's hard to deal with when it's your family' and I would've applauded him for being genuine. But he gave the same trainwreck of an excuse Nelson gave and therefore is setting a terrible example to all his young fans that already hate Lewis by default and think 'Well, if Max is saying it's a cultural thing, then it's fine' and it's not, it's not fine. It's a kick in the gut to everyone that's ever experienced racial abuse. And it's not wrong to focus on this as well as the other things because this is just as important, this is another influential man excusing racist behaviour. He's not just a friend of a racist somewhere in a random village, an unknown face to everyone, he's a public figure - a World Champion. He's got a large following and he has a responsibility with that. And today, he truly showed how little he cares.

• Heart

miss_americana

Chatty Member
But he's NOT escaping...he's facing a lifetime ban 🤷🏻‍♀️. Everyone knows NP is a racist piece of shit...the reason we are talking about Max is because he has said he's NOT a racist piece of shit and refused to comdemn him.
And also Max has said he doesn’t agree with the ban. He could have quite easily said no comment but he (IMO) has made his stance on the matter quite clear and indicated a substantial amount about himself in the process.
My main thoughts- as Lurkee said are with Lewis. What he said in the press conference was so eloquent and the same on the sky programme but I just thought he looked tired. And my god wouldn’t you be for having to deal with this shit day in day out. Let alone at your home race. I was so glad on the sky show to see how the crowd reacted to him and his face light up. I’m just thankful this happened before silverstone and not another race like Austria or Spa where he would have been faced with horrific boos from the OA.

ETA- I meant SPA not Spain. Trying to mark exams whilst typing 😂

Last edited:
  • Heart

yukinobambino

VIP Member
All I'm gonna say its easy to claim to be an ally and against bigotry when you're speaking against a faceless mass but if you're not willing to walk the walk when it comes to those close to you, your support is flimsy. I have gotten into shouting matches with my father over his casual usage of the n word and it didn't make him magically less racist but he knows better than to say it around me. I doubt Kelly was going to dump her boytoy if he called out her dad so him waffling and defending the character of a man he barely knows only because its convenient tell me everything.

Also funny that Max's fans pivoted from "He barely knows Nelson, they only met once!' to "He knows Nelson personally, I trust his judgment" within the span of a day.

• Heart